Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - Dystopia

Go down 
+41
DevZor
Speedmetalfreak
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
jstate
Wayne
Doomdance
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Rex
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Lari
Joe
GrandNational
bassman
nevermore
kmorg
tohostudios
Smindas
Wurthless
exact33
tul
Wargod
Eyesore
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Not representative of the whole album, but man, this song is wicked! Stu sounds ridiculously good, especially with the highs.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:25 pm

on my way to pick this up

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Just ordered this tonight.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Wow! What a fantastic song. Might have to get this after all.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Ordered this. Now just waiting on it to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:06 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Wow! What a fantastic song. Might have to get this after all.
Like I said, though, that's not indicative of the whole album. "Days of Rage" is similar, as are parts of the title track, but the rest aren't so fast and heavy.

Just listen to the other tracks on YouTube. =)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm

And call me crazy, but unless Stu just totally blows in a live setting, I kind of think he's better than Barlow and Owens. I mean, he's doing both their styles and more. He sounds brilliant on this thing. His vocals on "Days of Rage" sound a bit tough-guy forced, you know, but he's perfect on the rest of the album.

If he can do this stuff live, he's better.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 pm

I already think he's better than Owens. And I used to be the biggest Owens fanboy in the world.

Just because he is a great vocalist doesn't mean I really want to buy this album though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Sounds like a Barlow clone. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:47 pm

I listened to the first 3 or 4 songs. So far pretty good. I am dissapointed with the way it sounds though. It has no balls at all. The vocals are actually stronger than the music.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Sounds like a Barlow clone. No thanks.
Yeah, not even close. lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I listened to the first 3 or 4 songs. So far pretty good. I am dissapointed with the way it sounds though. It has no balls at all. The vocals are actually stronger than the music.
My sole complaint. But that's been my biggest complaint about every album since Horror Show. Morris and Schaeffer do not know how to make an album sound heavy using digital recording methods.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:39 pm

not at all. The drums don't even sound real.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:43 am

It's better than real ... it's perfect!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:04 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
surprised
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:32 am

Quote :
I kind of think he's better than Barlow and Owens. I mean, he's doing both their styles and more.

I agree
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:41 am

I'm really liking the song posted above. Gotta get this one for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
surprised

joke
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am

Gotta admit, the new songs sound promising. I'm still not convinced that I want this, but who knows. I might pick it up at some point. Too much other stuff out there that I know I want before this. Stu sounds good though.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:51 am

Ordered the deluxe CD + shirt for my son for Christmas...he loved Iced Earth and he loves Into Eternity so he's completely stoked about this.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:40 pm

This album sounds great upon first listen. Im really digging the song Anguish of Youth as it just has this Dark Saga type sound...

This is def a step in the right direction.....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:42 pm

I'm listening to the second half (the firs half yesterday) and I really like it. Stu's vocals and the music have far exceeded my exectations. True as Eyesore said that this is not quite a return to the IE of old but certainly better than recent years. If one likes Sons Of Liberty, you won't be dissapointed in this one as many of these songs would fit on Brushfires (sans Jon's voice of course).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Has Jon gotten rid of (or at least toned down) all the "symphonic" elements? A little here and there to add some depth is fine, but he was getting a little too Blind Guardian / Stratovarius for my tastes. That's what drove me away from the last few albums.

He can be just as epic with guitars, bass & drums.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:36 pm

I forgot to get this yesterday. Ill have to see about stopping by today to get it...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:42 pm

I was hopin' to get this yesterday but struck out. Iced Earth's Facebook page sez it's available at Best Buy so I went to BB's site (where you can "search by store") to see if they had it in stock at the store nearest my house. Of course, it came up as NOT AVAILABLE at that particular store, though it's available at some others around the area that are a little too far out of my way.

Just to be sure I called the store nearest me, asked the music department about it and their response was "Ice Who?" So I said "Forget it, nevermind..."

BB's site lists the store near where I work as having it in stock, but I'm off from work this week on vacation and I'm sure by the time I go back on Monday, even if I make a quick lunch time trip out there, someone will have already bought the one copy they probably have. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - Dystopia
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next