Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - Dystopia

Go down 
+41
DevZor
Speedmetalfreak
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
jstate
Wayne
Doomdance
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Rex
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Lari
Joe
GrandNational
bassman
nevermore
kmorg
tohostudios
Smindas
Wurthless
exact33
tul
Wargod
Eyesore
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Iced Earth - Dystopia Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Figured it was time for an official Dystopia thread.

Try to tune out the people talking and listen to the song playing. It sounds awesome! I was convinced it was Barlow, like some unreleased Iced Earth tune, but toward the end, when Jon is showing where bands you do photoshoots outside, you can hear that it's Stu. And then they up the volume at the end.

Sounds great, though! And Stu sounds killer at the end, way better than he does on the "Dante's Inferno" re-recording.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 pm

It does indeed sound like it is gonna be good. But then again I'm an Iced Earth fanboy.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBFlZSYRsxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKZYnhq-ybI
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:10 am

I have hope for this album. Those youtube sounded pretty good.

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:52 am

Those YouTube links sound awesome!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:41 am

Okay, fair play. That 'Anthem' track sounds fantastic.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 am

Wow impressive!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:27 am

Man, does that ever sound like Matt Barlow!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:59 am

OK, my ears are tickled.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Very cool. Still hate the new production sound. They let nothing breathe anymore.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:06 pm

I have a friend at the ProgPower Fest in Atlanta and she told me that the album was premiered at the fest. She told me it sounded great.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:19 pm

nevermore wrote:
I have a friend at the ProgPower Fest in Atlanta and she told me that the album was premiered at the fest. She told me it sounded great.

Ill wait to hear a little more before I go all in. I liked IE but I am not getting sucked into the hype...

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:44 pm

That sounds great! Stu sounds like he can cover both Barlow's grit and low end and Ripper's high end screaming. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:54 pm

It's official, Stu's a perfect fit for IE.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:10 am

I like what I'm hearing there. I'll definitely pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:44 pm

exact33 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Ill wait to hear a little more before I go all in. I liked IE but I am not getting sucked into the hype...

x2

I liked Days of Rage, but other than the solo on Anthem, I didn't really care for it. Stu does sound great though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:10 pm

"Anthem" is way better than "Days of Rage," which is basically a take on "Disciples of the Lie," which was a take on "Violate."
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I don't want to hear samples. I'm getting the album anyway. I'm saving it all for the first listening experience. Dante's Inferno will keep me happy while waiting.

I saw they are playing in my hometown December 1st. I'm booking tickets right now.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:08 pm

These songs don't do anything for me. Prefer SONS OF LIBERTY actually, but Stu is a very good singer. One of the best of the newer metal vocalists.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
These songs don't do anything for me. Prefer SONS OF LIBERTY actually, but Stu is a very good singer. One of the best of the newer metal vocalists.

Definatly. I saw Into Eternity open for Symphony X and Stu's voice, most notably his falsetto, blew me away. I actually think he sounds better live than in the studio.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:02 am

I could never really get into this band, despite owning some good releases by them. So i guess this won't be an urgent purchase.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:03 am

Dystopia should reunite and come out with an album called Iced Earth
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:01 am

exact33 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Same here.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:30 am

Lari wrote:
I don't want to hear samples. I'm getting the album anyway. I'm saving it all for the first listening experience. Dante's Inferno will keep me happy while waiting.

I'm with you but some people aren't as giving when it comes to bands stepping off in quality. I tend to be a three strikes kind of guy. IE slipped a bit with the last two albums so they only have two strikes against them (even though they werent as bad as some people claim IMO).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:00 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Lari wrote:

I'm with you but some people aren't as giving when it comes to bands stepping off in quality. I tend to be a three strikes kind of guy. IE slipped a bit with the last two albums so they only have two strikes against them (even though they werent as bad as some people claim IMO).

when bands have multiple sub-par releases in a row they generally go from blind buy status to listen to it before buying. I dont download the whole album but will listen to clips to make my determination.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - Dystopia
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next