Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth!

Go down 
+31
akeldama
Metal Misfit
Doomdance
Joe
Rex
Grimmo
nevermore
Gilbert
ZetaReticuli
exact33
7thSaviour
Smindas
JBall_Z
Dave the Boss
MetalFRO
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
kmorg
Olafsto
INVADERS
Temple of Blood
Lari
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
manny
Fat Freddy
mc666
QuothTheRaven
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:06 pm

I searched for an Iced Earth thread, and it appears there are none active. Several in the RIP section, but that was it.

Anyway ... who is a fan? I freekin' LOVE Iced Earth! They don't have a bad album IMHO!

Iced Earth! 877540
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:10 pm

I used to be a major IE fan but then came the Ripper albums. At the time I blamed Ripper for me not liking the output but now Barlowe is back and I still don't like the IE output. I think Jon has just lost the knack for writing a good song.

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:17 pm

They are one of my favorites, too, particularly the "classic" line-up with Matt Barlow on vocals. I like the Ripper albums, too, but there is something about Barlow's voice. Interesting that you brought this up now. I just pulled out "Days of Purgatory" the other day to listen to. I had forgotten how enjoyable the re-recorded early stuff was! Iced Earth! Headbang
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:38 pm

i only like up until The Dark Saga... with Burnt Offerings being their classic. that was one of the best modern power metal albums.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:47 pm

I still love this band, but the last two records have been kinda weak IMO. I hope whenever the next album comes out, that Schaffer has gotten the whole multi-part epic concept-album bug out of his system. If the next album is gonna be "Something Wicked Part 3," I'm gonna be like "Check please!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Not a bad band, but not something I listen to too often. I regret collecting all their stuff, to be honest. OCD is not fun. Sad
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:09 pm

OCD?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:15 pm

The only album I'm missing is "Days of Purgatory". Other than that - I have them all. I need to get that one to fill in my collection.

I would rank their stuff like this:

1. The Dark Saga
2. Something Wicked This Way Comes
3. The Glorious Burden (Tim Owens RULES on this!!!)

*** small gap ***

4. Night of the Stormrider
5. Iced Earth

(both of the above albums are very underrated albums IMHO!)

*** small gap ***

6. The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Pt. 2)
7. Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt. 1)

(both of these albums have proven to be growers for me! There is a lot there to get into ... but once you do - it's quite rewarding!)

*** gap ***

8. Burnt Offerings (though I do like this one, I find it to be their most overrated album. It's quite weak compared to their other works IMHO)
9. Horror Show

But to be honest, I don't think Iced Earth has a bad album. So don't be fooled by my low placement of some of these.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:48 pm

My fave IE's:
NIGHT OF THE STORMRIDER
BURNT OFFERINGS
THE GLORIOUS BURDEN

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:02 pm

I am not a major fan, I only own one CD by Iced Earth and I do enjoy it, and I may purchase more of their albums in the future.
Back to top Go down

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:39 pm

I love, The Glorious Burden, Tim ripped on that one. I like the Barlow stuff a lot and FA has a lot of good stuff but I too want them to be done with the concept idea with the extras and just rock.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:46 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Not a bad band, but not something I listen to too often. I regret collecting all their stuff, to be honest. OCD is not fun. Iced Earth! Icon_sad

Im right there with ya Spec. Especially since I already have all the albums but yet I still bought the box set that came out a couple months back. I still never did watch that dvd that came with it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:58 am

I only like Burnt Offerings myself.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
My fave IE's:
NIGHT OF THE STORMRIDER
BURNT OFFERINGS
THE GLORIOUS BURDEN

It's nice to see someone else have some love for "Night of the Stormrider". That album really flew under a lot of metalhead's radar. Either they haven't heard it, or they just don't realize how much of a monster it really is.

Iced Earth! 877540
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:15 am

Iced Earth are still in my top ten, even if the last great album they put out was (the original) Something Wicked This Way Comes. Those 90's albums are awesome, and I'm not even such a Barlow fanboy - Night of the Stormrider is my favourite.

I've been a fan since that first Something Wicked album, and have collected all their albums and singles (they never released many singles, so not such an achievement, I know). I didn't bother with the re-recorded albums though. I have the original prints of the first two albums. I also didn't get the box set, I just got the covers album, Tribute to the Gods, separate.

While I was a bit disappointed by the Horror Show and the Glorious Burden, the new Something Wicked albums are okay, especially Framing Armageddon has some real good songs in it.

I'm going to have an Iced Earth discography thread some point soon.
Back to top Go down

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:07 am

I prefer their non-epic stuff, The Dark Saga and Something Wicked This Way Comes being my two favorites...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:47 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I prefer their non-epic stuff, The Dark Saga and Something Wicked This Way Comes being my two favorites...

Those are my two favorites as well.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 am

NotS!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:28 am

I just noticed that I neglected to mention SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES in my list of "fave IE's" yesterday. I blame NyQuil. I've had a cold all weekend. Laughing

Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:52 am

Favs are:

Night Of The Stormrider
Burnt Offerings
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Horror Show (Personal Fav - I love the horror theme)
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 am

tohostudios wrote:
I used to be a major IE fan but then came the Ripper albums. At the time I blamed Ripper for me not liking the output but now Barlowe is back and I still don't like the IE output. I think Jon has just lost the knack for writing a good song.

Never been a major fan, but totally agree with with you.
Iced Earth with Ripper: Iced Earth! Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:27 am

I love just about everythnig they've ever done, includig the Ripper albums, and the last one with Barlow.

OCD = Obcessive (sp?) Collecting Disorder Very Happy

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Those are island cds for me. IE is one of my fav bands...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:13 pm

I like their older material, but I've lost interest in them with the last few releases. I liked the first album with Tim Owens, but the 2nd one started to go too deep into the orchestral metal area, which doesn't interest me. I gave up on them after that, even with Barlow back in tow.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:32 pm

kmorg wrote:
I love just about everythnig they've ever done, includig the Ripper albums, and the last one with Barlow.

OCD = Obcessive (sp?) Collecting Disorder Iced Earth! Icon_biggrin

Iced Earth! Lol

I suffer from OCD too then!

I also agree with you Kmorg. ALL their stuff is good!!!

Iced Earth! 877540
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iced Earth! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next