Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - Dystopia

Go down 
+41
DevZor
Speedmetalfreak
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
jstate
Wayne
Doomdance
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Rex
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Lari
Joe
GrandNational
bassman
nevermore
kmorg
tohostudios
Smindas
Wurthless
exact33
tul
Wargod
Eyesore
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Yep, for CMDISTRO.COM. Unique code to download once.

I'm assuming it does come with all digipaks. There was also a patch.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Oh, and I definitely think it's worth getting the version with the two bonus tracks. "Soylent Green" isn't amazing, but it's good, and I think "Iron Will" is excellent. Definitely worth checking out, in my opinion.

Plus you get a free sticker and small poster. Just found them yesterday. Put the poster on my wall and the sticker on my toolbox.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Yeah, I got the sticker, poster and 3 bonus tracks but I didn't find any card for a special download. Got mine from an Amazon zShop and the sticker on the front was in Spanish so I assume this release continues the annoying trend of releasing 5000 configurations of the same album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Lari wrote:
Yep, for CMDISTRO.COM. Unique code to download once.

I'm assuming it does come with all digipaks. There was also a patch.
Nope. I got the digipack, but it came with a poster and a sticker. Lame.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:36 am

Well, I didn't get no poster or a sticker...

The print is Century Media 505109980278

Also has a slipcase, with European tourdates stickered to it.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:02 am

I can't believe I didn't realise there was a download card for 'The Trooper' in my version. I already downloaded the Sabbath cover off iTunes (for some reason, on the UK one you can get the individual track), so I guess now I can complete the set.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:03 am

I don't think Stu has found his voice yet when it comes to the old songs, but he still does a pretty solid job. You can just tell he's trying to emulate Barlow on the old tunes, but he's forcing it.

Solid set list for the first show, too.

01. Dystopia
02. Burning Times
03. Angels Holocaust
04. Slave To The Dark
05. V
06. Stand Alone
07. When The Night Falls
08. Damien
09. Dark City
10. Pure Evil
11. Anguish Of Youth
12. My Own Savior
13. Anthem
14. Declaration Day
15. Days Of Rage
16. Tragedy And Triumph
17. Dante's Inferno

Encore:

18. Iced Earth

Nice mix of old and new.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:23 am

I have to say - I was a huge naysayer when it came to this release but I have been really surprised. Iced Earth has found a way of making good music again - it has really helped that they put away all the orchestration. Dystopia is a very good cd.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Dystopia rocks my socks! Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:55 pm

kmorg wrote:
Dystopia rocks my socks! Laughing

So that's what that smell is. Put your damn socks back on! Very Happy

...on topic though, I went to Best Buy a little while ago to pick up the new Megadeth and noticed they have DYSTOPIA in stock too. Unfortunately I only had enough $$ for one disc on me so I did quite a bit of hemming and hawing before deciding to go with Megadeth for now and leave I.E. for the next visit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 pm

I would personally argue you should have gone with Iced Earth - this is genuinely one of the best metal albums I've heard this year. Of course, that's only my opinion so take that as you will.

As for the live clips, Stu seems do a pretty good Barlow impression. I reckon it'll be a while before he gives the old stuff his own character. Set list looks fantastic though, really looking forward to seeing them tomorrow night!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Smindas wrote:
I would personally argue you should have gone with Iced Earth - this is genuinely one of the best metal albums I've heard this year. Of course, that's only my opinion so take that as you will.

As for the live clips, Stu seems do a pretty good Barlow impression. I reckon it'll be a while before he gives the old stuff his own character. Set list looks fantastic though, really looking forward to seeing them tomorrow night!
He did inflect his own thing into a couple of parts. He also looked a bit awkward, like he was afraid of forgetting lyrics. It also looks like he might have the lyrics on the floor at his feet. Haha. He'll get more comfortable as they go, I think.

And you're seeing them tomorrow night? Nice! I don't think they come around here until March or May. Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Yeah, I'd been humming and harring about going ever since they announced the UK tour. I decided to give it a miss about a month ago, but I was so impressed with Dystopia that I realised it would be stupid to miss out. Cue me finally getting a ticket yesterday, ha.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:18 pm

I think Dystopia is one of their best albums yet. I can't stop listening to it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think it ranks 3rd in their catalog for me behind Somthing Wicked I and Dark Saga. I think the original Something Wicked will always be my favorite album by Iced Earth.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think it ranks 3rd in their catalog for me behind Somthing Wicked I and Dark Saga. I think the original Something Wicked will always be my favorite album by Iced Earth.

It certainly is great and one of their best. I would rank it 4th:

Burnt Offerings
Dark Saga
Something Wicked
Dystopia
Night Of The Stormrider
The Glorious Burden
Horrorshow

And further away:

Framing Armageddon
The Cruible Of Man
Iced Earth (music is great, but not a fan of the vocalist)
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Iced Earth at the bottom? Don't get me wrong, Gene Adam sounds ridiculous, but I think he has a certain charm. 'Colors' is still probably my favourite Iced Earth track.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Smindas wrote:
Iced Earth at the bottom? Don't get me wrong, Gene Adam sounds ridiculous, but I think he has a certain charm. 'Colors' is still probably my favourite Iced Earth track.

I guess I either can't get past Gene's voice or I haven't listened to it enough. I will give it another spin tomorrow to see if my opinion has changed.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Gene's voice does take a bit of getting used to, but I really do rate the debut highly. Give it another go and see if you can get past them. Otherwise, there's always Days of Purgatory and the live versions (although there is no trace of 'Curse The Sky' with Matt Barlow, which is criminal!).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Smindas wrote:
Gene's voice does take a bit of getting used to, but I really do rate the debut highly. Give it another go and see if you can get past them. Otherwise, there's always Days of Purgatory and the live versions (although there is no trace of 'Curse The Sky' with Matt Barlow, which is criminal!).

Forgot about Days Of Purgatory, I will include it on tomorrow's playlist as well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I am not there yet but it is really really good.

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:27 am

I got this album a few days ago, and so far it hasn't grabbed me by the balls yet. I've listened to it several times in only a few days, and I'm not too impressed.

My initial thoughts after a the first few listens is that this album is very hit and miss. Stu is a great vocalist for Iced Earth, and is better than expected in my opinion. However, several of the songs kind of bore me. The only songs I like so far are Anthem, Dark City, Anguish of Youth, and Days of Rage.

I give this album a 5/10. Nothing sucks about this album, but it lacks that feeling of awesome on most songs. When I hear this album I want to like it, but I can't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:26 am

Guys, if you get the chance, I strongly suggest catching Iced Earth on this tour. Friday's gig was fantastic (if cut annoyingly short by the idiotic venue timings, but whatever) - the set list, although a bit Dystopia heavy was a good mix of things. But more than anything, the band seems to be rather reinvigorated. Stu Block is a brilliant singer live, seemed to absolutely nail most the old stuff. The only track he struggled with was 'Declaration Day', although that final verse was stunning.

Also, they played 'Dante's Inferno' and it was awesome.

Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:59 am

I have to agree with you there smindas. I was at Fridays gig in islington myself and thought Stu sounded amazing on both old and new tracks.

What impressed me most was Stu's banter with the crowd and his band mates. The guy looked relaxed and the whole band looked like they were having a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 pm

I'll catch them three weeks from now. I'm going with my wife.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - Dystopia
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next