Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICED EARTH box set

Go down 
+11
Chairman_Smith
Wargod
exact33
nevermore
mc666
Smindas
kmorg
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:37 am

As previously reported, Century Media Records in Germany have put
together an all-encompassing ICED EARTH box due out this month.

Slave To The Dark – The Century Media Years is the title of the
luxurious box set containing everything the legendary power metal act
released via its former label home.

Garnered with marvellous artwork by Leo Hao (BLIND GUARDIAN,
NOCTURNAL RITES, etc.) and ennobled with glossy print and embossing,
the set consists of 14 CDs plus one DVD and offers you a total of 145
tracks including all original album tracks as well as rarities and
previously unreleased material.

Titles in the set include: Iced Earth (1990), Night Of The
Stormrider (+ 1 live bonus track) (1991), Burnt Offerings (plus entire
album as alternative mix) (1995), The Dark Saga (+ 2 previously
unreleased bonus tracks) (1996), Days Of Purgatory (1997), Something
Wicked This Way Comes (+ 3 bonus tracks) (1998), Enter The Realm Of The
Gods ((Enter The Realm Demo + Tribute To The Gods album), Alive In
Athens (+ 1 bonus track) (1999), Horror Show (+ 1 bonus track) (2001),
Alive In Athens DVD (2006).

All CDs have been redesigned as lavish gatefold-vinyl replicas
with enhanced artwork and thus Slave To The Dark – The Century Media
Years is the best chance to get all the classic Iced Earth albums in
one comprehensive box.

To allow you to purchase only certain albums from this collection,
Century Media will also separately release all of the aforementioned
albums including the particular bonuses.

The Slave To The Dark – The Century Media Years box set and all reissues will be released on the following dates:

- Germany/Austria/Switzerland/Benelux/Italy: Friday, February 22nd

- UK/France/Denmark/Norway/Rest of Europe: Monday, February 25th

- Spain/Portugal: Tuesday, February 26th

- Sweden/Finland/Hungary: Wednesday, February 27th

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:55 am

I bet it'll be pricey too
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:08 pm

I'll bet it will. Sort of unnecessary really. They just released the Dark Genesis box set not long ago, as well as all the remastered discs with new covers. This is just a way to bilk more money out of the fans for the same songs and recordings. (Not that I'm immune to this sort of marketing ploy. I give into it all the time.)

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:10 pm

I might wait til I can save enough to get that if it gets a U.S. release. After getting rid of my Iced Earth CDs when I became a Christian, I've only re-captured Alive In Athens (2CD not the 3CD) and have a few songs downloaded. The only ones I never had were Tribute To The Gods and Horror Show. I've been meaning to re-capture the others but if this becomes availiable I might just wait a wile and get the whole shebang.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 pm

I've already got the original CDs so I really have no need for this... it's just a cash grab for their (former) record label, squeezin' a few last drops of juice out of the IE catalog...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Maybe this will be my chance to fill my Iced Earth holes? I'll check into the price. I can always sell the originals.

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:07 pm

kmorg wrote:
Iced Earth holes?

Mmmmm....iced earth holes

ICED EARTH box set Image1-1
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:20 pm

Such a cash grab. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of "bonus tracks" will be from The Melancholy EP. However, I am an Iced Earth whore, so it's going to be incredibly challenging not to buy this :S

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Iced Earth holes?

Mmmmm....iced earth holes

ICED EARTH box set Image1-1
yum, and they do look icey. Razz

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:26 pm

I already have the Dark Genesis box. I don't think I need another one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:36 pm

I will wait and see what the tracks are before buying this one. CM just re-released 3 sentenced cds so I am eyeing those right now...

Alex

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:23 pm

CDinzane is selling it at $169.00, I wanted one but the bastards only post it to the states.

http://www.cdinzane.com/index.cfm
Back to top Go down

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 pm

Smindas wrote:
Such a cash grab. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of "bonus tracks" will be from The Melancholy EP. However, I am an Iced Earth whore, so it's going to be incredibly challenging not to buy this :S
Yeah, the fact that they haven't told us what the bonus tracks are pretty much guarantee they're going to be previously released songs. You know the bonus track for Horror Show will be "Transylvania," and the rest will probably be from the EP or live.

Century Media has put out a few really good reissues (The Gathering's Mandylion, for one), but overall they're becoming just as bad as Roadrunner.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:24 pm

I read it goes for $130 but then again other vendors while raise the price!

I'm thinking about this!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:40 pm

$130? Haha, I think i'll stick with Dark Genesis.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:36 am

$130? Not too bad. I think I WILL just wait and get that instead of each album individually (which would probably be twice that much in all).
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Sorry to drag this old thread up again but i,ve been searching for info on this box set.

Now, being from the UK this box set is due out on these shores next monday the 2th of Feb. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere to confirm the official price and let me pre-order it.

Does someone know any more details.
Back to top Go down

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Old? This thread isn't even a week old yet.

Anyway, no more info aside from an ambiguous mention of bonus tracks has been put out there. This pretty much confirms that this whole thing—while likely a cool collectible—is largely a cash grab from Century Media.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:13 pm

They mention 2 unreleased bonus tracks. I am still curious as to what they could be. However, I have a sinking feeling they'll be worthless demo tracks.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Yeah I havent been able to find it for pre order anywhere myself. I saw it on blabbermouth and here and thats pretty much it. I would like to get it myself but are they going to me the remixed/remastered versions of the albums or is Burnt offerings the only one with both versions? If I miss it I miss it I guess. I already have all the albums anyway and id like to pick up the other remixed ones that I dont have. Theres also tons of other stuff I want to get to complete some of my collections so even though I would really like to pick this up its not going to be on my most wanted list, but maybe that will change if I can find exact info.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Sounds interesting, but I'll pass. I've got all the albums already, so a few bonus tracks don't justify the purchase for me. And did I read correctly that there is no US release for this?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Amazon is advertising it being availiable as an import for about $210. Give it a while and then it will probably be availiable used on Amazon Market for quite a bit less. That will be when I can afford to buy it so that is good for me. If I never got rid of my Iced Earth CDs when I became a Christian then I'd just buy Horror Show and Tribute To The Gods and pass over it. Seeing as I only have Alive In Athens, Glorious Burden, and Framing Armegeddon-I can't afford to pass this up.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:19 am

Right, I was just seeing if this box set was anywhere on the UK eBay yet, and it is! For £85. Ugh. But, the auction lists the exact contents of the box, including the bonus tracks, which is intruiging. I've just put all the relevant information here, so you guys can peruse the important bits.

CD1 - Iced Earth
CD2 - Night of the Stormrider - bonus track, live 'Stormrider'
CD3 - Burnt Offerings
CD4 - Burnt Offerings (Alternative Mix) - this has me rather curious. Is it the remaster, is it the original or some third new thing?
CD5 - Dark Saga - unreleased song 'Hellspawn', two different mixes. I am curious to hear this, that's for sure.
CD6 - Days of Purgatory 1
CD7 - Days of Purgatory 2
CD8 - Something Wicked This Way Comes - as predicted, the bonus tracks are those off the Melancholy EP. So it's Shooting Star, Electric Funeral and The Ripper
CD9 - Enter the Realm
CD10 - Tribute to the Gods
CD11 - Alive In Athens 1
CD12 - Alive In Athens 2 - bonus track of Colors from the same gig, which was also on the Melancholy EP
CD13 - Alive in Athens 3
CD14 - Horror Show

Then the last disc I think is the AiA DVD. This is certainly a ratherodd set. Pretty much everything done by IE with Century Media and then a few rarities. Specifically, this 'Hellspawn' song and the alternative Burnt Offerings mix. What also hasn't been made clear about this set is if the first few albums are the remasters or the originals? The covers imply they're the originals. Also, found a picture of the set all opened up. At least it looks nice.

ICED EARTH box set 70d4_1

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:34 am

Looks sweet, but I ain't layin out that kinda cash to hear ONE unreleased song ("Hellspawn")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ICED EARTH box set Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICED EARTH box set
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next