Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new iced earth ep

Go down 
+10
arttieTHE1manparty
INVADERS
mc666
Wargod
Todd Jaymz
Fat Freddy
ghost
Smindas
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
14 posters
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:04 am

they are releasing a new ep called overture of the wicked which has tim owens singing the something wicked trilogy and also a new song called ten thousand song. it leaked on the internet and i listened to it today. sounds good
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:23 am

Release date?

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:25 am

the ep is released on the 5th this month in america. part one of the album is later this year and part 2 is next year. its continuing the story in the something wicked trilogy
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:33 am

We already had a topic on this I believe. A few of us downloaded the leaked version of the EP a month or two back. It's great stuff, especially the new single. I don't think Tim's any better than Matt on the SW trilogy, but musically, it's really interesting.

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:34 am

In Germany the EP was released today.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:01 am

I've heard the EP, I like the new song "Ten Thousand Strong" but I'm not particularly crazy about the re-worked "Something Wicked" trilogy. Probably because the original version is one of my all-time favorite I.E. tracks, not to mention that Tim's vocal is much more straight forward and not as intense or dramatic as Matt Barlow's on the original. Still good stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 2:48 pm

The songs are ok, nothing ground breaking wish Matt was still in the band. The ep has been getting good respones for me at Metal radio-TJ
Back to top Go down

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 4:39 pm

If Matt was still in the band, "10,000 Strong" would still be the same song...

That said, I like the EP a lot & like Tim's renditions of the older material...
Back to top Go down

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 7:23 pm

There is a few threads on this already, I think. But yeah, I really dig the EP (see my review of it). The trilogy is awesome, but far too many people are wanting it to be identical to the original. They're whining about all the changes. It's amazing, really, because if Jon didn't make those changes, these same people would be whining that the re-recordings are a waste because they're exactly the same.

He had to make the changes, otherwise the whole thing would be pointless. With that said, after a few spins with a clear head, the new version of the trilogy starts to click, and it's great.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Yes I have had a DL of it but I have 2 originals coming anyday now!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:08 pm

i'm just not into it... i've gave it a few listens & it just doesn't grab me.

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 10:01 am

I thought it was excellent . . .
The new song is really song . . . still kinda sounds too much like the glorious burden but never the less, still awesome
the best thing about it is the new re-recording of something wicked

the original is still better but the new one has lots of atmosphere and they're all in lower tunings for a very heavy edge

Top notch

\m/
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 5:46 pm

Quote :
I like the EP a lot & like Tim's renditions of the older material...

What Pelata said +1

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:46 am

I'm am amazed at all the negative reviews this EP is getting. What the heck do people want? This sounds like GREAT heavy metal to me. The opening track grabs you by the jugular and doesn't let go. Full throttle heavy metal built on Jon Chaffer's set of heavy riffs and Owen's soaring vocals. The song rides a fence between thrash and traditional metal. This is what Iced Earth is all about. What's to complain about?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:18 am

No Matt Barlow and re-recording one of the tracks that bears one of Matt's best performances. Petty, yes, but that's where I figure most the negativity is coming from. I'm a Matt die-hard, but even I can't deny that this is a strong step in the right direction.

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:52 am

tim owens does the barlow era stuff really well i fink. espiecially burning times. i'm seeing them with heaven and hell in november Very Happy
Back to top Go down

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 3:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm am amazed at all the negative reviews this EP is getting. What the heck do people want? This sounds like GREAT heavy metal to me. The opening track grabs you by the jugular and doesn't let go. Full throttle heavy metal built on Jon Chaffer's set of heavy riffs and Owen's soaring vocals. The song rides a fence between thrash and traditional metal. This is what Iced Earth is all about. What's to complain about?
I asked the same question in my review. I don't get what people want. If Jon recorded the trilogy exactly the same as the original, those same people would then complain that he didn't change it. I think it's a killer EP, and I love the new version of the trilogy.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 10:09 am

I just picked up Overture Of The Wicked. I really like the new song and the reworked triology is great. A completely different sound than the originals but none-the-less well done. I will always love the Barlow era, but I do welcome Owens. Even though I only discovered Iced Earth about 9 months ago I have moved them into my top 10 and there they will stay if for no other reason than what they have already released.

If I really like Iced Earth do you have any suggestions for other bands I should look into.
Back to top Go down

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 3:06 pm

journeyman wrote:
If I really like Iced Earth do you have any suggestions for other bands I should look into.
Demons & Wizards. Jon from Iced Earth and Hansi from Blind Guardian. Sounds like Iced Earth with Hansi singing, basically. And Jon doesn't use Iced Earth leftovers for D&W. Both albums are killer.

Also, Winterfell is a good underground band to check out. The singer sounds a lot like Matt Barlow. You can order both their CDs from CD Baby (the demo will sold out soon).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Recommend:
JAG PANZER - any disc with Harry Conklin
WINTERS BANE - Heart Of A Killer

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:51 pm

Just got the new EP along with the new album. I've yet to hear the new album but I listened to the EP. If the first song is any indication, the album promises to be killer. As for the re-make of the old Wicked Trilogy, I for one agree with ultmetal's review. The new versions are no better or no worse than the origional ones, just different. Classic Iced Earth through and through!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 2:03 am

I don't like Ripper in Iced Earth like i didn't like Blaze in Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:00 am

The EP and the new album RULES!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new iced earth ep Empty
PostSubject: Re: new iced earth ep   new iced earth ep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new iced earth ep
Page 1 of 1