Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - Dystopia

Go down 
+41
DevZor
Speedmetalfreak
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
jstate
Wayne
Doomdance
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Rex
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Lari
Joe
GrandNational
bassman
nevermore
kmorg
tohostudios
Smindas
Wurthless
exact33
tul
Wargod
Eyesore
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
There are samples posted in this thread.

Just saying...

Doh.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:19 pm

iTunes now has the album up for pre-order.....but there are samples of every song there too. Sounds good.

Now that I think about it, what's the point of pre-ordering a digital copy? It's not like they are going to run out of digital copies or anything.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Rex wrote:
iTunes now has the album up for pre-order.....but there are samples of every song there too. Sounds good.

Now that I think about it, what's the point of pre-ordering a digital copy? It's not like they are going to run out of digital copies or anything.
Hell yeah! Sounds great. But the production, as usual these days, lacks balls.

And maybe the pre-order is cheaper? Of course, there's a note that says the content may change without notice. Kinda lame.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

I will probably pre-order the Century Media package with the t-shirt. If I do that I will have enough IE shirts to wear a different one every day for a week.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Usually I would be excited for a new Iced Earth album but like you said Ken, the newer the albums keep getting the less ballsy it sounds. Also too I was excited about it when I heard Stu was going to be in the band but what I heard him do I'm not sure I'm used to him singing like this. Of course I'll give it a chance though.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:07 pm

I might actually go out and get this the first day.

tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I did not like the other two songs but the title track kills: http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exclusive-iced-earth-debut-new-song-dystopia.html
headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Damn, that's a fantastic tune. Stu sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Gotta say, it's pretty darn good.

That being said, I still want to wait and hear the whole thing or at least some comments here before I'd purchase. I want to know that Jon's got all that "symphonic interlude" crap outta his system. One song does not an album make.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:49 pm

They're three for three so far. "Days of Rage" left me wanting a bit more, but it's not a bad tune, and I thought "Anthem" was excellent.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:10 pm

I haven't been following this thread that much, so I must've missed out on those other tunes. They're gone from Youtube now. This was the first new song I heard since the 'Dante' remake, which I also found enjoyable.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Here's one, though it's all compressy-sounding.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:37 pm

I enjoyed that.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 pm

First impression: New album is excellent. Easily their best since Horror Show. Some great songs on this one. "End of Innocence" is a little too...nice, I guess, but it's a good tune. The verses are just kind of minimal and too sweet-sounding, you know.

I was hoping the version of "Days of Rage" they released earlier was an edit. Apparently not, though, because it still ends abruptly with that awkward fade out. I hate that. Why can't band figure out ways to end songs? Most of the time fade outs are dumb.

Anyway, I listened twice today and am about to listen again. Really dig it, though. And Stu sounds excellent. Waaaaaay better than Owens sounded with them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
First impression: New album is excellent. Easily their best since Horror Show. Some great songs on this one. "End of Innocence" is a little too...nice, I guess, but it's a good tune. The verses are just kind of minimal and too sweet-sounding, you know.

I was hoping the version of "Days of Rage" they released earlier was an edit. Apparently not, though, because it still ends abruptly with that awkward fade out. I hate that. Why can't band figure out ways to end songs? Most of the time fade outs are dumb.

Anyway, I listened twice today and am about to listen again. Really dig it, though. And Stu sounds excellent. Waaaaaay better than Owens sounded with them.

I thought I was the only one with that pet peeve about fadeouts. That's exactly what I've said for the past 40+ years; "How do we end this song? Eh, let's just fade it out."

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:11 pm

I preordered it today (digipak with 13 tracks). 9 more days to wait.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Stu is a good choice for them. He fits right in with the Barlow style.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I thought I was the only one with that pet peeve about fadeouts. That's exactly what I've said for the past 40+ years; "How do we end this song? Eh, let's just fade it out."
Nope. They drive me nuts. Haha. I mean, fade outs work if it's the last note, you know. But the fade outs where the band just keeps playing are pretty lame.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:14 pm

The package came today in the mail. I was damn excited. I opened it. Packing list and bill verify that it is indeed Iced Earth's Dystopia. I shake the envelope to get the CD out.........

and....

there it is! There it....

Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 0000821929_350

F * * K !

I don't know what the hell that is supposed to be, some Swedish slager music? Damn those assholes at cdon.com.

I already wrote them and they apologised and are sending the Iced Earth digipak. But that means I have to wait more. And I was so pumped. ARGH!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Hahahaha! Just download it for now. It's a fantastic album. It's not going to please those wanting an old-school Iced Earth album, but it is, in my opinion, the best they've done since at least Horror Show.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:06 pm

This album smokes! I have only gotten through V, but this is shaping up to be one of my top albums. Stu's voice is amazing and fits the IE sound perfectly.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:57 pm

I now dig "End of Innocence," too. It sounded too light at first, but as soon as I really cranked it, I loved it.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hahahaha! Just download it for now. It's a fantastic album. It's not going to please those wanting an old-school Iced Earth album, but it is, in my opinion, the best they've done since at least Horror Show.
You better be right. I just ordered it on your recommendation - if it's rubbish, I'm coming for you Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
You better be right. I just ordered it on your recommendation - if it's rubbish, I'm coming for you Razz
You'll dig it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - Dystopia
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next