Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - Dystopia

Go down 
+41
DevZor
Speedmetalfreak
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
jstate
Wayne
Doomdance
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Rex
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Lari
Joe
GrandNational
bassman
nevermore
kmorg
tohostudios
Smindas
Wurthless
exact33
tul
Wargod
Eyesore
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:30 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
I got the album and I still havent gotten around to spinning it yet.

Me too. I've had mine since before xmas. Too much other stuff to listen to that this took the backseat. I will have to change that according to the positive reviews here.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 pm

I got mine as a Christmas present. Been meaning to listen to it for a while, but I just havent really gotten to it yet.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm

DevZor wrote:
Iced Earth was one of those bands that I always heard about, but never looked into. That is until I caught Dystopia on satellite radio a while back. Instantly hooked me into this record. Dystopia absolutely slays!!! Got me into their back catalog too. Some good stuff, thus far "Burnt Offerings" is my favorite.
Be sure to check out the Iced Earth discography thread. And add your own insight on the various albums, too.

I guess I should add Dystopia there. I was kind of thinking maybe I'll do it once this thread dies off and we're more removed from the release date.

Oh, and welcome!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 pm

It is starting to become apparent to me that Dystopia is my favorite Iced Earth record. I love it from beginning to end. Which isn't the case for a lot of their other records I've been a big fan of.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:57 am

I have this new Iced Earth album and it's OK, but not in their Top 5, IMO. I love Stu Block's vocals, though.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Finally got this a few months ago (Christmas, I guess). It's awesome! It's very melodic and has jumped way to the top of my IE list. Woo!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Best IE album since Horror Show, though I still enjoyed all the ones in between.

If you haven't yet, check out Plagues of Babylon. I actually now think it's a stronger album.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:04 pm

It's been on my "list" now, as well, based on the thread about it and checking it out on youtube. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:23 am

I think Dystopia is the stronger album, but Plagues is really great.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:01 pm

I give Dystopia a slight nod at this point but both are strong.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 4:19 pm

This album has aged so well. It's a 10/10 to me. Stu Block is amazing and the band is hungry. Great songs, great vibe, great listen so very heavy metal.

Still one of the most awesome promo videos I know:

This band rules supreme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - Dystopia
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10