Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth - Dystopia

Go down 
+41
DevZor
Speedmetalfreak
ultmetal
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
jstate
Wayne
Doomdance
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
The_Jayroh
MetalFRO
Thrasher73
Rex
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Lari
Joe
GrandNational
bassman
nevermore
kmorg
tohostudios
Smindas
Wurthless
exact33
tul
Wargod
Eyesore
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I was hopin' to get this yesterday but struck out. Iced Earth's Facebook page sez it's available at Best Buy so I went to BB's site (where you can "search by store") to see if they had it in stock at the store nearest my house. Of course, it came up as NOT AVAILABLE at that particular store, though it's available at some others around the area that are a little too far out of my way.

Just to be sure I called the store nearest me, asked the music department about it and their response was "Ice Who?" So I said "Forget it, nevermind..."

BB's site lists the store near where I work as having it in stock, but I'm off from work this week on vacation and I'm sure by the time I go back on Monday, even if I make a quick lunch time trip out there, someone will have already bought the one copy they probably have. Haha.

I am sure used copies will show up pretty quickly...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I was hopin' to get this yesterday but struck out. Iced Earth's Facebook page sez it's available at Best Buy so I went to BB's site (where you can "search by store") to see if they had it in stock at the store nearest my house. Of course, it came up as NOT AVAILABLE at that particular store, though it's available at some others around the area that are a little too far out of my way.

Just to be sure I called the store nearest me, asked the music department about it and their response was "Ice Who?" So I said "Forget it, nevermind..."

BB's site lists the store near where I work as having it in stock, but I'm off from work this week on vacation and I'm sure by the time I go back on Monday, even if I make a quick lunch time trip out there, someone will have already bought the one copy they probably have. Haha.

I am sure used copies will show up pretty quickly...

Probably, but I don't even have a decent used CD source around my area anymore. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Has Jon gotten rid of (or at least toned down) all the "symphonic" elements? A little here and there to add some depth is fine, but he was getting a little too Blind Guardian / Stratovarius for my tastes. That's what drove me away from the last few albums.

He can be just as epic with guitars, bass & drums.

Yes, he has toned it down quite a bit. As a matter of fact, there are no keys or symphonic instruments mentioned anywhere in the linear notes.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Never been a fan of these guys except a song here and there. This new album is quite boring, although Stu does some killer screams.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Has Jon gotten rid of (or at least toned down) all the "symphonic" elements? A little here and there to add some depth is fine, but he was getting a little too Blind Guardian / Stratovarius for my tastes. That's what drove me away from the last few albums.

Yeah, this isn't like the last two in that regard. I would venture to say there are no symphonic elements. Maybe "Anthem" has it, if you consider big choruses to be symphonic.

This is just a straight up heavy metal album to my ears. And not boring at all. =)
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yeah, this isn't like the last two in that regard. I would venture to say there are no symphonic elements. Maybe "Anthem" has it, if you consider big choruses to be symphonic.

This is just a straight up heavy metal album to my ears. And not boring at all. =)

It actually seems more of a hard rock album. Theres a few metal tracks but a lot of it is kind of mid paced stuff. Stu is good in this but I like him more in Into Eternity.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Mid-paced metal. =)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Quote :
Stu is good in this but I like him more in Into Eternity.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason Stu joined Iced Earth was to gain more attention for Into Eternity. Not unlike what Gus G did for Firewind by joining Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason Stu joined Iced Earth was to gain more attention for Into Eternity. Not unlike what Gus G did for Firewind by joining Ozzy.

I think he joined to get more attention for Stu.

Not saying that's a bad thing necessarily. We'll see if he ever records or plays a show with Into Eternity again.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Not saying that's a bad thing necessarily. We'll see if he ever records or plays a show with Into Eternity again.

He'll probably be able to do both bands... Unless Jon pulls a Hetfield and forbids it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
He'll probably be able to do both bands... Unless Jon pulls a Hetfield and forbids it.

I don't see why he'd want/need to.

His next career move I think will be putting together some sort of "supergroup" on the side.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Well, I think he recorded this song with Into Eternity recently:

I hope he continues on with both bands, because that song rules! Iced Earth will, no doubt, occupy the bulk of his time, though.

Then again, Tim Roth does a very good job fronting that band as well. Same song, but with Tim on vocals.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yea not saying that Stu doesn't care about Into Eternity but its not his band and I wouldn't blame him if he left Into Eternity after their next album. Really depends on the touring schedual Iced Earth will have. I'm sure they will start doing more tours now that Matt is definetly not in the band any more.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Man, I really want to get this but I'm saving all my extra money for Christmas so I'll have to postpone the purchase for a couple months.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Wish my CD/LP/Shirt would arrive tomorrow or sat.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:29 am

I'm planning on getting this one. I'm still interested in getting into ICED EARTH a lot.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:50 pm

I heard the album inside a shop. The title track is the best one. Also I start to like Days of Rage somehow. The main problem for me is sound. This feels watered down. A little bit boring. Not like Something Wicked or The Glorious Burden. Difficult to describe. I think I won t get this one. At least not for 18 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:06 pm

You stayed in a music shop for an hour listening to this album, and then based your opinion on that listen? Does anything in a music shop not sound watered down? It's not like they can crank things to 11.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You stayed in a music shop for an hour listening to this album, and then based your opinion on that listen? Does anything in a music shop not sound watered down? It's not like they can crank things to 11.

Peace!
I heard it on headphone. It is the only shop left I know who offers this service. Crying or Very sad No normally things do not sound watered down there. I listend to the other Iced Earth albums there as well in the past. Maybe watered down is not the right word. It is difficult to describe.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 pm

I am going to try to get out and get this one this weekend..

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:16 pm

are the bonus tracks worth getting?

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:53 pm

exact33 wrote:
are the bonus tracks worth getting?
I like them, yeah. The strings mix of "Anthem" isn't very different, but "Iron Will" and "Soylent Green" are very good.

A cover of "Mob Rules" is an exclusive track for iTunes. Unfortunately you can't buy just that song.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:34 am

Pffft! The LP of this comes with a code to download this cover.

Lame. Hopefully this and the "Mob Rules" cover leak soon. Yeah, I'm not spending another $20 or $30 for two songs.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:41 am

THe Upper Crust - Back in Black
The Angels - Problem Child

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:42 am

exact33 wrote:
THe Upper Crust - Back in Black
The Angels - Problem Child
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth - Dystopia   Iced Earth - Dystopia - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth - Dystopia
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next