Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Iron Maiden album?

Go down 
+22
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Devin's Child
Jan It Or
Hadley
Witchfinder
James B.
Thrasher73
exact33
nevermore
mikeinfla
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Lari
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17153

New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 10:53 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I hope we get, at least, a couple of decent fast Maiden songs. God, i miss those.

One song appears to clock in at 4 minutes and another at about 5. Those are probably the best shots.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 11:00 pm

Any chance Steve Harris would like this?  Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 am

Regarding that cover art... If I was a woke-tard, I'd be offended by the cultural appropriation of binary geriatric British millionaires that are white & hetrosexual.

Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Look at the timing on those songs. We are probably getting another Book Of Souls.

Man, was that really necessary. Book Of Souls is a chore to get through. This looks like it will be the same, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 10:51 pm

007 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Look at the timing on those songs. We are probably getting another Book Of Souls.

Man, was that really necessary. Book Of Souls is a chore to get through. This looks like it will be the same, unfortunately.

Entertainment shouldn’t be a chore…
I don’t want to listen to an album like it’s a book report homework assignment.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 am

I like long albums. There's more music. What's there not to like?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 2:10 am

More music is good… but I’d rather have several 4 minute songs than a handful of 10 minute songs.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 12:08 pm

I'd rather a 10 minute song that's good than two 5 minute songs that aren't.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 1:27 pm

I’d rather have several 4 minute songs about different topics and are completely different musically than two 10-12 minute songs hogging up space and plodding onward like the recording engineer fell asleep at the console and forgot to hit the stop button.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 1:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I’d rather have several 4 minute songs about different topics and are completely different musically than two 10-12 minute songs hogging up space and plodding onward like the recording engineer fell asleep at the console and forgot to hit the stop button.

Totally agree cheers.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 3:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I think you need to work on your attention span.

A good chunk of the best songs ever are long. Maiden does tend to write songs that all try to be the "best song you ever heard", but then you just need to pace yourself. It's like how you can't have six dinners one night. Pick one. Do the other the next day.

I think Arjen Anthony Lucassen said to not try listen to his albums in one go.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 4:49 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I think you need to work on your attention span.

A good chunk of the best songs ever are long. Maiden does tend to write songs that all try to be the "best song you ever heard", but then you just need to pace yourself. It's like how you can't have six dinners one night. Pick one. Do the other the next day.

I think Arjen Anthony Lucassen said to not try listen to his albums in one go.

LOL! There’s nothing wrong with my attention span, I just find their lengthy songs monotonous. I like the more straightforward and faster tempo arrangements. The occasional “epic” song is fine, but not 75% of the album.

Your comment is a bit arrogant to tell someone else to be like you and enjoy the music “like you”… I don’t need to conform to anyone else’s taste.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 4:56 pm

How about an album with one 52 minute song? How’s that attention span?   Laughing

Yeah… I’m exaggerating, but it serves my point about monotony.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 6:24 pm

One song ,52 minutes? Not a coincidence by a band called Sleep.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 7:41 pm

I wouldn't mind a well done epic song (or two) on an album, but not more.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 10:37 am

Judging by the cover, this will be Iron Maiden's Night of the Blade.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 11:25 am

Troublezone wrote:
How about an album with one 52 minute song? How’s that attention span?   Laughing

Yeah… I’m exaggerating, but it serves my point about monotony.

Green Carnation did this too with Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness. But it sure didn't plod along like that Sleep album. lol!

As far as Maiden, goes I think I'm going to need to hear more of it before I take the plunge and buy it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 11:35 am

Maiden are becoming like Dream Theater... Long, interminable songs...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 12:10 pm

Gilbert wrote:

That's what I would like too but its not what we're getting. I'll still pick it up. New Maiden is always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 12:24 pm

Just think if Maiden put out music like this in 81. We'd a never gotten "No Sleep Till Hammersmith" cause Lemmy would have went to sleep listening to this stuff.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 8:38 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 2:53 pm

Sleepy Maiden
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:

It worked well on Powerslave.

Gilbert wrote:

Bruce says he thinks it's better than Book Of Souls. I certainly hope so.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Sleepy Maiden

Honestly, i don't have a very good feeling about the new album. I hope i am wrong.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 5:16 pm

I always give Maiden a chance every time they release a new album. But Book of Souls put me to sleep. Might as well play it in elevators and the dentist office.

I’m exaggerating a bit, but you get the point. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Iron Maiden album?
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next