Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Iron Maiden album?

Go down 
+9
corplhicks
nevermore
mikeinfla
Boris2008
Troublezone
glassprison
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

New Iron Maiden album?  Empty
PostSubject: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 8:57 am

Just read this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rockandrollgarage.com/iron-maiden-to-announce-new-album-in-the-coming-weeks/amp/

Can anyone confirm this?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 9:36 am

Nah. That B.S. has been circulating on social media for a couple of weeks.

Maiden's touring this summer.  If they had a new album ready to go, they would've announced it before tickets went on sale.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 9:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Nah. That B.S. has been circulating on social media for a couple of weeks.  

Maiden's touring this summer.  If they had a new album ready to go, they would've announced it before tickets went on sale.

I had this feeling...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 1:51 pm

That said, I'd say there's about a 99% chance a new live album will be released from the Legacy of the Beast tour soon enough.

In case you don't already have enough live versions of "Fear of the Dark" in your collection...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 9:28 pm

I’d love for Maiden to ditch the bloated prog and return to their old sound. Even something like Brave New World would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I’d love for Maiden to ditch the bloated prog and return to their old sound. Even something like Brave New World would be welcome.

Man i wish they would release a couple of those fast songs like Be quick or be dead. I don't think they ever will though...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 10:45 pm

glassprison wrote:
That said, I'd say there's about a 99% chance a new live album will be released from the Legacy of the Beast tour soon enough.

In case you don't already have enough live versions of "Fear of the Dark" in your collection...

I have more than I need. I have none.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 6:46 am

Troublezone wrote:
Agreed, I really enjoyed it at first but now it is time for them to go back to doing what they do best. Give us something in that classic style.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 7:03 am

On a somewhat related note, I revisited The Book Of Souls last week for the first time in a while. I've had it since its release date, but it's never really "clicked" with me. So I gave it a spin, wondering if anything would jump out at me this time...aaaaand nope, that album is still dull as dish water. It's been four years, I think it''s safe to say "I give up."
Back to the loch with ye, Nessie!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 9:28 am

Yeah Iron Maiden has been coasting on autopilot for some time. Nothing terrible but also nothing that great. That said, if and when they release an new album, I'll pick it up.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 11:21 am

I would like a new Maiden album. It would be nice if they'd do something along their classic side again.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 2:01 pm

They lost me with Final Frontier. Think I only played that once twice. Did not get BoS.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 2:03 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
They lost me with Final Frontier. Think I only played that once twice. Did not get BoS.

I think BoS is a good album. Not your classical maiden offering, but it has its moments.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 5:11 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

Dance of Death was the last decent one imo. It actually had some heavy moments.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
On a somewhat related note, I revisited The Book Of Souls last week for the first time in a while. I've had it since its release date, but it's never really "clicked" with me. So I gave it a spin, wondering if anything would jump out at me this time...aaaaand nope, that album is still dull as dish water. It's been four years, I think it''s safe to say "I give up."
Back to the loch with ye, Nessie!

I still dig it once in a while, but it really is too fucking long. If they could've cut out several of the epic tunes and kept the runtime at 45m or less, hell yeah! I usually end up skipping most of the later tracks or turning it off all together out of fatigue (especially with that rancid-ass mix).

They need to try doing an album in the spirit of the Dianno period.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:51 pm

corplhicks wrote:

I still dig it once in a while, but it really is too fucking long.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever made it thru the whole album in one sitting. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I still dig it once in a while, but it really is too fucking long.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever made it thru the whole album in one sitting. Very Happy

I can't blame you; I usually have to split it into two separate listening events (and I HATE having to do that).
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Yeah, Book Of Souls is a lot better than DoD , Final Frontier, and ESPECIALLY A Matter of Life and Death (probably their most boring album IMO), and there are some excellent songs like Speed of Light, If Eternity Should Fall, The Red and the Black, and Death and Glory. However, Empire of the Clouds doesnt really hold up to repeat listenings, liked it the first time around, but upon a second listen it didnt do much for me, aside from me cracking up at the "The Titanic fits inside".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Two of these “epic” songs could fill a EP.

It’s getting ridiculous and too bloated!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 9:54 pm

I guess one of the few that enjoy their more progressive influenced albums, maybe because I played those classic Iron Maiden albums to death as a kid.

I love 'Book of Souls' but it is a looooooong freaking album, even for me, but still love it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 10:00 pm

I think AMOLAD is a top three Maiden album. Meh, opinions.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:25 am

Can you guys imagine what a new 42-minute release in the vein of Killers would sound like?

I feel like some of these veteran acts don't revisit their origins these days because it may not be commercially viable or something.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 3:23 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Can you guys imagine what a new 42-minute release in the vein of Killers would sound like?

I feel like some of these veteran acts don't revisit their origins these days because it may not be commercially viable or something.

That would be awesome but that energy is long gone (probably with Clive tbh)
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think AMOLAD is a top three Maiden album. Meh, opinions.
It's chock full of 5 star songs. EASILY top 3. Maybe their best.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Can't unseat S.I.T. and Numbers for 1 and 2 in my world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Iron Maiden album?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next