Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Iron Maiden album?

Go down 
+22
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Devin's Child
Jan It Or
Hadley
Witchfinder
James B.
Thrasher73
exact33
nevermore
mikeinfla
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Lari
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 11:44 am

Damn. Dude's been performing from a wheelchair? He must be in rough shape. I hope his last show is a banger.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 3:27 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Damn. Dude's been performing from a wheelchair? He must be in rough shape. I hope his last show is a banger.

He's had quite a few health problems over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 6:43 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
So Paul is planning his last show. Would be nice for him to do a Bruce-era song or two.

Former Iron Maiden frontman Paul Di'Anno has announced what is being billed as his very last live performance and has formed a new band with other former members of the band.
The new group is called Ides Of March and features Di'Anno along with four other Iron Maiden alumni (Terry Wapram - Guitar, Terry Rance - Guitar, Doug Sampson - Drums), along with bassist Speed Harris from Hi-On Maiden
Ides Of March will be headlining the Beermageddon festival in Bromsgrove, England on Sunday, August 30th. The show will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Iron Maiden's self-titled debut album.
Di'Anno has been struggling with health issues and doctors have advised him to retire from touring. He had this to say, "It's been a tough four years waiting to play again.
"I hope to be standing for this show and I'm really looking forward to it. Standing up would be great. If not, Hell on wheels coming to ya!"
Wapram added, "Really looking forward to working with these guys. Our paths have crossed many times but we never played together. Should be a killer lineup and a very special night."
That's sad, I was always hoping he would make a trip through my neck of the woods once. Hopefully he has a great final show and has a good retirement.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 4:33 pm

I have always kind of felt bad for him. I know he had his demons and that's what cost him the gig, but if maiden hadn't reached the lofty heights of stardom that they did, then I think he would have handled it better and had a more successful career in his own right. Just my sorta drunken musings.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 5:13 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I know he had his demons and that's what cost him the gig

I thought maiden just felt like his style didn't fit with them and they got rid of him for it. Are you saying they got rid of him for his drinking?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 6:48 pm

The first 2 Maiden albums definitely have a punk vibe to them that is gone on Beast and Piece, so you are probably correct. For some reason I always thought it was his attitude fueled by booze that got him ousted but I am probably wrong on that.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6305

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 12:36 am

His drinking and lifestyle certainly played a large part of his departure. Steve Harris couldn't trust him to perform live, and knowing they were going to do larger and larger tours, it would have been a disaster. 

I think Steve even had to sing himself one show on the Killers tour.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 12:38 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 7:26 am

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-iron-maidens-bruce-dickinson-sing-a-cappella-version-of-flight-of-icarus-in-barcelona/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 5:24 am

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-new-album-writing-on-the-wall/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 3:35 pm

So, I just got invited to a party headbanger headbanger:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 2:13 am

Will the album be called Belshazzar's Feast
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 2:21 am

Exciting news!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 6:12 am

cool! It was neat working through all the hints they have posted online

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 9:07 am

Another teaser apparently:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 9:59 am

I don't have the patience for this find-the-clues easter egg hunt bullshit... Just tell us when the damn album comes out already. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 10:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't have the patience for this find-the-clues easter egg hunt bullshit... Just tell us when the damn album comes out already. Very Happy

Exactly Razz.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 9:11 am

Just came back from the invitation. Interesting:

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 9:48 am

Heard it when it premiered a while ago. At least it’s shorter, but didn’t really blow my socks off. I’ll have to hear more songs before I buy it. Maiden is just boring me these days, and I used to really love them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 10:27 am

(shrug)

Meh. It's OK I guess.

...which has pretty much been my reaction to everything they've done post-Dance of Death.

I'll have to give it a few more listens.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

metalinmyveins likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 10:28 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Heard it when it premiered a while ago. At least it’s shorter, but didn’t really blow my socks off. I’ll have to hear more songs before I buy it. Maiden is just boring me these days, and I used to really love them.

Maiden are one of the remaining few bands whom i still have a blind loyalty for. I will surely buy the new album.

That said, the new song is average so far, and will require repeated listens. Of course, we also need to hear more songs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 10:37 am

The animation reminds me of the Heavy Metal movie.

It’s weird at the end that the two rescued people ate the apple like Adam and Eve. Isn’t that how everything got to be the way it is? I wonder if Bruce will explain the message of the story later? Very strange.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 10:41 am

The music is almost like Jon Bon Jovi’s “Blaze of Glory” folk rock style.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 5:31 pm

The song is ok. I need to listen to it more.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 5:50 pm

Not too bad I guess. Sounds pretty much like their more recent outputs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Iron Maiden album?
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next