Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Iron Maiden album?

Go down 
+22
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Devin's Child
Jan It Or
Hadley
Witchfinder
James B.
Thrasher73
exact33
nevermore
mikeinfla
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Lari
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 10:14 am

My son is bugging me to go to Spirit Halloween this afternoon. Theres a Walmart in the same plaza so I will prob stop in while we're there to see if they've got the Maiden.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 12:28 pm

exact33 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
It seems when a band gets to a certain level of success like Metallica and Maiden, they almost deliberately piss off half of their fans. They’re too self-absorbed to give a shit anymore.

Only AC/DC and Motörhead cared about giving the fans what they want and expect. Gotta give props to Overkill, Testament and Exodus too!

I get it but I also think playing the same songs for 20+ years and writing new songs that are similar gets boring and the need to explore kicks in.

Brave New World came out over twenty years ago, and Maiden have been putting out the same crap ever since. I agree, they should do some exploring and change it up a bit. lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 3:50 pm

Harris somehow became the thing all the young musicians of Britain in the mid/late 70's despixed, and that is a pretentious progressive rocker.

I bought the debut in 80', seen them for the 1rst time in summer of 81', and
"Somewhere In Time" was the last Maiden album purchased new at release & the last four attended. A great fun for me and for them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 5:34 pm

I bought the album this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 5:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My son is bugging me to go to Spirit Halloween this afternoon. Theres a Walmart in the same plaza so I will prob stop in while we're there to see if they've got the Maiden.

Well, that was a complete waste of time (as I suspected it would be)... No Maiden CDs at Walmart, nor at Target, which I also stopped at because we passed it on the way home. Oh well, it was worth a shot (shrug).

I did see these totally cool Eddie masks at the Halloween store, though. The "Piece of Mind" one has been there in the past, but the "Matter of Life and Death" version was new to me. For $69.99 apiece, though, they went back on the shelf after I took this pic. Very Happy

New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 20210910

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I bought the album this weekend.

I picked it up today. Haven't had a chance to spin it yet.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 6:47 pm

I am expecting my copy to arrive within the next 10 to 12 days hopefully.

In the meantime, i am still resisting the temptation to listen to the entire album online.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17153

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 7:18 pm

I think it will be remastered within a couple years from now. If I get it, I’ll get that one. I already have the remasters of Brave New World and Dance of Death.

Maybe Kevin Shirley does it shitty on purpose so they have an excuse to reissue it later with better sound and bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 7:16 am

I played the first disc this weekend. Maybe half a dozen times altogether. Song by song. Went through half a dozen Trooper beers while at it.

I don't have an opinion yet. 

I'm saving the second disc for another listening session when I can properly focus like that.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 8:19 am

Lari wrote:
I played the first disc this weekend. Maybe half a dozen times altogether. Song by song. Went through half a dozen Trooper beers while at it.

I'm saving the second disc for another listening session when I can properly focus like that.

That is an interesting approach.
For me, if it don't click of grab me on first/second listen, it probably never will.

Hope you enjoy it cheers

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 9:18 am

I wouldn't have played it six times if I didn't like it. But my point was that I'm not "rating" it or comparing it to older albums. I'm just enjoying the music. 

I'm still not sure how well Book of Souls holds up. It was a behemoth of an album, with ups and downs. I really like the good tracks, and I like to think in time it's going to be a classic.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 2:52 pm

James B. wrote:
Lari wrote:

For me, if it don't click of grab me on first/second listen, it probably never will.

Hope you enjoy it cheers

A lot of enthusiastic fans try to force themselves to like something. It happens all the time.

Even if Maiden recorded Bruce dropping a deuce, some diehard fans will find a reason to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
James B. wrote:
Lari wrote:

Hope you enjoy it cheers

A lot of enthusiastic fans try to force themselves to like something. It happens all the time.

Even if Maiden recorded Bruce dropping a deuce, some diehard fans will find a reason to enjoy it.

Very true. And no I'm not lumping Lari in that category. But I do find it hilarious that that's the attitude a lot of Maiden fans seem to have. They also love giving the same old excuses if someone voices an unpopular opinion about a new song or album. The two I get the most whenever I say something negative on YouTube is, I'd like to see you do better when you're that old, and how many arenas have you sold out in your life. Like its okay to not like a song or album and still be a fan. Maybe if more fans were honest and voiced how boring Maiden have become, the band might take notice and change it up. But when the majority of the people posting sit there and yes man the shit songs saying how great it is because they don't want to ruffle any feathers with other fanatical fans, maiden will never change.

Bottom line is, Maiden is a great band, one of the all time best there ever has been, but damn they have grown stale. I've even tried to come at the angle of pretending it's not them, and just a new band I've recently discovered. Still bores me to tears.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 6:01 am

Maiden has been average to bad for decades. Bruce's last three solo albums are all much better than anything Maiden has done since the 80s.

Listen, I love Maiden and I've spent tons of cash on them over the decades but I don't find what they've been doing for for the past 30 years to be very good. I think they are held aloft because they have an all time great merchandising operation and they leverage that to cover up their bad songwriting. Maiden shows are fun to go to with lots of sing along moments but their albums are a tough slog.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 6:28 am

I’m one of the few that likes No Prayer for the Dying. Part of the reason is nostalgia because it was my first Maiden album.

I had only started listening to hard rock and metal in 1988… so 1990 was the year I was fully a metal fan. I think Tailgunner and Holy Smoke are great songs. I know Bruce had a lot to do with the musical direction because it sounds very similar to his Tattooed Millionaire solo album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 7:41 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Maiden has been average to bad for decades. 

I think they aced it with A Matter of Life and Death. Better than anything they released in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 9:01 am

After the first listen I can't say I hate it. I need to listen to it more.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 9:32 am

Lari wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I think they aced it with A Matter of Life and Death. Better than anything they released in the 80's.

I need to revisit this one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 10:34 am

I think they've been average to good since Brave New World. But nothing will ever touch anything they did up to Seventh Son Of A Seventh son.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Lari wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

You’re in the minority. There’s a reason Maiden mostly plays the hits from their 80s albums. If the fans liked that album like you do, they would play more songs from it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 4:54 pm

My usual “go to” albums from Maiden are Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 4:59 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I need to revisit this one.

I do too. I remember thinking it was a bit too progressive when I first heard it. I think that was the beginning of their current style of songwriting.

The little poster that came with it was cool though… Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 7:37 pm

Matter Of Life And Death was the first Maiden album I didn't love at first listen. I like it quite a lot now and can say it's the last Maiden album I can listen all the way through without getting bored.

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 8:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Matter Of Life And Death was the first Maiden album I didn't love at first listen. I like it quite a lot now and can say it's the last Maiden album I can listen all the way through without getting bored.

I am gonna spin it in the car today.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 pm

I ALWAYS give anything I buy several listens and a good chance to sink in. I don't buy stuff I think I won't like. I'm not a critic. I'm a consumer, so I just enjoy the music the best I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Iron Maiden album?
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next