Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Next Iron Maiden album

Go down 
+16
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
mez
INVADERS
Glenn Rogers
Lurideath
Thrasher73
XYZ
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
sam
thejokeriv
Smindas
manny
Temple of Blood
AngelRipper16
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

The Next Iron Maiden album Empty
PostSubject: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:29 pm

When I attended the concert in Trondheim this year, Bruce shouted to the crowd that they were coming back with a new album next year (or 2010?). So... what do you want it to sound like or what do hope it's like? Shorter songs, faster ones or would you simply like them to continue adding the progressive elements to their music?
I must say that I enjoyed "A Matter Of Life And Death" VERY much. The arrangements, the tempo-changes and the whole package was jaw-dropping. Still, it would be cool if they sat down and wrote another up-beat gallop like "The Trooper" or "Aces High".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:54 pm

I don't have high hopes.

They seem to think they are too brilliant and "progressive" to write short fun songs anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:08 pm

Or maybe they're just writing what they want and don't think themsleves "brilliant" at all...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Quote :
They seem to think they are too brilliant and "progressive" to write short fun songs anymore.

They would be correct, they are brilliant
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Or maybe they're just writing what they want and don't think themsleves "brilliant" at all...

That's also certainly a possibility. Or all the praise has gone to their head. Recent interviews post-reunion with Bruce make me think the latter.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:54 pm

I really don't get the impression that Maiden suffer from illusions of grandeur. I think they're just making the most of the creative freedoms they have and first and foremost just want to enjoy themselves. I remember reading a lot of interviews for A Matter of Life & Death and remember the band extolling the virtues of enjoying playing and writing the music on the album. And indeed, it shows in the final work; it's quite a good album. Not their best, but an enjoyable listen.

I personally really hope they go back to a Dance of Death style - it seemed to have just the right mix of rocking songs and progressive tendencies. I really think that album is a bit underrated, it's one of my favourites.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:55 pm

I just happen to think they are putting out brilliant music that they like. A Matter Of Life And Death is current my 2nd favorite Iron Maiden album, right behind Piece Of Mind.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:00 pm

I would like them to keep the progressive elements but also mix it up with some shorter stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:09 pm

My understanding is that the lion's share of the songwriting on their latest album was done by Adrian, which I think is a big mistake. Harris is the stronger songwriter I think, and to me he is the one that really makes them sound like IRON MAIDEN.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
My understanding is that the lion's share of the songwriting on their latest album was done by Adrian, which I think is a big mistake. Harris is the stronger songwriter I think, and to me he is the one that really makes them sound like IRON MAIDEN.

that's because the Iron maiden "sound" is Harris' sound Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:12 pm

sam wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

What if Adrian writes 90+% of their songs? Is that still MAIDEN? That's the point I'm making.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Why is it that some people always try to turn a band's new sound in to something negative? Can it not just be because they want to write this type of Heavy Metal music? Because they like it? Why do you always think it has to be because of either money, popularity, or "praise gone to their heads"? Why do you always think it is because the media and the reviewers have "manipulated" them in some way? It was the same thing with Metallica. These people come up with all sorts of negative theories of why it is they have chosen the direction they have. Some people always think something negative towards things like this, when in reality they have no fu##ing idea og what the freaking reason is. Sit down, shut up, LISTEN to the music on the one album, and pull the freaking stick out of your ass. You will either enjoy the music, or you wont. Leave it at that.

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
sam wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

What if Adrian writes 90+% of their songs? Is that still MAIDEN? That's the point I'm making.

That is one of the stupidest comment I have ever read.
Of course it is Maiden. Last time I checked, Adrian was a member of this band. Stop with all your "what if's" - What, a member of the band can't co-write an album, without you attacking it, claiming it isn't Maiden? Stupid

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:17 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing them pull it back a little bit and do shorter, more up-beat tunes. They do the progressive stuff well, but let's see 'em switch it up a little. Either way, I'd be happy to hear a new Maiden album, whichever direction they take it.

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:19 pm

I may be in the minority on this but I think Brave New World is probably their best album. It has both the faster songs and the slower, for lack of a better word, "progressive" songs.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
sam wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

its just not the maiden your used too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Hmm, looks like Adrian co-wrote about half the album and Harris co-wrote most of it. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:22 pm

I'd like to see more balance. Sure, I dig their 10 minute epics, but I would like to see some more 4-5 minute, "balls to the wall" rockers.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:23 pm

I like pretty much everything they've done.I think they pull off either very well.Theres No doubting that Harris is a great songwriter.In my opinion they should write what they enjoy.I'll buy it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:24 pm

I would like faster heavier songs from them a lot more than what they have been doing. Slow intro's that they have been doing tend to bore me immensely. I am a huge fan but damn...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Quote :
I think they're just making the most of the creative freedoms they have and first and foremost just want to enjoy themselves.

Me too...

And Harris is the one who's the big Prog/Jethro Tull fan...he's the one that gives them thier Prog tendencies...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 pm

On AMOLAD, Harris get co-writing credit for all songs (like he does on all new albums), the songs were written by:

Adrian/Steve: 1
Adrian/Bruce/Steve: 4
Janick/Steve: 2
Dave/Steve: 1
Bruce/Steve: 1
Steve: 1

Adrian wrote about 1/2 the album, Steve hand his hands in all of it (since he gets co-writing credit for everything now). Yes, the album only had 1 totally Steve song (for the greater good of God, which is a GREAT song), but no need for hate for Adrian. In fact, in my opinion, Maiden in the 90's was missing Adrian's songwriting. and of course, for 2 albums, missing Bruce. but missing Bruce and Adrian's influence = what people consider Maiden's worst efforts. Heck, Bruce and Adrian add BIG TIME to the Blaze songs on Rock In Rio.

I can't wait for the next Maiden album, which will probably be in early 2010.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
And Harris is the one who's the big Prog/Jethro Tull fan...he's the one that gives them thier Prog tendencies...

Not to mention YES and RUSH. I tend to think of Adrian as a "rock" guy and never cared for his songwriting as much. And there were a lot of long tracks on non-Adrian albums like "X-Factor" for example.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
and of course, for 2 albums, missing Bruce. but missing Bruce and Adrian's influence = what people consider Maiden's worst efforts.

Not me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Not to mention YES and RUSH. I tend to think of Adrian as a "rock" guy and never cared for his songwriting as much. And there were a lot of long tracks on non-Adrian albums like "X-Factor" for example.

Yeah...Harris is the one who gives them that Prog stamp they've found...Adrian writes riffs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Iron Maiden album   The Next Iron Maiden album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Next Iron Maiden album
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next