Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....

Go down 
+23
DallasBlack
exact33
caniplaywithmadness?
MoonChild
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
KissinMaiden
journeyman
mc666
AchrisK
ultmetal
iamrockerfun
Invader
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
kmorg
spiritoradio
TH Joe
Lurideath
INVADERS
mr.electric39
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Had to think about this for a while.... I would have to say Brave New World.

Most of their other discs have gotten their due. Surely the 80's material I'm just not so sure this one did. It was given lots of re-union hype sure, but the material was very good. I loved 'The Nomad', "Brave New World", "The Wicker Man", "Out of the silent Planet" all great tunes....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 8:00 pm

i don't think Brave New World is under-rated....

i think tha The X Factor is Maiden's most under-rated album....
far enough, it didn't have Bruce dickinson on it and the tracks were very doom-and-gloomish, but i think it just represented another side of Maiden, at the time, that people weren't used to....

it's a maiden classic in my eyes, and one, if not my favorite maiden album

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 8:20 pm

I would say Virtual XI, it falls into that "Bruce doesn't sing on this one section" but I personally think it's a fine album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 11:21 pm

7th Son
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 11:28 pm

I'd have to say "7th Son of a 7th Son" as well.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:11 am

At first I would've thought 7th but as I've been other boards and such I continually hear glowing praise for it. I remember when it came out, I personally didn't like it at the time. "Too commercial,soft, synths".... you know what I mean?

I wanted agression rawness and speed i.e. Metallica, SOD, Anthrax, Exodus, Megadeth so on and so forth.

I think it's great now I can hear it for what the disc that it is. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:53 am

Yeah. 7th Son all the way.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:56 am

I think No Prayer For the Dying and Fear of the Dark. Great discs, not many people talk about them though when referring to Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 4:21 am

7th Son isn't underrated. Every second Maiden fan out there have it as their favorite!

I agree with spiritradio!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 6:55 am

No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark. Although both are not quite up to par to their other releases,thy're still both enjoyable listens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 7:04 am

kmorg wrote:
7th Son isn't underrated. Every second Maiden fan out there have it as their favorite!

Has this been polled?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:28 pm

Somewhere in Time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:12 pm

Fear Of The Dark!!🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:31 pm

I'll cast another vote for "Fear of the Dark." I didn't care much for "No Prayer" when it came out and actually didn't bother to pick up "Fear" for quite a few years because I'd read a bunch of reviews saying it was similar to "No Prayer." But having that hole in the middle of my Maiden collection kept bugging me so I finally bought a used copy and was actually a little surprised at how much I liked it.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:47 pm

kmorg wrote:

Thanks Kmorg Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:48 pm

The X Factor
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 3:58 pm

thinking ... but no commercials on 1990 album called NPftD. i think. could be SiT too.
no Bruce era ? X Fucktor
time will show us, maybe after decade MoLaD or DoD.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 4:00 pm

INVADERS wrote:
i don't think Brave New World is under-rated....

i think tha The X Factor is Maiden's most under-rated album....
far enough, it didn't have Bruce dickinson on it and the tracks were very doom-and-gloomish, but i think it just represented another side of Maiden, at the time, that people weren't used to....

it's a maiden classic in my eyes, and one, if not my favorite maiden album

:metal:

I can agree with this. I HATED X-Factor at first, but once I was able to disconnect it from the band's classic catalog, I discovered a gem. It's a much darker Iron Maiden for sure. Not every song is a winner, but there is some great material on it.

ult
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 5:05 pm

The X Factor. One of my favorite Maiden discs, despite what anyone else says.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 7:21 pm

I am of the opinion that the first two Maiden albums, with Paul DiAnno, are the most underrated. They may not have been when they came out, but they are ignored and dismissed by so many newer Maiden fans, and yet IMO they are the best two albums they released. So that's what I say.

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 8:26 pm

AchrisK wrote:
I am of the opinion that the first two Maiden albums, with Paul DiAnno, are the most underrated. They may not have been when they came out, but they are ignored and dismissed by so many newer Maiden fans, and yet IMO they are the best two albums they released. So that's what I say.

ack
i definetly agree with you. Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... 604261

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 10:21 pm

AchrisK wrote:
I am of the opinion that the first two Maiden albums,
with Paul DiAnno, are the most underrated. They may not have been when
they came out, but they are ignored and dismissed by so many newer
Maiden fans, and yet IMO they are the best two albums they released. So
that's what I say.

ack

I agree. The first two are among my favorites as well. I guess I just never thought of them as 'underrated'.

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 10:28 pm

The X Factor hands down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
AchrisK wrote:
I am of the opinion that the first two Maiden albums,
with Paul DiAnno, are the most underrated. They may not have been when
they came out, but they are ignored and dismissed by so many newer
Maiden fans, and yet IMO they are the best two albums they released. So
that's what I say.

ack

I agree. The first two are among my favorites as well. I guess I just never thought of them as 'underrated'.

Count me in

They are my 2 fave followed by Piece Of Mind
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:07 am

The X factor. A different sound, a different feel, and Bruce didn't sing on it. Also, what about that cover? I really had to give it some time before I could listen to it, and I am glad I did. A very under rated disc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....   Iron Maiden Most underated Album..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden Most underated Album.....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next