Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Iron Maiden album?

Go down 
+22
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Devin's Child
Jan It Or
Hadley
Witchfinder
James B.
Thrasher73
exact33
nevermore
mikeinfla
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Lari
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 9:53 pm

Pretty lackluster song.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 10:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Heard it when it premiered a while ago. At least it’s shorter, but didn’t really blow my socks off. I’ll have to hear more songs before I buy it. Maiden is just boring me these days, and I used to really love them.

Maiden are one of the remaining few bands whom i still have a blind loyalty for. I will surely buy the new album.

That said, the new song is average so far, and will require repeated listens. Of course, we also need to hear more songs.
Iron Maiden used to be a blind purchase band for me as well, but after their last couple, I'm just not that I not them anymore. I'll most likely buy it, but I'm not pre-ordering it, and won't buy it till I hear at least half of it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 10:45 pm

It’s not a terrible song… just underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 10:51 pm

The graphic above reminds me of "Bat Out of Hell".

Maiden is no longer of interest to me musically. The S/T through "Somewhere in Time" work for me. It is cool they are still around recording new music, touring, and giving enjoyment to folks. Can't knock anyone being "productive"

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2021 11:56 pm

I just want a short straight forward heavy metal song, goddammit.

Enough of those long, interminable progressive epic tracks.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 12:04 am

Maiden is no longer a metal band. They haven’t been for quite some time…

Like James said, it’s cool they are still around…
Maybe they might occasionally release a good song.

Steve Harris and Bruce Dickinson are the captains of the Maiden ship and they have been steering the band away from the fun and energetic original style to a somewhat dull and drawn-out prog and folk direction. The long story lines and slower tempo isn’t exciting for us old school fans. At least mix it up! A few “epic” prog sleepers, and the rest should be straight forward 3-4 minute rockers.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 12:12 am

Don't care for Eddie either. The teeth are stupid looking. And I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics, so not sure what it's about, but what's up with the backwards American flag? I know how much shit Bruce likes to talk about the U.S., I hope this album isn't an hour long ameribash shitshow. Just found the end irritating. Adam and eve riding off in a presidential car with nukes going off in the background. Makes me even more hesitant to buy it after a second viewing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 12:20 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Don't care for Eddie either. The teeth are stupid looking. And I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics, so not sure what it's about, but what's up with the backwards American flag? I know how much shit Bruce likes to talk about the U.S., I hope this album isn't an hour long ameribash shitshow. Just found the end irritating. Adam and eve riding off in a presidential car with nukes going off in the background. Makes me even more hesitant to buy it after a second viewing.

I’m not aware of Bruce’s shit talk about America… but I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s always been outspoken about different things. But I noticed the cartoon also shows some English characters and China towing a big nuke with a grinning tyrant guy on top. So there seems to be a lot of visual symbolism. I’d love to hear him comment on this cartoon at his next spoken word event.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 12:31 am

Why can’t Maiden blow us away one last time before they retire!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 10:44 am

Troublezone wrote:
The animation reminds me of the Heavy Metal movie.

I thought the same thing. I liked the video better than the song Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Why can’t Maiden blow us away one last time before they retire!

Honestly, i doubt they can.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 5:00 pm

Pretty boring.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 5:37 pm

I like it! Great, encaptivating video too. Proper pro animation, none of that clunky hurried 3D CGI.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 9:52 am

Lari wrote:
I like it! Great, encaptivating video too. Proper pro animation, none of that clunky hurried 3D CGI.

I enjoyed the song as well. It was different but I liked the melody a lot. Bruce sounds good.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 9:45 am

New album will be called 'Senjutsu" (?) and will be out Sept 3rd.

New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Ironmaidensenjutsu

Quote :
BMG will release IRON MAIDEN's 17th studio album, "Senjutsu", the band's first in six years, on September 3. It was recorded in Paris with longstanding producer Kevin Shirley and co-produced by Steve Harris. It was preceded on Thursday, July 15 by an already highly acclaimed animated video for the first single "The Writing On The Wall" made by BlinkInk based on a concept by singer Bruce Dickinson with two former Pixar executives. It followed a month-long teaser campaign and global "treasure hunt" for clues about the track title and concept.
For "Senjutsu" — loosely translated as "tactics and strategy" — the band once again enlisted the services of Mark Wilkinson to create the spectacular Samurai themed cover artwork, based on an idea by bassist Steve Harris. With a running time of a little under 82 minutes, "Senjutsu", like their previous record "The Book Of Souls", will be a double CD/Triple vinyl album.
Steve says: "We chose to record at Guillaume Tell Studio in France again as the place has such a relaxed vibe. The setup there is perfect for our needs; the building used to be a cinema and has a really high ceiling so there's a great acoustic sound. We recorded this album in the same way we did 'The Book Of Souls' in that we'd write a song, rehearse it and then put it down together straight away while it was all fresh in our minds. There's some very complex songs on this album which took a lot of hard work to get them exactly as we wanted them to sound, so the process was at times very challenging, but Kevin is great at capturing the essence of the band and I think it was worth the effort! I'm very proud of the result and can't wait for fans to hear it."
Dickinson adds: "We're all really excited about this album. We recorded it back in early 2019 during a break in the 'Legacy' tour so we could maximize our touring yet still have a long set up period before release to prepare great album art and something special as a video. Of course, the pandemic delayed things more — so much for the best-laid plans — or should that be 'strategies'!? The songs are very varied, and some of them are quite long. There's also one or two songs which sound pretty different to our usual style, and I think MAIDEN fans will be surprised — in a good way, I hope!"
The full track listing is:
01. Senjutsu (8:20) (Smith/Harris)
02. Stratego (4:59) (Gers/Harris)
03. The Writing On The Wall (6:13) (Smith/Dickinson)
04. Lost In A Lost World (9:31) (Harris)

05. Days Of Future Past (4:03) (Smith/Dickinson)
06. The Time Machine (7:09) (Gers/Harris)
07. Darkest Hour (7:20) (Smith/Dickinson)
08. Death Of The Celts (10:20) (Harris)
09. The Parchment (12:39) (Harris)
10. Hell On Earth (11:19) (Harris)

"Senjutsu" will be released on the following formats and available to pre-order/pre-save from Wednesday, July 21 at www.ironmaiden.com:
* Standard 2CD Digipak
* Deluxe 2CD Book Format
* Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
* Special Edition Triple Silver And Black Marble Vinyl (Details to follow)
* Special Edition Triple Red and Black Marble Vinyl (Details to follow)
* Super Deluxe Boxset featuring CD, Blu Ray and Exclusive Memorabilia
* Digital album [streaming and download]

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 10:05 am

Heard they changed their name to King Maiden or Crimson Iron Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 10:46 am

Look at the timing on those songs. We are probably getting another Book Of Souls.

007 and Troublezone like this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 11:01 am

New album’s previous working title… “Against”.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 11:02 am

Gilbert wrote:
Look at the timing on those songs. We are probably getting another Book Of Souls.

They need to edit their shit.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 1:56 pm

I liked Book of Souls well enough, but those song lengths scare me. I wonder how soon before they go full Yes and make their own equivalent to Tales from Topographic Oceans.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 4:17 pm

Cool cover. And another double album! I love it!

The longest songs were the best ones on the Book of Souls, so it's also promising there are three 10+ minute epics.

That should keep your Maiden thirst quenched for awhile. It's not like you can expect them to release a new album every year anymore.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Lari wrote:
Cool cover. And another double album! I love it!

The longest songs were the best ones on the Book of Souls, so it's also promising there are three 10+ minute epics.

That should keep your Maiden thirst quenched for awhile. It's not like you can expect them to release a new album every year anymore.

+1

I love the cover!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 9:24 pm

Someone in Maiden must admire Dream Theater. The song lengths are ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 11:27 pm

I hope we get, at least, a couple of decent fast Maiden songs. God, i miss those.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 11:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Someone in Maiden must admire Dream Theater. The song lengths are ridiculous!

Man, i was thinking the same thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Iron Maiden album?    New Iron Maiden album?  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Iron Maiden album?
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next