Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know

Go down 
+28
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
EvyMetal
TheGooch
metalmaniac122
MetalFRO
Lurideath
rattpoison
7thSecond
MetalH
skullsmasher
Zdan
A Handful of Wayne
Olafsto
kmorg
XYZ
mc666
candlemass
sam
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
Fat Freddy
Rex
ultmetal
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Often I'll just put the DVD in and listen to it while I'm doing something else, I "listen" to all those Rush DVD's frequently.

Many times I'll rip the audio from the DVD so I can have it available to listen to on my computer.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Totally missed all the drama (just looked at this thread for the first time today) but I'm glad it has died down. I, like a few others was turned off when I first saw the artwork but I didn't want to overreact (something that I believes gives Christianity a bad name). The artist's explaination makes me feel better about getting the album which I am looking forward to. I don't think it's about Satan having power over Christ but just an illustration of the power of Satan which should NEVER be underestimated. Satan is much more powerful than any human being. Only God's power is able to overcome him. From a purley artistic opinion the cover is real good.

On a side note, as a Christian I don't know why we react the way we do sometimes. A lot of times art can be misunderstood. Some examples:

1. Saviour Machine has been attacked by Christians for their theatrics which are actually in support of Christianity.
2. Christian metal has been attacked by Christians as being evil because of what the music sounds like.
3. Tourinquet has gotten many critisism from Christians because of a severed arm as symbolism for their name.

And even in the case of art that does attack Christianity our reaction is overdone. First of all our overreaction is exactly what they want from us (Satan loves to use our overzealousness to paint people's perception of us) and secondly Christ himself told us we shouldn't take critisism too harsly:

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." Matthew 5:11

Remember, people will hate us. There is no way to get around it, instead of getting upset, pray for them and get on with your life.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Excellent post DB, truly excellent post. I'm a spiritual person (though not a Christian), it's refreshing to hear your balanced point of view.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:54 pm

DallasBlack humble
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 pm

detuned wrote:
I'll be very interested to see this particular DVD, any kind of making of footage and interviews will be most welcome!

Sometimes the bonus discs can be cool, I have the version of High On Fire's Blessed Black Wings that came with a DVD, it has a cool concert disc as a bonus. Same with the last Orange Goblin release...I love concert DVD's!!!

I love "making of" DVDs and band documentaries, watch 'em all the time. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10