Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know

Go down 
+28
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
EvyMetal
TheGooch
metalmaniac122
MetalFRO
Lurideath
rattpoison
7thSecond
MetalH
skullsmasher
Zdan
A Handful of Wayne
Olafsto
kmorg
XYZ
mc666
candlemass
sam
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
Fat Freddy
Rex
ultmetal
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:11 am

new tune sounds realy good with a killer riff, cant say i like the artwork or title though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:30 am

Hey Goochie - WELCOME BACK!!!! We've missed ya, you goof-ster!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:00 am

Oh, hey there Gooch!! - Where the hell have you been!? Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 37951:
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Probably going to school. .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Gooch-san is like Ninja. He comes in, strikes hard, and fades away again till next time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:58 pm

Wow that song sounds great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:08 pm

Do you think that the band/management will be able to keep the album under wraps, or will even this one leak?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:08 pm

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/03/24/heaven-and-hell-bible-black-song-premiere

🤘

This is brilliant. I cannot wait!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:

🤘

Agreed. That's got an evil gleam that Dehumanizer only hinted at...YEAH!!!!!
Dio grim reaper headbanger
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:

🤘

wow...this is going to be killer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Pretty sad that this thread is 9 pages long, and no one seems to care about the music, only the stupid album cover and why it makes Christian buttholes bleed.

Okay, kidding. Haha. But seriously, all that focus on the art and just a few comments about the tune? Weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:42 pm

By the way, this version of the song is the "single edit", the full length version is around 7 minutes (according to vague online source).
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Wow. It's so freakin' heavy! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:48 pm

xyz wrote:
Wow. It's so freakin' heavy! 🤘

IOMMI + GEEZER = HEAVY

:benchpress:
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:29 pm

What a kick ass tune. Dio, almost 67 years old, and his voice still rocks. Tony, Geezer & Vinny sound great as ever. WOW!!!
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: This just rocks.   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Not only is the album artwork excellent, but the album itself is going to be great. Dio and Iommi go great together (unlike what many people have said), and Dio said in an interview that this would be a combination of all of their great works. Can't wait 'til April 28
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:31 am

Further research shows that the artist has 2 versions of the original painting, the one chosen by H&H is the first version (the other one I posted was revised later):

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Satan-resize

Here is what the artist said about this particular painting:

"Today alot of rockbands and such use the upside down cross to portray a
kind of defiance towards or renouncment of Christianity. But from my
research, I have gathered that this is a modern misconception, as the
upside down cross (in history, not modern popular symbolism) represents
the sacrifice of Peter and his passion for Christ. For me it was more
important to have the cross upwards to symbolise the sacrifice of
Christ for all mankinds sin. The seven people on the seven crosses in
the painting depict the seven deadly sins, and these, as I tried to
show them here, are eternal beings, and mankind continue to perform
these sins no matter. The crucified entities are in pain, suggesting an
eternal hell as long as sin exists (basically mankind) and I wanted
them to float in the air to suggest a more magical power and
disturbance of natural laws that would occur at the presence of satan."
- Per Haagensen
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:11 am

detuned wrote:
Further research shows that the artist has 2 versions of the original painting, the one chosen by H&H is the first version (the other one I posted was revised later):

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Satan-resize

Here is what the artist said about this particular painting:

"Today alot of rockbands and such use the upside down cross to portray a
kind of defiance towards or renouncment of Christianity. But from my
research, I have gathered that this is a modern misconception, as the
upside down cross (in history, not modern popular symbolism) represents
the sacrifice of Peter and his passion for Christ. For me it was more
important to have the cross upwards to symbolise the sacrifice of
Christ for all mankinds sin. The seven people on the seven crosses in
the painting depict the seven deadly sins, and these, as I tried to
show them here, are eternal beings, and mankind continue to perform
these sins no matter. The crucified entities are in pain, suggesting an
eternal hell as long as sin exists (basically mankind) and I wanted
them to float in the air to suggest a more magical power and
disturbance of natural laws that would occur at the presence of satan."
- Per Haagensen

Well there you go everyone, stop whining!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:16 am

That's some good tunage!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 am

This cover is so evil. Very Happy I like it, but it feels like it belongs on a way heavier band.

Considering some of the bands a few of the religious folks listen to around here and proclaim to be fans of, I think it's hilarious an album cover from these guys is what broke the camel's back.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 am

That sucks considering that the nearest Best Buy is 2 hrs. away from where I live. I wonder if the CD/DVD will be available from Amazon?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 am

akeldama wrote:
That sucks considering that the nearest Best Buy is 2 hrs. away from where I live. I wonder if the CD/DVD will be available from Amazon?

I am sure at some point there will be since you can buy used copies of 'Black Ice' and 'Chinese Democracy' on Amazon. I am also sure that special edition of 'The Devil You Know' could be purchased directly from Amazon's website.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:42 am

Quote :
"The Devil You Know," featuring 10 soon-to-be-classic tracks from the Dio-fronted version of Black Sabbath, arrives in North America on April 28 from Rhino for a suggested list price of $18.98 (physical)

That's pretty steep for a new cd at Best Buy. Even with a bonus dvd, they usually package that stuff for $12 or $13 tops. I'd expect that from FYE, but Best Buy is usually pretty cheap. I'll be getting it regardless, but I hope they run a debut release sale or something. Charging near $20 for a cd these days is just asking for trouble. Only the hardcore fans are putting out that much coin. Illegal downloaders will have a field day with this.

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:13 pm

I'll be very interested to see this particular DVD, any kind of making of footage and interviews will be most welcome!

Sometimes the bonus discs can be cool, I have the version of High On Fire's Blessed Black Wings that came with a DVD, it has a cool concert disc as a bonus. Same with the last Orange Goblin release...I love concert DVD's!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:17 pm

detuned wrote:
I'll be very interested to see this particular DVD, any kind of making of footage and interviews will be most welcome!

Sometimes the bonus discs can be cool, I have the version of High On Fire's Blessed Black Wings that came with a DVD, it has a cool concert disc as a bonus. Same with the last Orange Goblin release...I love concert DVD's!!!

That's a perfect example. I've got that HoF dvd, and while the concept is cool, I just know that I'll never get around to watching it. I barely have time to watch regular tv or movies, let alone a concert dvd.

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next