Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Streetheart - Over Heaven Under Hell

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Streetheart - Over Heaven Under Hell Empty
PostSubject: Streetheart - Over Heaven Under Hell   Streetheart - Over Heaven Under Hell Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:58 am

Never seen much talk of this Canadian band at all. I think is one great album not one bad song on this. They did a Rolling Stones cover of Under My Thumb which IMO was better than the orig but that's me! That song is not on that album!

Wargod48

NP: Streetheart - Under Heaven Over Hell
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

Streetheart - Over Heaven Under Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Streetheart - Over Heaven Under Hell   Streetheart - Over Heaven Under Hell Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Cool band - I don't own anything by them as they're played quite frequently on classic rock radio up here - their Rolling Stones cover is played more often than the original (and, like you, I like Streetheart's version better).

The late 70s/early 80s was kind of a boom period for Canadian AOR/arena rock bands as groups like Streetheart, Helix, Toronto, Triumph, Chilliwack, April Wine, Harlequin, Max Webster (later Kim Mitchell), Headpins, Prism, Trooper and others were hitting big in Canada and some had some success south of the border too.

A couple of Streetheart songs actually have been covered: The song 'Hot Cherie' off Hardline's Double Eclipse album is a Streetheart cover - the original was only released on a rarities/odds n' sods collection put out by Streetheart's manager after the band broke up. Frehley's Comet also does 'Dancing With Danger' on their Second Sighting album.

Streetheart members Matt Frenette and Paul Dean formed Loverboy.
Back to top Go down

Streetheart - Over Heaven Under Hell
Page 1 of 1