Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Empty
PostSubject: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 2:44 pm

there is a god and his name is Tony Iommi!...but more on that later!

I promised Fat Freddy a review of this concert and i have decided to post it in the Heart of metal forum as no one would probably ever read it in the review forum but feel free to move it if you want.

Well i will say that novemeber 15th was a day i will remember for a long time for many reasons! good and bad.

Had a very early start at six thirty am to catch the train to Nottingham where i arrived at exactly 10.28 as scheduled which was impressive for the notouriously late british rail services.

Then spent the whole day shopping in Nottingham as i had to wait for my mate to come and pick me up after he finished for the day at uni so i bought a Nightwish Dark Passion Play tee for the measly sum of 11.99 in preparation for the nightwish gig next march as well as scoring the classic bonded by blood by Exodus!

Tried an Iphone out in the 02 shop and they are actualy real cool things so i might buy one now. of course i took my ipod so i had the heaven and hell album on plus albums buy lamb of god and iced earth who were in support.

Me and my mate got to the arena about 5.30 in preparation for the doors opening and there was about fifty people waiting to get in! thee was no one there it was a pathetic turnout for such a big show.

At this point my mate offered me a Worthers original which is a type of sweet which made me feel very very ill for some reason! (more on that later)

Now get this people becuase there was no one there we were able to swap the seating tickets we had for standing ones and guess were we got too - the front right on stage right - guess where our ole mate tony iommi stands - stage right!

there was about fifty people for iced earth for put on a really good show despite the small crowd so there was not a lot of atmosphere but they were brutally heavy live and rippers screams were amazing. i think they played ten thousand strong, declaration day, burnt times, setain massacre and another i did not recognise so it was cool to see john and the crew.

by the time lamb of god were due to hit the stage the place was starting to fill up a bit more and there was a noticeable trendy group stood near the barrier on our left. lamb of god loked really bored during ashes of the wake their opening song and seemed to be going throught the motions slightly, however they soon sit their stride and flayed us all with the brutal brand of heavy metal.

also by now i was feeling really really sick and during now youve got somethng to die for i knew i was going to hurl so i headed to the bogs.

i hurled on the floor just outside the bogs in front of this pretty blonde chick on door watch and then proceeded to hurl even more excess bile inside. very nice or not. remind me never to eat a damn worthers original ever ever again!

i felt back after that though and i made my way back to the front barrier where my main man was keeping a spot for me in prep for sabbaths arrival

soon the house lights dim and the cries of a by now packed house go up as e5150 blares out of the pa

and then there they are in front of us the band tha started it all - Black Sabbath in all their might charging headlong into mob rules like they were having the time of their lifes! Tony was right in front of me and everyone near him was going nuts and giving him the horns ad he slauted our tribiutes many a time which was cool.

the set then preceeded with children of the sea, I, sign of the southern cross, vinnies drum solo, voodoo, computer god, die young, falling off the edge of the world, some more songs from mob rules that i forget the names off before getting to the awesomeness of heaven and hell where dio got the whole crowd chanting the monolithic main riff of the song which was mega cool.

due to time they had to cut short shadow off the wind from the set due to the extended version of heaven and hell but instead gave us neon knights as an encore. during the song i was singing the words and dio pointed at me which was mega cool!

in all an amazing show which i will always remember

long live the gods of metal!

sincerely the gooch

ps sorry no photos as my camera phone did not take very good ones
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Excellent review, sir! Consider me extremely envious... except for the part about hurling. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:19 pm

Sounds pretty similar to my H&H experience the day before. I got there just as the doors opened and got to the front and centre for all the bands, which was great. Iced Earth were fantastic although a slightly questionable choice of songs - Motivation of Man / Setian Massacre (great choice), Declaration Day, Ten Thousand Strong, Burning Times, My Own Saviour and A Charge to Keep. I don't get why they'd play D-Day, seeing as Ten Thousand Strong is effectively an improved version of it. I also find A Charge to Keep a bit of a snorefest, though it comes off better live.

Lamb of God were decent. Slightly better than the last time I saw them at Unholy Alliance II. Still, not entirely my thing.

H&H tore the place apart though. I mean, seriously, I did not expect Dio's voice to be so amazingly strong what with him being fairly old and very small Razz The set list was great, although the lack of TV Crimes was a bit unfortunate. However, the long extended Heaven & Hell with melodic chanting and awesome lighting made up for it. Vinny's drum solo was genius too, his kit was awesome. Actually, the entire stage set was really good - it added a lot to the gig, I feel. Being right in front of Dio for the entire set was amazing, that guy is one amazing front man.

So yeah, great night. Glad to see your experience rocked too, Gooch. However, how the hell did a Werther's Original cause that much grief! Those sweets are delicious yet you seem poisioned.

PostSubject: Re: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:51 am

Sounds like you had a great time!

🤘
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 2:11 pm

i saw them at wembly the other day. iced earth were awesome. sabbath were awesome. my m8 caught geezer AND iommis picks afro
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 5:28 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Sounds like you had a great time!

🤘

It sure does. I wish I could have gone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:20 am

Smindas wrote:
Sounds pretty similar to my H&H experience the day before. I got there just as the doors opened and got to the front and centre for all the bands, which was great. Iced Earth were fantastic although a slightly questionable choice of songs - Motivation of Man / Setian Massacre (great choice), Declaration Day, Ten Thousand Strong, Burning Times, My Own Saviour and A Charge to Keep. I don't get why they'd play D-Day, seeing as Ten Thousand Strong is effectively an improved version of it. I also find A Charge to Keep a bit of a snorefest, though it comes off better live.

Lamb of God were decent. Slightly better than the last time I saw them at Unholy Alliance II. Still, not entirely my thing.

H&H tore the place apart though. I mean, seriously, I did not expect Dio's voice to be so amazingly strong what with him being fairly old and very small Razz The set list was great, although the lack of TV Crimes was a bit unfortunate. However, the long extended Heaven & Hell with melodic chanting and awesome lighting made up for it. Vinny's drum solo was genius too, his kit was awesome. Actually, the entire stage set was really good - it added a lot to the gig, I feel. Being right in front of Dio for the entire set was amazing, that guy is one amazing front man.

So yeah, great night. Glad to see your experience rocked too, Gooch. However, how the hell did a Werther's Original cause that much grief! Those sweets are delicious yet you seem poisioned.

i dont know it might have been something todo with a dodgy sandwhich i ate earlier in the day but i nearly skinned my mate despite the fact it was not his fault
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:21 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
i saw them at wembly the other day. iced earth were awesome. sabbath were awesome. my m8 caught geezer AND iommis picks afro

i got hit in the chest by iommis pick right at the end and i bounced vack over the barrier and the security guard gave it to another kid next to me. Ahhhhhhahah! i was annoyed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread   The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Goochs official Heaven and hell review thread
Page 1 of 1