Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know

Go down 
+28
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
EvyMetal
TheGooch
metalmaniac122
MetalFRO
Lurideath
rattpoison
7thSecond
MetalH
skullsmasher
Zdan
A Handful of Wayne
Olafsto
kmorg
XYZ
mc666
candlemass
sam
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
Fat Freddy
Rex
ultmetal
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:32 pm

kmorg wrote:
Oh, and YAY for the Norwegian getting his art on a Black Sabb.... eh, Heaven & Hell album!

Are you sure that`s a good thing?
Before you know it we will be attacked by american suicide whiners affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Olafsto wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Oh, and YAY for the Norwegian getting his art on a Black Sabb.... eh, Heaven & Hell album!

Bah, they already invaded the world with the emo's, so what the heck; BRING IT!

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Olafsto wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:41 pm

By the way, did anyone notice that Dio/Iommi/Butler/Appice have a new album coming out? I almost forgot about it while reading this thread.

lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Olafsto wrote:
kmorg wrote:

We were going to start importing a few your way, we are going to start with Rush Limbaugh and maybe Geraldo Rivera next.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:42 pm

detuned wrote:
By the way, did anyone notice that Dio/Iommi/Butler/Appice have a new album coming out? I almost forgot about it while reading this thread.

Who? Never heard of'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:42 pm

detuned wrote:

lol!

I heard about that...have you seen the cover?? affraid
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

detuned wrote:

lol!

I thought that album art work was for the new Stryper album, silly me. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't know if I can in good conscience buy this album now. That cover is obviously a swipe at Christianity. That's a shame too, because I bet this album will be quite good.

Would you really not buy this album just because of the cover? Do you honestly believe that the members of Black Sabbath are making an anti-Christian statement with this? You don't think it's just a marketing gimmick?
1. Very possibly. It's not like I don't already have a closet full of metal CDs and cassettes that I can listen to without putting another dollar in the devil's pocket (so to speak).
2. Yes, especially Dio. He seems to think along those lines.
3. Who approves the marketing? They obviously approve of their own album cover. It's their endorsement.
Seems to? Obviously? Nothing is obvious.

And let's not pretend like Sabbath has never tread this path before.

EDIT: Seven pages? I gotta wake up earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't know if I can in good conscience buy this album now. That cover is obviously a swipe at Christianity. That's a shame too, because I bet this album will be quite good.

Would you really not buy this album just because of the cover? Do you honestly believe that the members of Black Sabbath are making an anti-Christian statement with this? You don't think it's just a marketing gimmick?
1. Very possibly. It's not like I don't already have a closet full of metal CDs and cassettes that I can listen to without putting another dollar in the devil's pocket (so to speak).
3. Who approves the marketing? They obviously approve of their own album cover. It's their endorsement.

You missed the fun part...might as well have stayed in bed.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:30 pm

LMAO!!!! oh man what the hell went on in here? hahahaha All that over a silly little album cover, that looks great by the way. That artwork works great with this band. Isnt this kind of subject matter talked about in this band anyway? I dont think its such a huge surprise they would have something like that on their album cover.

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:34 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

You missed the fun part...might as well have stayed in bed.
Must have been after page two, because that's when I stopped reading. When Troublezone and Temple of Blood argue, and my eyes begin to bleed, it's time to pack it in.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:47 pm

I, for one, did NOT think of Christ or Satan when I saw that album cover. I thought "that is one good piece of artwork - cool stylization on the demon". Take it for what you want to take it for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:01 pm

A brief note about the recording, which has me psyched. (from blabbermouth)

"It took less than three weeks to finish the album, with most of the
songs only needing a couple of takes. "It was good to play them live in
the studio. It keeps you on edge," Iommi says. "I mean, somewhere along the line we were gonna have to play them live; might as well start in the studio." Butler adds: "We've learned from the past that you can kill a song doing it over and over. The first SABBATH
albums were done in two or three days. Technically they weren't great,
but vibe-wise they were great. If you capture that feeling, that's all
you need."
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:02 pm

detuned wrote:

the studio. It keeps you on edge," Iommi says. "I mean, somewhere along the line we were gonna have to play them live; might as well start in the studio." Butler adds: "We've learned from the past that you can kill a song doing it over and over. The first SABBATH
you need."

I am looking forward to this album and that is killer, btw who produced this album?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:03 pm

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:

you need."

I am looking forward to this album and that is killer, btw who produced this album?

Satan.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
detuned wrote:

you need."

Satan.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:05 pm

manny wrote:

Bob Marlette - He produced the Iommi/Hughes album Fused. The H&H album was recorded in the same studio as Dehumanizer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
detuned wrote:

you need."

Satan.

When I read MG71's reply I totally heard it in the voice of that Gorgoroth guy from "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

When I read MG71's reply I totally heard it in the voice of that Gorgoroth guy from "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey"

lol!