Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know

Go down 
+28
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
EvyMetal
TheGooch
metalmaniac122
MetalFRO
Lurideath
rattpoison
7thSecond
MetalH
skullsmasher
Zdan
A Handful of Wayne
Olafsto
kmorg
XYZ
mc666
candlemass
sam
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
Fat Freddy
Rex
ultmetal
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Empty
PostSubject: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Thedevilyouknow_large
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:08 am

I like the art but the band name across the middle doesnt mesh all that well for me...

Alex

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:10 am

Looks like an alien.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:00 am

I think its well done for the most part. The artwork is well made, but the crucifix in the background in the middle just looks stuck in there for the heck of it. Its distracting and rather cheesy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:01 am

Looks like a death metal album cover!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:05 am

I am looking forward to getting this album.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 am

Anyone know what the "25 41" means in the little yellow devil graphic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:24 am

BLACK SABBATH has been around 41 years...

25 years ago was 1984, and Dio wasn't in the band then...can't figure that one out...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:45 am

The devil gimmick is old, i hope the music is at least good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:56 am

Rex wrote:
Anyone know what the "25 41" means in the little yellow devil graphic?

This is from the black-sabbath.com message board:

Matthew 25:41 (King James Version)

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye
cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

the right side of God is Heaven, the left side of God is Hell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 am

Troublezone wrote:
The devil gimmick is old, i hope the music is at least good.

Yeah, but Black Sabbath kind of started the whole thing...so I'll give them a pass.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:03 am

I like it. Hope the music contained within is just as good. \m/

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:04 am

Here's the original version of the painting:

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know %E2%80%98Satan%E2%80%99,%20Per%20%C3%98yvind%20Haagensen,%20Norway
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:18 am

So I was right. Stuck in there for the cheese factor. Sad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 am

detuned wrote:
Here's the original version of the painting:

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know %E2%80%98Satan%E2%80%99,%20Per%20%C3%98yvind%20Haagensen,%20Norway

I think I like the red album version better. They should have left the dragons in the background though instead of the floating crucifix.

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:30 am

....I predict this is just the beginning of your disappointment..... :glee:
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Don't poop in my bag of sunshine this morning.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:48 am

I don't know if I can in good conscience buy this album now. That cover is obviously a swipe at Christianity. That's a shame too, because I bet this album will be quite good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:49 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Oh, you hush.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:06 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't know if I can in good conscience buy this album now. That cover is obviously a swipe at Christianity. That's a shame too, because I bet this album will be quite good.

To be fair many of the thrash albums you like probably have anti Christian themes as well.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:17 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Wow, you actually predict something will be good? - So you do like other music than your own.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:22 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Wow, you actually predict something will be good? - So you do like other music than your own.... affraid

You've obviously paid very little attention to my posts overall and only fixated on the ones that offend your delicate sensibilities.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:23 am

Troublezone wrote:
To be fair many of the thrash albums you like probably have anti Christian themes as well.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:24 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Would you really not buy this album just because of the cover? Do you honestly believe that the members of Black Sabbath are making an anti-Christian statement with this? You don't think it's just a marketing gimmick?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Would you really not buy this album just because of the cover? Do you honestly believe that the members of Black Sabbath are making an anti-Christian statement with this? You don't think it's just a marketing gimmick?

1. Very possibly. It's not like I don't already have a closet full of metal CDs and cassettes that I can listen to without putting another dollar in the devil's pocket (so to speak).
2. Yes, especially Dio. He seems to think along those lines.
3. Who approves the marketing? They obviously approve of their own album cover. It's their endorsement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven & Hell - Official cover art for The Devil You Know
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next