Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know

Go down 
+10
Temple of Blood
sheets
MetalGuy71
Rex
Thrasher73
manny
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
mc666
Metallic Blaze
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:44 am

MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Hevenhell

What a truly great album! This one is in my top 10 for the year.

When I first got it, I was initially a bit disappointed in it. I guess I was not expecting it to be soo doom oriented. I was hoping for more of a classic metal sound like on the album "Heaven and Hell". However, after sitting with this album for a few months - it grew on me quite a lot. I love it now.

Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 am

definitely a fan. i was very pleased with the doom direction, the song writing, & production. as well as the performances of all the players. i also love the cover art.

Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:01 am

Great disc. I admit that I haven't listened to it that much, but hey, you can't go wrong with Sabbath. Bible Black is a real scorcher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:00 am

A great record, if this ends up being the final album from this lineup they ended on a definite high note.

Iommi is a constant source of amazement to me...the man is a riff factory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:10 am

MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Black210

The real cover...as produced by Mr. detuned.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:27 am

Awesome, awesome album!!!!! I have it in my top 25 Metal albums of the decade!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:47 am

If Black Sabbath ends their career after this album, then they will end their career on high note, being a fanboy of all this things Sabbath I was not disappointed.

I loved the direction the band took, in going in more doom oriented direction, Dio sounds great and Iommi as detuned points out is riff factory.

One of the best comeback records in metal history, hopefully Dio will kick the cancer's ass and the Sabbath story will continue with this line up.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:15 am

Great Album,its in the top of my list for 09.Love the heaviness of this album.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 am

Boring. What a let down.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 am

Love it. One of the better albums I've purchased this year.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:21 pm

It might be my favorite album this year. Gets better the more I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:29 pm

A big disappointment from what I heard.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:46 pm

I liked the album at first but it didnt really last like i thought it would...

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm

One of my favorites of 2009. Bible Black, Double the Pain and Fear are my favorite songs on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 pm

Yeah, most people are really liking this album. It's a great one.

According to Tony Iommi, he wants to make it clear that this is 'not' Black Sabbath. It's Heaven and Hell.

The Dio-fronted Black Sabbath lineup should probably have been called Heaven & Hell from the get-go. Their first album, "Heaven and Hell" should have been their self-titled album.

So to me this is not Black Sabbath. It's Heaven & Hell.

Black Sabbath is fronted by Ozzy Osbourne.

But back to the album ... I wonder why some people aren't liking this one? It's so good to me.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

"You on drugs boy?"
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:12 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

"You on drugs boy?"

MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know 201269
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:19 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

According to Tony Iommi, he wants to make it clear that this is 'not' Black Sabbath. It's Heaven and Hell.

The Dio-fronted Black Sabbath lineup should probably have been called Heaven & Hell from the get-go. Their first album, "Heaven and Hell" should have been their self-titled album.

But back to the album ... I wonder why some people aren't liking this one? It's so good to me.

the problem i have is it was ok to be black sabbath when they were promoting The Dio Years with new material on it. now all of a sudden its not black sabbath.

I just think the sabbath albums with Dio are stronger than this release. I just didnt enjoy it as much.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

"You on drugs boy?"

Nah, it's just TOB being TOB. I dig this album. I love the more Doom direction. I just love Doom period.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:54 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

No, Black Sabbath is Tony Iommi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 am

Quote :

Not to get off track, but the band has been around longer WITHOUT Ozzy's nasally whines. Sure, the "classic" lineup included him, but to say that Sabbath without Ozzy isn't Sabbath is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Not to get off track, but the band has been around longer WITHOUT Ozzy's nasally whines. Sure, the "classic" lineup included him, but to say that Sabbath without Ozzy isn't Sabbath is just wrong.

Thank you Spec, I agree 100% with the above statement.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:05 am

This album was just too doomy for me. I sold it. I expected something more in the vein of "Heaven & Hell" , the album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 am

manny wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Thank you Spec, I agree 100% with the above statement.

Same here. Although I have to admit I like early Sabbath the most, the first four LPs with Tony Martin on vocals are classics as well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:23 am

tohostudios wrote:
This album was just too doomy for me. I sold it. I expected something more in the vein of "Heaven & Hell" , the album.

I wasnt quite sure what to expect after hearing the new tracks on the Dio Years but it is too doomy for me as well..

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know   MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/15. Heaven & Hell ~ The Devil You Know
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next