Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots

Go down 
+21
Svengo
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
corplhicks
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
Troublezone
stormspell
Boris2008
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Addy
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
exact33
Getizzyback
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:15 am

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Silly argument on music. Creating that kind of music is just as difficult as creating music with guitars and drums, etc. The only people who suggest otherwise are those who have no idea how to create music like that.
you sure are having issues with context tonight don\'t know

I just stated my preference and said "zip", "nadda", "nothng" about difficulty in creating.
You've attempted this argument before when you made a similar veiled comment about rap music.

Quote :
I prefer turntables for playing music with, not making something that some "consider" to be music.
Yeah, that's not a dig or anything, right? It's the tired old argument that it's not "real" music, and typically the justification of that opinion is that it's not hard, a computer does it all, etc.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:45 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I tried to listen to this yesterday but my computer was being stupid. So I finally got to hear it. The new song sounds ok, but I listened to the live stuff and his voice is just too annoying, almost whiny sounding. I'll pick the new album up but I won't see them live. I'm not a Linkin Park fan at all.

I'm really surprised they just didn't do another band like they usually do when they fire Scott haha. Really though I guess they figure every time they did do that those albums didn't sell very well. It just shows you, No one cares unless they use their name. Then people are going to bitch and moan like with Queensryche, and countless other bands that its not the same band without the original singer. The guys a drug addict douche, and he does nothing but hold them back so I'm glad they finally decided to kick him out and just keep the name cause the fans will get over it, like they always do. Its a little disappointing its the guy from Linkin Park, for me personally, but whatever, I hope it works.

Riiiiight cuz you met the guy and know him personally to know he's a douche right?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:46 am

I actually downloaded the song but haven't listened to it yet. I've loved STP since their 3rd album , and yeah I am a big Weiland fan but Im willing to give it a shot who knows I might be pleasently surprised.

Itll be interesting to see this new chapter of STP
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:03 am

I never liked Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit, maybe because I am not huge fan of hip hop, and those bands have a strong element of that in their music.

Thou I did like Rage Against the Machine and couple of other bands similar to them.

I agree that alot fans, especially around my age brackett cannot stand most of the bands Eyesore mentioned, and I fall into that group,
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Silly argument on music. Creating that kind of music is just as difficult as creating music with guitars and drums, etc. The only people who suggest otherwise are those who have no idea how to create music like that.
you sure are having issues with context tonight don\'t know

I just stated my preference and said "zip", "nadda", "nothng" about difficulty in creating.
You've attempted this argument before when you made a similar veiled comment about rap music.

Quote :
I prefer turntables for playing music with, not making something that some "consider" to be music.
Yeah, that's not a dig or anything, right? It's the tired old argument that it's not "real" music, and typically the justification of that opinion is that it's not hard, a computer does it all, etc.

You're throwing alot of assumptions around. Again never said it wasn't hard or a computer does it all. I am not talking about hip hop or rap in general either. I just don't care for the use of turntables for anything other than listening to albums with. I programmed some drums and helped out with the recording process of a local hip hop/rap artist in Sacramento at a musician friends studio. So I kinda/sorta have some experience on how it is created. It does take skill to take a recipe and combine the ingredients into a finished product. The process is different than say using traditional methods of creating music. My brain calls hip hop/rap building something from recycled, unconventional material and making it into something else, while other styles generalally start from "scratch". Which is kinda ironic when the use of a turntable that I don't really dig on is "scratching".

So to be clear, I don't like rap/hip hop. (lots of others do not either) It has an artistic quality (so does alot of other things) I agree with Shawn that DJ's have talent but don't consider it music. (you do and so what) I have family and friends that don't consider alot of music I dig on to not be music either.

My opinion is not any more valid than yours regarding anything. Just because somebody has a certain opinion, it doesn't mean someone can take a broad brush stroke and apply general reason and assumption as to why they think that way. Your saying my comments regarding rap music are "veiled" based on my dislike of turntables used in music or past disscussions is the way you see it. I was part of the creative and recording process of a hip hop/rap artist. Hands on experience and "veiled" comment do not go hand in hand, regardless of how ya spin it. I got paid and received some studio time for my efforts. It was enjoyable being able to witness how it was done (at least how they done it) and it didn't change my view on either turntables or make me a fan of rap/hip hop.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

Quote :
But then there are other bands, like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Nickelback, Creed, who generate nearly nothing but negative comments in the metal community. And for no discernible reason. I don't get it.

For me, all those bands sound manufactured (except that first Creed record). The worst of the offenders being Nickelback. My wife has a couple of their albums and they are just contrived shit, right down to the sequencing of the albums. As for Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, hip-hop has NO place in rock music as far as I am concerned. That's a personal viewpoint. And yes Anthrax and probably some others have mixed it, but not as their main schtick.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:37 am

Quote :
As for Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, hip-hop has NO place in rock music as far as I am concerned. That's a personal viewpoint.

Same here. I never cared for it by itself as a genre or incorporated into rock.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:21 pm

I love tons of electronic music, Tangerine Dream, VNV Nation, Enigma, a lot of stuff. I don't think I'm against the basic principle and idea of hip hop, but it's truly one of the least evolving genres out there in almost every aspect. Kanye West is considered revolutionary for sampling King Crimson. I don't prefer the specific kind of sparse instrumentation in a song format which a lot of hip-hop does, and as for the influence in other bands, rock bands, it's always that huge "urban/street" influence, which is almost inherently anti-intellectual, and which I hate everything about period, so yeah, no Bizkit for me. RATM I can take depending on the song, and always use the full name of that band....do NOT just use 'Rage'.. Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 499945
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Addy wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I tried to listen to this yesterday but my computer was being stupid. So I finally got to hear it. The new song sounds ok, but I listened to the live stuff and his voice is just too annoying, almost whiny sounding. I'll pick the new album up but I won't see them live. I'm not a Linkin Park fan at all.

I'm really surprised they just didn't do another band like they usually do when they fire Scott haha. Really though I guess they figure every time they did do that those albums didn't sell very well. It just shows you, No one cares unless they use their name. Then people are going to bitch and moan like with Queensryche, and countless other bands that its not the same band without the original singer. The guys a drug addict douche, and he does nothing but hold them back so I'm glad they finally decided to kick him out and just keep the name cause the fans will get over it, like they always do. Its a little disappointing its the guy from Linkin Park, for me personally, but whatever, I hope it works.

Riiiiight cuz you met the guy and know him personally to know he's a douche right?

Hahaha! Of course not. I meant he's a douche for what he does with his band members. He's been out of STP how many times? Only to be let back and screw up again. Then Velvet Revolver couldn't get along with him and a few months ago his drummer for his solo band up and left. He could be the nicest guy on earth for all I know but what he does to his bandmates, hes a douche.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Coming soon to a nightclub near you..."Scott Weiland's Stone Temple Pilots"

Quote :
Scott Weiland has countersued Stone Temple Pilots for $5m, alleging his former bandmates have attempted to subvert the outfit’s legacy.

He was fired in February and Robert DeLeo, Dean DeLeo and Eric Kretz last month resurfaced with Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington in his place.

Weiland had previously insisted it was impossible to remove him from the band, saying paperwork was in place that prevented it from happening. Even after his ex-colleagues launched a lawsuit against him – saying he’d hijacked a planned anniversary tour and turned it into a solo project – he told fans he hoped they had a future together.

Now it’s been revealed he’s filed his own legal papers, saying: “How do you expel a man from a band that he started, named, sang lead on every song, wrote the lyrics and was the face of for 20 years, and then try to grab the name and goodwill for yourselves?

“You don’t – but three of the instrumentalists from the band Stone Temple Pilots tried.”

He argues that an agreement between them means they’re not allowed to use the name if he’s not present, and says he tried on several occasions to discuss things with them but was ignored.

STP last week said the purpose of their lawsuit was not to hurt Weiland, and that they wished him well.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Nice. TheGeoff needed an opening band.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:36 pm

laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Nice. TheGeoff needed an opening band.

I thought it would be a co-headling tour.... The Vest is hoping to get the average attendance of his Fakeryche tour above 500......
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Scott Weiland is gonna have a video rant contest and 1rst prize is the remixed version of Queensryche's "Frequency Unknown" and free Nebraska State fair tickets where both bands will be playing.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Wow, hope I don't win.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Quote :
Scott Weiland has told Stone Temple Pilots that if they want rid of him they’ll have to buy him out of his interest in the band.

STP fired him in February and then hired Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington in his place.

They described Weiland as “toxic” and launched legal action against him for loss of earnings. That resulted in the vocalist initiating a counter-lawsuit. Both are yet to be decided.

Weiland tells Gater Rocks: “There is a band agreement and a contract. They didn’t follow the rules that were set down. There has to be a reason for letting go a member, and you have to give them a certain period of time to do whatever you want them to do.

“It’s ridiculous. They can’t use the name without us coming to an agreement. So they’ll have to buy me out of the company – I have value in the company and the brand.”

He’s also revealed there were plans to release a range of anniversary merchandise to mark STP’s 20th anniversary in 2012.

“There was supposed to be a box set and a repackaged greatest hits, a coffee-table book, a DVD from the very beginning, a bunch of multimedia,” he says. “It was our last commitment to Atlantic Records. I don’t know how it turned itself around, but somehow it did.”

One of STP’s bones of contention is that Weiland “hijacked” what was supposed to be an anniversary tour and played the dates with his solo band The Wildabouts instead. That tour is still ongoing. He comments: “It’s cool to be able to do this, because it’s semi what I wanted to do with STP in 2012.”

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Oh, right, because his addictions weren't reason enough, and they didn't give him any time to sort that out. Haha. What a clown.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Stonetemplepilots_highriseep

Quote :
The new version of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS featuring LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington will release an EP, "High Rise", on October 8 via 13Star Records. The effort will contain five new tracks, including "Out of Time" and "Tomorrow".
cool 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Looking forward to the new STP, don't have a problem with Chester filling in, and I'm also looking forward to whatever Weiland releases with his solo band.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Im still pissed off by this whole thing but -shrugs- whatever!

Im not a fan of STP with Chester, to me its not STP thats just my opinion nothing more. Not sure bout Weiland and the Wildabouts as Ive not really heard anything under that monkier as he has yet to hit CT to perform.....

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Another new track with Chester...

Sounds cool to me. Never thought I'd say this about anything remotley related to Linkin Park, but I'm looking forward to this ep.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Definitely looking forward to this EP. The new tunes sound really good. And he does the old songs justice. I hope it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:19 am

Im not
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Addy wrote:
Im not
Thanks for your valuable input.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Addy wrote:
Im not
You a Weiland loyalist or you just don't like the new tunes?

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next