Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Velvet Revolver

Go down 
+14
Wargod
Smindas
Tall Tyrion
thejokeriv
TheGooch
Addy
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
KissinMaiden
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:23 am

Whats does everyone fink of them?

i fort contraband was excellent but the second album, libertad, was crap. i can't really give you any reasons why i fink its crappy, it just is. no attitude or bollocks

scott weilands the obvious weak link i fink. i cant believe they turned down sebastien bach from skid row for this guy....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:00 am

Music is ok. Vocals are lame.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:01 am

Bring Back Snakepit! Bring Back Snakepit! Bring Back Snakepit!
Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:31 am

I don't love it but if I hear one of their song I don't care I'm not saying...Wow That's smurf poo!
Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 1:18 pm

I dig 'em. Not horrible, not amazing.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 2:36 pm

my friend likes em...i haven't heard any of their material and don't want to.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 3:43 pm

I just think they would be far better with a more dynamic singer.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:33 pm

I liked their first one allot. The second, eh, not so much. Nothing really stands out and grabs my attention. Not a bad album per say, just sorta bland. And considdering the talent and history of the members, I'd expect more from them. Maybe a few more spins will change my mind.
Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 6:22 pm

The signer just suck...He doesn't fit with the band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:53 pm

Never cared for the singer when he was in STP, dont' care for him in V.R. now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:14 pm

I like what i've heard.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:59 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Slash's Snakepit? sick

ultmetal wrote:
I just think they would be far better with a more dynamic singer.
I agree somewhat, although I do think Weiland is a great singer and he did some great stuff with STP, but as far as the rock band a lot of GNR fans want VR to be... yeah, he's not the perfect fit.

Overall, I like'em. They aren't gonna make my all-time favorite list, but Contraband was decent enough (although the whole album kinda sounded the same) but Libertad is really good. The new album definitely caters to Weiland's voice more and is very STP-ish, which is good (I love STP), but again for a band that has Duff, Slash, and Matt... They're aren't living up to what they could be, IMO.

Anyway, this band is doomed to fade away. GNR & STP will always overshadow this band and they'll always be asked "So... When's your real band getting back together?" Razz Even Scott has recently said he would at some point like to finish STP on a higher note (no pun intended, honest!). I'd be all for that if it came with a new album.

Killer cuts from Libertad: She Builds Quick Machines, The Last Fight, Pills Demons & Etc., American Man
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:41 am

Guns N Roses was ok. What attracted me was kind of Axl's bad boy attitude and cool singing so i really don't care about V.R. ...never game em a try.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:34 pm

Am a BIG Fan of Velvet Revolver
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 5:01 pm

i have seen gnr(no slash) and vr live and i can say that vr kicked but and gnr sucked. i must say though the new vt album stinks a bit
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:42 pm

I like some of their stuff, but I also like STP. That said, Scott W does not seem to deliver his VR vocals as powerful as he did with STP
Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:18 pm

They're a pretty durn good band. One of the better bands to come out of this decade (like that's saying much). They've a lot of talent.

I think Contraband's a pretty good record, but I can't put much judgement on Libertad. The only song I've heard off of it is "The Last Fight", which is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:40 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

I'll second that! 🤘

VR were OK, but there was no fire there, for me. They sounded like STP with slightly more interesting music, but that's not saying much.

Now how about a new Snakepit album, Slash? 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:31 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I'll second that! 🤘

VR were OK, but there was no fire there, for me. They sounded like STP with slightly more interesting music, but that's not saying much.

that would be cool
Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:54 am

Someone gave me Contraband and it is alright. I just don't really see VR as anything really special. Whenever I hear a snippet of song on the radio I always think "wow that sounds like GnR" then the vocals kick in and I go "Ohh, boring" I always though Axl was what made GnR special. I do like Weiland though, I have most of the STP stuff and enjoy it pretty well (esp. Tiny Music).

After all their problems with Axl, why would they think choosing Weiland would be problem/drama free? He gets busted for drugs constantly and is in and out of rehab pretty often. It really bothers me that he got caught with drugs earlier this year (his 13th possession offense I might add) and all he got was a $400 fine and rehab. Any of us average guys would have gotten 3-5 years on the 3rd offense.

I heard that one of their top choices to sing for VR was Michael Patton (Faith No More, Mr Bungle, Peeping Tom, Fantomas, Tomahawk ect) which would have been really interesting as Patton sings great but has a bizzare sense of humor and does oddball stuff. VR doesn't sound like anything he would touch but I can still dream of how interesting and cool it might have been.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:07 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I'll second that! 🤘

that would be cool
I'd love a new Snakepit album. Ain't Life Grand is one of my all time favourites.

I used to like VR around the time of Contraband, but after a while I just got sick of their stuff. There are some great riffs, but the lyrics are annoying and the vocals un-involving. I too am shocked that Weiland was chosen over someone like Bach. Get rid of Weiland and things might be interesting.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:53 pm

Overated IMO but I do dig Slash!

Wargod48

NP: Silverdollar - Evil Never Sleeps
Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Poor Scott Weiland.   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:05 pm

From Sleaze Roxx:

Quote :
VELVET REVOLVER DELAY AUSTRALIAN TOUR DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES:

November 30, 2007

AMERICAN rockers Velvet Revolver have postponed next week's Australian tour citing "health issues" and offering fans a refund.

The band, formed by former Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland with Guns N' Roses legends Slash and Duff McKagan, were to have started their Australian tour in Brisbane on December 4.

They were forced to pull their dates in Japan when immigration officials refused their visa requests due to the criminal backgrounds of some of their members, particularly Weiland, who has a long history of battling drug addiction.

Neither the band's record label SonyBMG nor Australian promoter KMW Productions were able to explain the last-minute change of heart by the band - with a spokeswoman saying Velvet Revolver management would not go into details about the mysterious health issues and which band members were afflicted.

Slash conducted interviews with Australian media yesterday and was excited about the band returning to Australia to perform.

The promoter is expected to release details about the rescheduling of the tour and refund of tickets later today.

From TMZ.com:

Quote :
TMZ has learned that rocker Scott Weiland has been arrested, again, for DUI. Shocker, we know.

The Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver singer was driving on an L.A. highway around 6:15 PM on November 21 when he crashed his car. While the California Highway Patrol was investigating the non-injury wreck, they noticed Weiland appeared to be impaired. (Um ... ya think?) According to the police report, Weiland failed sobriety tests and refused to take a blood or urine test. He was booked for "driving under the influence of a drug. "

The more things changeā€¦..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:09 pm

Shocking!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:14 pm

I read that Slash is working on a Solo Album but that since Weiland got booted that Velvet Revolver will continue on, Also read an interview with Weiland and he said that those guys should reconcile with Axl and do a GNR Reunion
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

Velvet Revolver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next