Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Empty
PostSubject: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 am

...the catch? Digital download only for $15. I'm out. Some interesting choices there though. If it makes it's way to actual cd format, I'd check it out. I'm a sucker for cover albums.

Quote :

Stone Temple Pilots/ex-Velvet Revolver lead singer Scott Weiland has just released a compilation of cover songs digitally through his online store. The set -- aptly titled A Compilation Of Scott Weiland Cover Songs -- includes takes on songs by David Bowie, The Flaming Lips, The Rolling Stones and more.

Weiland is currently promoting the release of his new autobiography, Not Dead & Not For Sale, which was released back in May.

In a surprising public statement, Weiland recently told Classic Rock that he would be open to rejoining Velvet Revolver, if only for a few live shows. "We can never say never," he said. "Who knows, maybe we'll do some shows some time."

A Compilation Of Scott Weiland Cover Songs Track Listing

01. I Am The Resurrection (STONE ROSES)
02. Personality Crisis (NEW YORK DOLLS)
03. Frances Farmer Will Get Her Revenge On Seattle (NIRVANA)
04. Let Down (RADIOHEAD)
05. Into Your Arms (LEMONHEADS)
06. Dead Flowers (THE ROLLING STONES)
07. Waiting For Superman (THE FLAMING LIPS)
08. Revolution (The Beatles; recorded by STONE TEMPLE PILOTS in 2001)
09. But Not Tonight (DEPECHE MODE)
10. Reel Around The Fountain (THE SMITHS)
11. Fame (DAVID BOWIE)
12. Jean Genie (DAVID BOWIE

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 am

Very cool, I going check out when I get home thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:25 pm

I fully intend to buy this

Should also note that

Fame is on his 2nd solo album
But Not Tonight is found on the Not Another Teen Movie Soundtrack
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:30 am

Quote :
08. Revolution (The Beatles; recorded by STONE TEMPLE PILOTS in 2001

Wasn't this one released too? Maybe on a soundtrack or something. I feel like I've heard this somewhere, I just can't remember where.

EDIT: it was released as a benefit single for the victims of the WTC and 9/11 as well as a track on a John Lennon Tribute album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:10 am

I was gonna say yeah I know I have it as a mp3 in fact i think it was released with STP and not Weiland solo...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Scott's putting out a Christmas album too...

Quote :
Scott Weiland is to release a Christmas album early next month.

Called The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year, it’s to be put out by Rhino with the following track listing:

1. The Christmas Song

2. I’ll Be Home For Christmas

3. White Christmas

4. Silent Night

5. It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

6. What Child Is This?

7. Winter Wonderland

8. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

9. Happy Christmas And Many More

10. O Holy Night

I'm usually game for some "non-traditional" Christmas music, but I get the feeling this will be pretty standard karoke versions. Eh, we'll see.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Scott's putting out a Christmas album too...

Quote :
Scott Weiland is to release a Christmas album early next month.

Called The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year, it’s to be put out by Rhino with the following track listing:

1. The Christmas Song

2. I’ll Be Home For Christmas

3. White Christmas

4. Silent Night

5. It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

6. What Child Is This?

7. Winter Wonderland

8. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

9. Happy Christmas And Many More

10. O Holy Night

I'm usually game for some "non-traditional" Christmas music, but I get the feeling this will be pretty standard karoke versions. Eh, we'll see.

This is sorta old news (minus the track listing) this was supposed to be out LAST year around the holidays but it was delayed to this year. He did Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas on one of those Late night talk shows I cant remember which but I thought it was quite good I think it will be traditional which is nothing wrong with that and Im not saying this as a Weiland fanboy either. I liked his version of the song I heard and i look forward to it. I just hope its an actual release and not a Online release like his covers album (which I plan to buy tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:41 am

Quote :
I just hope its an actual release and not a Online release like his covers album

This is the pic that accompanied the article, so maybe it will be an actual cd, not just digital...

Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Scott-Weiland-Christmas-Album-120x116

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:44 am

I think I asked this before, but how are Scott's solo albums? I've always liked him in STP and Velvet Revolver, but never bothered with his solo albums. Clips I heard didn't impress much and the reviews were usually pretty lukewarm at best.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think I asked this before, but how are Scott's solo albums? I've always liked him in STP and Velvet Revolver, but never bothered with his solo albums. Clips I heard didn't impress much and the reviews were usually pretty lukewarm at best.

Very lukewarm IMO, Weiland tries and wants to be considered the next David Bowie on his solo albums and Bowie's influence is very very present on his solo material, but IMO his solo albums are somewhat interesting listening when they are spinning but once it stops most of the material is not very memorable.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Well that pretty much closes that window. Nothing agaisnt Bowie, but I've never been much of a fan aside from the hits. Someone doing a 2nd or 3rd rate impression of Bowie probably wouldn't float my boat, so to speak.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:23 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Very lukewarm IMO, Weiland tries and wants to be considered the next David Bowie on his solo albums and Bowie's influence is very very present on his solo material, but IMO his solo albums are somewhat interesting listening when they are spinning but once it stops most of the material is not very memorable.

As for the Bowie analogy I disagree, Weiland's solo albums are a bit different than STP's stuff but one thing In my opinon is that Weiland likes to explore different sounds I think he takes care in how a song sounds. Me personally its no secret I am a big fan of Weiland but I think honestly if you were to check out any of his songs from his solo Id recommend the following......

Desperation # 5 (from 12 bar blues)
Barbarella (from 12 bar blues)
Cleveland (Happy in Golashes)
Arch Angel (Happy in Golashes)
Fame (Happy in Golashes, David Bowie cover)

Thats off the top of my head I just bought his covers album and I liked what ive heard He did a good cover of both Jean Genie and Frances Farmer will have her revenge on Seattle (David Bowie and Nirvana covers respecitvely)

Its all down to taste I encourage you to just check it out and not let 1 or 2 opinions sway you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album   Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Weiland Releases Covers Album
Page 1 of 1