Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots

Go down 
+21
Svengo
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
corplhicks
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
Troublezone
stormspell
Boris2008
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Addy
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
exact33
Getizzyback
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:21 pm

This is interesting. Chester Bennington fronting STP.

Free download of the new song: http://downloads.radio.com/stone-temple-pilots

I approve.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:50 pm

I quite like his voice, but would he really commit to STP at the expense of Linkin Park?

I haven't really followed the fortunes of both bands but it sounds unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Wow Eyesore that song has good vibes to it, but it's not STP!

Weird, Velvet Revolver fires Weiland and they still haven't got a new singer..

STP fires Weiland and they land a new singer in a few weeks.......

I hate what's going on with Weiland but man I really have started liking
that 2010 STP album a lot. I just started playing it again and really
rediscovered a great album. IMO it's better than anything else they
have done other than their first 2 of course.

edit: BTW, here is a yahoo link about the new voice of STP if you want to check it out:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/stone-temple-pilots-flight-famous-lead-singer-212145071.html
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:31 am

Kind of intrigued by the "new song" I had no idea they found a replacement. I'll give it a try but to me it isnt STP just me though....

Weiland's been working on a "Weiland and the Runabouts" album and touring I think they resume touring soon.

2010's album was good, I still hold to Tiny Music that was the album that made me a solid fan.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 7:49 am

Getizzyback wrote:

edit: BTW, here is a yahoo link about the new voice of STP if you want to check it out:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/stone-temple-pilots-flight-famous-lead-singer-212145071.html

With Slash's solo career booming, VR is not a priority.

I think that song w/ Bennington sounds like an STP song...the chorus is very STP...just a different voice.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:22 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

With Slash's solo career booming, VR is not a priority.

I think that song w/ Bennington sounds like an STP song...the chorus is very STP...just a different voice.

Agree - it sounds like an STP song and it's catchier than anything on the 2010 album. I guess the rest of the band got tired of putting up with Weiland, pretty much the same thing that happened with Velvet Revolver.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:34 am

I loathe Linkin Park, but this tune sounds good, like Shawn said, STP but with a different voice.

I take it Chester will be active in both bands, I can't imagine him giving up Linkin Park, who have a hugely successful career.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:27 am

I'm not a fan of that Chester guy (or Linkin Park for that matter) but I'll give this a fair shake. The studio clip sounded decent enough and I've enjoyed the other non-Scott fronted bands featuring the STP guys. I'd imagine this will be no different than Talk Show or Army of Anyone.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 4:38 pm

I tried to listen to this yesterday but my computer was being stupid. So I finally got to hear it. The new song sounds ok, but I listened to the live stuff and his voice is just too annoying, almost whiny sounding. I'll pick the new album up but I won't see them live. I'm not a Linkin Park fan at all.

I'm really surprised they just didn't do another band like they usually do when they fire Scott haha. Really though I guess they figure every time they did do that those albums didn't sell very well. It just shows you, No one cares unless they use their name. Then people are going to bitch and moan like with Queensryche, and countless other bands that its not the same band without the original singer. The guys a drug addict douche, and he does nothing but hold them back so I'm glad they finally decided to kick him out and just keep the name cause the fans will get over it, like they always do. Its a little disappointing its the guy from Linkin Park, for me personally, but whatever, I hope it works.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:12 pm

I find it hilarious that so many of you dislike Linkin Park but like STP. lol!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:42 pm

I quite liked Linkin Park when they first hit it big. I thought that they had a cool 'Depeche Mode' kind of thing going on. Then they were on the radio every five minutes and I got over them real quick.

I have always liked his voice though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Why? I'd be one of them - don't like Linkin Park but like STP (the first three albums anyway). I was surprised at how well the Linkin Park guy fits in with STP
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:

why? They sound nothing alike. I was a late listener to STP, I hated them for the first 3 albums.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:

If STP had a DJ as a permanent member, I would hate them as well.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 6:14 pm

'Core' was come of the greatest metal of the 90's.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:14 pm

manny wrote:
I loathe Linkin Park, but this tune sounds good, like Shawn said, STP but with a different voice.

I take it Chester will be active in both bands, I can't imagine him giving up Linkin Park, who have a hugely successful career.

In the interview I heard this morning on KROQ, he said LP is still front and center for him, but he is committed to STP as well. I liked the tune, it could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm sorry but I hear not an ounce of rock and roll in the guy's voice. Just need to be blunt and brief.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:

STP has somewhat of a 70's vibe and LP doesn't.

I prefer turntables for playing music with, not making something that some "consider" to be music.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Why is that? I don't see the musical kinship between Linkin Park and STP?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:34 pm

manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Why is that? I don't see the musical kinship between Linkin Park and STP?

I guess because we're only supposed to like bands for their singers.

As far as this vocalist change, although he is a good singer I don't think his voice fits this band. He just sounds like a kid.

I don't blame them one bit for keeping the name though. It's all about the brand! Just ask Gene $immon$.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:38 pm

I have no problem with DJ's making music (with or without inverted commas) but even I fail to see why liking STP and not Linkin Park is a problem, I think that a lot of fans of STP are unlikely to dig what LP are trying to do. It's pretty much apples & oranges.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:11 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm sorry but I hear not an ounce of rock and roll in the guy's voice. Just need to be blunt and brief.

Feeling the same here.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:50 am

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
STP has somewhat of a 70's vibe and LP doesn't.

I prefer turntables for playing music with, not making something that some "consider" to be music.
Silly argument on music. Creating that kind of music is just as difficult as creating music with guitars and drums, etc. The only people who suggest otherwise are those who have no idea how to create music like that.

That said, I should have clarified my original comment. This is what happens when I post comments with my phone—it's always short. I'm not talking about the two bands sounding the same; I'm talking about perception.

There are bands out there that, among metal fans, are "okay" to like, for whatever reason. Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Alter Bridge, Foo Fighters, Rage Against the Machine, etc. Those bands are generally bands that metal fans either like or at least respect. Like Foo Fighters. I remember when metal fans trashed Foo Fighters, but then Dave did the Probot album, and all of a sudden perception of him and his music did a complete 180. Now he's generally praised by all.

But then there are other bands, like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Nickelback, Creed, who generate nearly nothing but negative comments in the metal community. And for no discernible reason. I don't get it.

I understand that tastes are subjective, but when this sort of reaction gets to be so common and predictable, I think it says less about subjectivity and more about trends and perspective.

And the only people who will even entertain this theory are those who don't dislike Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, etc. =)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:30 am

I don't like STP or Linkin Park...or Alter Bridge, Creed, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback or Velvet Revolver. I like some Foo Fighters (and I liked them prior to the Probot project) and some Rage Against The Machine (though the vocalist drives me bats most of the time). I'm okay with the first couple Alice In Chains albums (though I haven't owned anything by them since the mid-90s). For the most part the main problem I have with many of the above mentioned groups is I find them to be primarily dull.

I definitely never cared whether I was *supposed* to like any of those bands or not.

P.S. - I have respect for DJs, a lot more art involved there than most people realize.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:41 am

Eyesore wrote:
Silly argument on music. Creating that kind of music is just as difficult as creating music with guitars and drums, etc. The only people who suggest otherwise are those who have no idea how to create music like that.

you sure are having issues with context tonight don\'t know

I just stated my preference and said "zip", "nadda", "nothng" about difficulty in creating.

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: