Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots

Go down 
+21
Svengo
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
corplhicks
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
Troublezone
stormspell
Boris2008
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Addy
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
exact33
Getizzyback
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Empty
PostSubject: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:02 pm

This was put on their facebook page last night.........

February 27th, 2013 - "Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland - no further information is available at this time".

I guess there's some patching up with Slash and Duff to do.......
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 pm

of course Scott replies on his facebook....

"I learned of my supposed “termination” from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press. Not sure how I can be “terminated” from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that’s something for the lawyers to figure out. In the meantime, I’m looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday".
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:44 pm

send lawyers, guns and money!

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Allows the other guys to pay a new singer 1/10 of what he is making and split the remainder amongst themselves.

It's the nature of the music business these days with tighter margins. Not to mention that he didn't seem to be pulling his weight.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:05 am

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with anything outside of Weiland being a waste. Slash said months ago that he was going to be booted from STP, right after squashing Weiland's claims that Velvet Revolver were getting back together.

Weiland is a mess.

Weiland's statement, though, has shades of Geoff Tate in it. If he starts his own version of STP, I'm calling bullshit on all this two-band nonsense. I've already been wondering if this is all made-up drama to fleece the fans and potentially double profits.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:40 am

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186880

Singer Scott Weiland claims that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' announcement of his "termination" from the band is nothing more than a publicity stunt in order to hype an upcoming concert tour.

Speaking to TMZ.com at the Los Angeles airport prior to the launch of his new solo tour, Weiland said: "STP is not broken up. It's a whole thing to try to boost ticket sales."

According to Scott, there the members of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS are forbidden from using the name STP on another group unless all the individual musicians are involved.

Asked if he's still fronting the band, he replied, "I started it."
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 am

I am probably the biggest STP / Weiland fan on this board and everything but the last post i just read I already knew, but heres a few things that were not mentioined......

First Slash needs to keep his F****** mouth shut he should have left it at squashing a VR reunion and talk about his solo career. I lost all respect for Slash for that comment despite the truth or lack there of. When asked by Rolling Stone about Slash he didnt talk shi* on him he told his side of it plain and simple.

Second.... Weiland is starting a solo tour with a his new band that he's called the Wildabouts they are touring for about a month or so, this I believe was already in the works ( before slash started running his mouth) then will take a break and continuing working on a new album and then hit the road again so Weiland is not a mess he's busy. What are the other guys in STP doing? Nothing theyre being vague and the fact they did not cite reasons knowing full well that the question of why would be raised tells me that Weiland's claims are close to the mark. But I concede theres two sides to the story. Of course on the upcoming tour hes playing alot of material from Core and Purple but hes not making his version of STP hes doing his own thing.

Third...... Weiland wanted to do another tour with STP where they played Core in it's entirity but nobody else wanted to do that, Weiland also had said that he wanted to do a new album with STP bring some fresh new blood in the new album instead of playing the same ole hits. Apparently they did not want that either.

Fourth..... I dont believe they can fire him because Weiland started the band with one of the DeLeo brothers, Weiland wrote most of the hits, he fronted the bands in the eyes of alot of people he IS Stone Temple Pilots, I personally foresee some legal battle if this escalates.

I dont know if its a publicity stunt personally if so then I think its in poor taste.

Oh go to www.rollingstone.com theres an interview with Weiland that was conducted a few days before this all went public that talks about STP, VR, his solo career, etc....

Last edited by Addy on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 am

Time to resurrect Talk Show. I like that album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:48 am

Scott's Temple Pilots, perhaps? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:21 am

Yeah, Scott's not a mess, he's busy. It's why everyone loves him so.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah cuz you know whats going on and youre in the inner circle and everything so yeah you know....yeah ok

Im sure if this was happening to one of YOUR favorite bands you'd be less quick to be a smartass

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:21 am

I'm really tired of these band "wars" being waged via the press. If it isn't a publicity stunt then why not do it behind closed doors where it should remain?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:23 am

if it IS a publicity stunt its a really piss poor one

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 am

Addy wrote:
Yeah cuz you know whats going on and youre in the inner circle and everything so yeah you know....yeah ok

Im sure if this was happening to one of YOUR favorite bands you'd be less quick to be a smartass

You're taking this a little too personal aren't you?

I'd venture to say that just about all of us here at one time or another had their favorite bands go thru some sort of drama. STP doesn't get anymore of a pass than Queensryche, Great White, LA Guns, GnR, Aerosmith or any other band that chooses to air their dirty laundry on the internet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:44 am

I'm a fan of what Weiland has contributed to outside of his rather boring solo stuff, but I don't know how anyone can defend the guy who everyone says is a total junkie asshole. Sorry.

And let's be honest here, STP is not his band.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm a fan of what Weiland has contributed to outside of his rather boring solo stuff, but I don't know how anyone can defend the guy who everyone says is a total junkie asshole. Sorry.

And let's be honest here, STP is not his band.

Never said it was his band, he was ONE of the founders him and ONE of the DeLeo Brothers

Quote :

You obviously dont know me very well do you.....

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Addy wrote:

Quote :

Welp, probably slightly less than I personally know ANYONE on these boards. Which is to say "not well at all".

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 pm

I am a fan of STP also, but maybe the reason that have not recorded an new album in years is because Weiland is unrealiable, untrustworthy drug addict?

I don't know Slash, Weiland or the DeLeo brothers, but in separte interviews done years apart both Slash and they have said the same thing about him, and the fact is Weiland has cost the band money by being unable to tour, by being unreliable and by not getting his shit together.

Addy, don't confuse the art with the artist. He is very talented but also very troubled soul, that is not speculation that is a fact.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Quote :

Not really. If you read what I right about 'ryche and Megadeth, i'm willing to slag and I love those bands. Equal opportunity smartass is my motto. Do you ever wonder why everything Weiland is part of goes in the flusher?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Manny is correct - from the separate interviews and Weiland's own interviews and book, he is an addict. If he actually got his shit together and could prove it to Slash and the DeLeo bros, he could be doing both bands.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:

Quote :

Welp, probably slightly less than I personally know ANYONE on these boards. Which is to say "not well at all".

I owe you an apology , I felt your post was very saracastic and I responded in kind I am sorry
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:52 pm

manny wrote:
I am a fan of STP also, but maybe the reason that have not recorded an new album in years is because Weiland is unrealiable, untrustworthy drug addict?

I don't know Slash, Weiland or the DeLeo brothers, but in separte interviews done years apart both Slash and they have said the same thing about him, and the fact is Weiland has cost the band money by being unable to tour, by being unreliable and by not getting his shit together.

Addy, don't confuse the art with the artist. He is very talented but also very troubled soul, that is not speculation that is a fact.

What bothers me is that everybody assumes its Weiland, and that he's using again I like to give him the benefit of the doubt, I mean he's like this is whats going on this is what happened (on his perspective there are 2) and the bandmates are just like we got rid of him. Just because an addict falls on some bumpy times doesnt automatically make it his fault. He's human like the rest of us, he makes mistakes like the rest of us read that interview with him on Rolling Stone's website. Sorry but the fact the band didnt confirm or deny Slash's motor-mouth from the get go raises flags.

I dont know Slash or Weiland or the DeLeo brothers either but based on the stuff Ive read by and on Slash and Weiland I would be more apt to want to know Weiland. Slash seems like a very non forgiving person. Ever think the stuff in GNR was not ALL Axl? I know I am degressing but it makes me think ya know? I admit Weiland tends to jump the gun a bit, and has had his share of problems but I seriously doubt that any of those band members lived 100% clean lives either. But yet they are not scrutinized. Why? Because Weiland is the face of the band. going back to the jump the gun bit, Maybe the guy's enthusiastic about the music he makes. I am not saying he has his shit together but we dont know what goes on in the day to day life. What pissed me off more about this situation from the get go was Slash running his mouth. Its none of his business , Should have left the squashing of a VR reunion and left it at that.

I am sorry but this is a band Ive been passionate about one of the few bands I get excited about anymore. And nothing anybody says will change my feelings or my mind
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Manny is correct - from the separate interviews and Weiland's own interviews and book, he is an addict. If he actually got his shit together and could prove it to Slash and the DeLeo bros, he could be doing both bands.

Yes he is an addict and always will be an addict but just because of that should not mean that if something goes wrong its automatically his fault. I find that type of thinking stereotyping. Like assuming cuz of someones skin color something bad is going to happen. Addicts are people too, I know a few personally they deserve the benefit of the doubt like everybody else.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Addy wrote:
manny wrote:

What bothers me is that everybody assumes its Weiland, and that he's using again I like to give him the benefit of the doubt, I mean he's like this is whats going on this is what happened (on his perspective there are 2) and the bandmates are just like we got rid of him. Just because an addict falls on some bumpy times doesnt automatically make it his fault. He's human like the rest of us, he makes mistakes like the rest of us read that interview with him on Rolling Stone's website. Sorry but the fact the band didnt confirm or deny Slash's motor-mouth from the get go raises flags.

I dont know Slash or Weiland or the DeLeo brothers either but based on the stuff Ive read by and on Slash and Weiland I would be more apt to want to know Weiland. Slash seems like a very non forgiving person. Ever think the stuff in GNR was not ALL Axl? I know I am degressing but it makes me think ya know? I admit Weiland tends to jump the gun a bit, and has had his share of problems but I seriously doubt that any of those band members lived 100% clean lives either. But yet they are not scrutinized. Why? Because Weiland is the face of the band. going back to the jump the gun bit, Maybe the guy's enthusiastic about the music he makes. I am not saying he has his shit together but we dont know what goes on in the day to day life. What pissed me off more about this situation from the get go was Slash running his mouth. Its none of his business , Should have left the squashing of a VR reunion and left it at that.

I am sorry but this is a band Ive been passionate about one of the few bands I get excited about anymore. And nothing anybody says will change my feelings or my mind

Is Weiland your dad? Shocked

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Addy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:

Quote :

I owe you an apology , I felt your post was very saracastic and I responded in kind I am sorry

No worries. It's all good. I was just wondering why you got so upset over some stupid comments from jokers like us.

I get being passionate about a band. Like you with STP, I'm probably the biggest fan on these boards for a little band named Guns n' Roses. While I do my fair share of busting on Axl (c'mon, who can resist?), I'm also one of the few 'round here that steps in to defend him. Sometimes anyway. So I get it.

But I also don't get my undies in a knot over other people's bashing of them or claiming they know the "real" reason Axl showed up 5 hours late or how big a douche Slash might be. Truth is, none of us know anything about the real reasons these bands do what they do. We can guess and speculate and theorize, but we don't know.

You want to defend the band? That's cool. They need more fans like you. But I'm not gonna curtail my snarky remarks about the ridiculousness of the situation for them or any other band that pulls this crap. It's what makes coming here to the HoM fun.

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next