Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots

Go down 
+21
Svengo
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
corplhicks
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
Troublezone
stormspell
Boris2008
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Addy
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
exact33
Getizzyback
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:03 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm really tired of these band "wars" being waged via the press. If it isn't a publicity stunt then why not do it behind closed doors where it should remain?

same here. This has gone to the absurd stage.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Most of my favorite records of all time have been made by unreliable junkie assholes. lol!

Seriously though, all of this public feuding is really boring. It's pretty obvious that Scott Weiland is the only person who has the right to use the name Queensryche as all of the members of Queensyrche (past & present) have always secretly wanted to be Scott Weiland.

Problem solved! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Addy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I'm a fan of what Weiland has contributed to outside of his rather boring solo stuff, but I don't know how anyone can defend the guy who everyone says is a total junkie asshole. Sorry.

And let's be honest here, STP is not his band.
Never said it was his band, he was ONE of the founders him and ONE of the DeLeo Brothers
No, Weiland said it is his band.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey addy, i'm not assuming Scott is using but we know he is difficult to work with. No offense meant.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Addy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I'm a fan of what Weiland has contributed to outside of his rather boring solo stuff, but I don't know how anyone can defend the guy who everyone says is a total junkie asshole. Sorry.

And let's be honest here, STP is not his band.
Never said it was his band, he was ONE of the founders him and ONE of the DeLeo Brothers
No, Weiland said it is his band.

Rumor has it he called Geoff Tate and asked him the best way to handle the situation........

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Hey addy, i'm not assuming Scott is using but we know he is difficult to work with. No offense meant.

It's possible he's not..... we'll know soon enough when the clips of his solo tour end up on youtube......

The first two STP albums are classics in my book
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Even if its not drugs, it had be some bad blood between Weiland and the rest of the STP lads. As much as I liked Army of Anyone and Talk Show, nobody else did, so for them to fire the face and voice of STP, and lose out on the potential revenue, it has to be pretty bad for them to fire him.

I also think they will all kiss and make up before the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:14 pm

I didn't even know this band is still around... now I'm sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Addy wrote:
manny wrote:
I am a fan of STP also, but maybe the reason that have not recorded an new album in years is because Weiland is unrealiable, untrustworthy drug addict?

I don't know Slash, Weiland or the DeLeo brothers, but in separte interviews done years apart both Slash and they have said the same thing about him, and the fact is Weiland has cost the band money by being unable to tour, by being unreliable and by not getting his shit together.

Addy, don't confuse the art with the artist. He is very talented but also very troubled soul, that is not speculation that is a fact.

What bothers me is that everybody assumes its Weiland, and that he's using again I like to give him the benefit of the doubt, I mean he's like this is whats going on this is what happened (on his perspective there are 2) and the bandmates are just like we got rid of him. Just because an addict falls on some bumpy times doesnt automatically make it his fault. He's human like the rest of us, he makes mistakes like the rest of us read that interview with him on Rolling Stone's website. Sorry but the fact the band didnt confirm or deny Slash's motor-mouth from the get go raises flags.

I dont know Slash or Weiland or the DeLeo brothers either but based on the stuff Ive read by and on Slash and Weiland I would be more apt to want to know Weiland. Slash seems like a very non forgiving person. Ever think the stuff in GNR was not ALL Axl? I know I am degressing but it makes me think ya know? I admit Weiland tends to jump the gun a bit, and has had his share of problems but I seriously doubt that any of those band members lived 100% clean lives either. But yet they are not scrutinized. Why? Because Weiland is the face of the band. going back to the jump the gun bit, Maybe the guy's enthusiastic about the music he makes. I am not saying he has his shit together but we dont know what goes on in the day to day life. What pissed me off more about this situation from the get go was Slash running his mouth. Its none of his business , Should have left the squashing of a VR reunion and left it at that.

I am sorry but this is a band Ive been passionate about one of the few bands I get excited about anymore. And nothing anybody says will change my feelings or my mind

Is Weiland your dad? Shocked

Not unless he was having kids at like 5 years old, and if so then Damn wheres my inheritance check I's be poar!

Last edited by Addy on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:

Quote :
You're taking this a little too personal aren't you?

You obviously dont know me very well do you.....

Welp, probably slightly less than I personally know ANYONE on these boards. Which is to say "not well at all".

I owe you an apology , I felt your post was very saracastic and I responded in kind I am sorry

No worries. It's all good. I was just wondering why you got so upset over some stupid comments from jokers like us.

I get being passionate about a band. Like you with STP, I'm probably the biggest fan on these boards for a little band named Guns n' Roses. While I do my fair share of busting on Axl (c'mon, who can resist?), I'm also one of the few 'round here that steps in to defend him. Sometimes anyway. So I get it.

But I also don't get my undies in a knot over other people's bashing of them or claiming they know the "real" reason Axl showed up 5 hours late or how big a douche Slash might be. Truth is, none of us know anything about the real reasons these bands do what they do. We can guess and speculate and theorize, but we don't know.

You want to defend the band? That's cool. They need more fans like you. But I'm not gonna curtail my snarky remarks about the ridiculousness of the situation for them or any other band that pulls this crap. It's what makes coming here to the HoM fun.

I used to be a very big fan of Guns N Roses and still am to a degree I was gonna say more but I forgot at the moment, guess i need to wake up some more and have some coffee if it comes back to me ill repost. I think what set me off was just the preceived attitude towards addicts (On top of trash talking my #2 favorite singer (David Bowie is #1) ) it just hit a little too close to home

Exact - It depends where ya reading it, In his autobiography he talks about how he and one of the DeLeo brothers started STP, but I dont think it's HIS band either but you gotta admit hes the face and voice of STP

Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

I guess Scott is showing Axl he can be an Axl for 2 bands.....

lol, J/K

The crazy thing is, and I hate to admit it, but Scott's vocals are the trademarks
of both STP and VR, and no way can either group continue without him.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Getizzyback wrote:

lol, J/K

The crazy thing is, and I hate to admit it, but Scott's vocals are the trademarks

And Scott will go nowhere with his solo records either.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:50 am

Troublezone wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

lol, J/K

And Scott will go nowhere with his solo records either.
Yeah, he might be the voice of those bands, but he's not a very strong songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:37 am

Weilands had more success in his solo career than the dudes in STP have ever had in theirs. Just sayin.....

Quote :

lol, J/K

LOL , I agree big time, and I honestly dont think that they will ever continue on as VR without him. I was reading last night that One of the guys from Pearl Jam, Duff McKagan and the drummer from the Screaming Trees are putting together a new supergroup, no name yet and no singer yet. I laugh a bit because thats how VR started out. But I am curious on this new group as Ive always been a fan of Duff.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Damn singers...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:02 pm

LSD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Damn singers...

maybe their singer can do sign language instead of actual singing hehe
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 pm

manny wrote:
As much as I liked Army of Anyone and Talk Show, nobody else did.

I like that Talk Show album. Just busted out this week in light of all the drama. Reminds me of the more mellow moments of STP. Not quite as rocking, but a good listen. Heard of them, but never actually heard Army of Anyone. Worth a listen, you say?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Weiland now wants to fight the audience.

Link to clip:
http://www.mobypicture.com/user/jasonpijut/view/14927885

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187289

Scott Weiland challenged an audience member to fight him during the former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and VELVET REVOLVER singer's solo concert in New York City this past Saturday night (March 9).

The rocker — who is touring with his solo band, THE WILDABOUTS — confronted a heckling fan at Irving Plaza, telling the man in the crowd: "So you're f*cking pulling that f*cking, like, gun shit off on me? Then come up and meet me one on one, man. You play a tough guy from an audience behind a barricade. I'd love to. Yeah, that guy, trust me."

He continued: "I just don't get it. Guys like you f*cking waste your money." Then he added to the security staff: "Actually, let him stay here and just get all f*cking riled up. He won’t be able to sleep tonight."

Video footage of the incident can be found at this location.

Weiland's 20-city run of dates feature him performing songs from the first two STONE TEMPLE PILOTS albums, 1992's "Core" and 1994's "Purple".

THE WILDABOUTS consist of multi-instrumentalist Doug Grean, bassist Tommy Black, drummer Dan Thompson and guitarist Jeremy Brown.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I like that Talk Show album. Just busted out this week in light of all the drama. Reminds me of the more mellow moments of STP. Not quite as rocking, but a good listen. Heard of them, but never actually heard Army of Anyone. Worth a listen, you say?

It is, it should have been called Stone Filter Pilots because it sounds like a combo of both bands, not very surprising considering who the frontman is
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Sounds like dude is hittin that vein again lame The ol' proverbial can-o-man in a syringe.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 pm

It did seem like he was using before the gig in that clip......
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:03 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

It is, it should have been called Stone Filter Pilots because it sounds like a combo of both bands, not very surprising considering who the frontman is

This one slipped past me at the time of release. I wasn't much of a Filter fan, so I probably just glazed over it. In light of all the recent STP drama, I revisted the Talk Show album and found it to be quite enjoyable (even though my copy skips in 2 places. Grrr!). With that in mind, I went ahead and nabbed a copy of Army of Anyone off of Amazon for $2. Should arrive sometime this week.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Link to clip:

Scott Weiland challenged an audience member to fight him during the former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and VELVET REVOLVER singer's solo concert in New York City this past Saturday night (March 9).

The rocker — who is touring with his solo band, THE WILDABOUTS — confronted a heckling fan at Irving Plaza, telling the man in the crowd: "So you're f*cking pulling that f*cking, like, gun shit off on me? Then come up and meet me one on one, man. You play a tough guy from an audience behind a barricade. I'd love to. Yeah, that guy, trust me."

He continued: "I just don't get it. Guys like you f*cking waste your money." Then he added to the security staff: "Actually, let him stay here and just get all f*cking riled up. He won’t be able to sleep tonight."

Weiland's 20-city run of dates feature him performing songs from the first two STONE TEMPLE PILOTS albums, 1992's "Core" and 1994's "Purple".

THE WILDABOUTS consist of multi-instrumentalist Doug Grean, bassist Tommy Black, drummer Dan Thompson and guitarist Jeremy Brown.
Well, if the guy was making a "gun" gesture at him I'd want to fight the guy, too. You don't do that crap at shows these days.

So I can't fault Weiland for that. However, he is WASTED in that clip, which is sad. =(
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Link to clip:

Well, if the guy was making a "gun" gesture at him I'd want to fight the guy, too. You don't do that crap at shows these days.

So I can't fault Weiland for that. However, he is WASTED in that clip, which is sad. =(

I was thinking along the same lines. I generally don't have a problem with performers calling someone out for being a dick. Was Scott out of it? Eh, I dunno, probably.

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next