Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stone Temple Pilots

Go down 
+16
YngwieDokkenfan
Addy
metalinmyveins
XYZ
the sentinel
rattpoison
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalH
Shiney
Orion Crystal Ice
Lurideath
manny
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Stone Temple Pilots Empty
PostSubject: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:27 pm

I couldn't believe they were no threads on STP, do they not have any fans that belong to this board(besides me) ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:30 pm

manny wrote:
I couldn't believe they were no threads on STP, do they not have any fans that belong to this board(besides me) ?

Wrong forum...

But yeah, I like them...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:40 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

Wrong forum...

But yeah, I like them...

STP could be considered metal, they are certainly heavier than alot of bands that are considered metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:42 pm

Quote :
Wrong forum...

Hard music goes in any forum. Pop and other stuff goes in the other forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Oh dear God...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Denium are you saying that STP is considered pop music?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:49 pm

manny wrote:
Denium are you saying that STP is considered pop music?

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Oh dear God...

I see Trog's online, maybe he'll move it for you. lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Oh dear God...

I see Trog's online, maybe he'll move it for you. lol!

That would be cool thanks Cool
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Not a fan whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Better them on the radio than Pearl Jam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 pm

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:

Wrong forum...

But yeah, I like them...
STP could be considered metal, they are certainly heavier than alot of bands that are considered metal.
They could be considered metal...if you had never heard metal. They were only ever "heavy" on the first album, and that was relative to the alt-rock genre which they belong. Call them alt-metal if you must, but they were alt-rock in my book.

And I dig them. I think Shangri La Dee Da is a very underrated album, too.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:30 pm

never really cared for them....

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:32 pm

They were OK. But I never got past thinking they were kind of a second tier band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:33 pm

To me, they took every cliche of grunge,a nd made music out of it. Kinda like the danger Danger of grunge or alt rock. Whatever you want to call it.

That being said, I'd rather hear them than Nirvana or Soundgarden.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 pm

STP is much more palatable to me than a lot of the other music of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:
They were OK. But I never got past thinking they were kind of a second tier band.

Pretty much the same for me. They were never to the level of Alice In Chains or that first Pearl Jam album, IMO.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm

I like em - and this thread does belong in the ROCK forum
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:15 pm

Like all the big five or six grunge bands, I like them more in principle than in practice due to them all gettting beat to death on the radio.
Anyone really into STP might check out the band New Idol Sun from the mid 90's. Similar, and usually available reel cheep.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:18 pm

I put them in these form because description reads "The place for hard rock and heavy metal in general" , being STP are hard rock band that is why placed them here, as for Eyesore's comment they would only be considered heavy metal if you had never heard of heavy metal, that would depend how big of an umbrella does the term heavy metal cover, is it form that is limited to certain sound, certain kinds of bands etc, but that discussion would be for another thread, you'll find that'll you get as many as different opinions as you will find on any subject regarding music , since you will be hard pressed to find any two fans who will agree who should or shouldn't be listed as heavy metal, that being said "I think Shangri La Dee Da is a very underrated album, too." I would have to agree with that statement.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Sex Type Thing is a killer song that could pass for metal but other than that they're Alt Hard Rock.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:46 am

I love'em. My favorite band of the alternative era (not that I liked many of those bands in the first place...).
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:13 am

STP are a hard rock band....so they can be discussed in the main forum for "Hard Rock and Heavy Metal music". Remember when my Soundgarden thread got moved by an over zealous mod from the main forum to the rock forum....caused quite a ruckus!

Never got how these bands get labelled alternative or alt-rock. STP, Candlebox, Bush etc. were your basic hard rock bands that absorbed the trends and characterstics of the day namely from the surprise success of the Seattle Scene. Their was nothing alternative about them. Just a bunch of phony rock bands who changed stripes to whatever was popular at the time.

That's why you get all these hardcore 80's/Hair/Classic Metal fans who show blind disdain and hatred for the original Seattle bands but say things like...."But STP and Candlebox were alright".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:26 am

" Just a bunch of phony rock bands who changed stripes to whatever was popular at the time."

I wonder sometimes where your logic comes from. That comment is categorically ridiculous. You act as if these guys were 80s rock bands before "changing stripes."
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
" Just a bunch of phony rock bands who changed stripes to whatever was popular at the time."

I wonder sometimes where your logic comes from. That comment is categorically ridiculous. You act as if these guys were 80s rock bands before "changing stripes."

Maybe saying the changing stripes thing eluded to you thinking that i thought they were 80's rock bands, but that's not what i believe or mean. Maybe i should of said adapt stripes.

What i mean to say is these bands are your basic hard rock bands that could exist in any decade. Their followers and not leaders, they come a couple of years late to the party while taking in the sound of the surprise sucess. They adapt it and sell it in huge numbers to the numb public.

Could you not imagine Candlebox being a ballad driven AOR leaning Hair Metal band from 1987 signed to a major label!

If Nirvana existed 5 or so years before they formed they'd still be the same type of band toiling away.

Do you get what i'm saying?

These post-grunge bands are not alternative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stone Temple Pilots   Stone Temple Pilots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stone Temple Pilots
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: