Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots

Go down 
+21
Svengo
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
corplhicks
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
Troublezone
stormspell
Boris2008
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Addy
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
exact33
Getizzyback
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 11:56 am

ok I remember from reading that he was hired to do vocals for their first album and would be their singer until they had a perm replacement. Even the guys in the band mainly Thal or Bumblefoot said that his priority was the Wildabouts. But to call them a sham or scam is ridiculous they put out some good music.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:50 am

With Scott disowning them, Bumblefoot doing his own stuff and the bassist presumably back in Disturbed, I don't expect to hear anymore from Art of Anarchy which is a shame. It's a good album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
With Scott disowning them, Bumblefoot doing his own stuff and the bassist presumably back in Disturbed, I don't expect to hear anymore from Art of Anarchy which is a shame. It's a good album.

It's a great album! I'm really enjoying it.

Also just got the 2CD edition of Happy In Galoshes today. It was just $4.72 on Amazon, with free Prime shipping! Thanks for the heads-up. =)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:59 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's a great album! I'm really enjoying it.

Also just got the 2CD edition of Happy In Galoshes today. It was just $4.72 on Amazon, with free Prime shipping! Thanks for the heads-up. =)

No problem. I think I paid about the same through GoHastings, via ebay.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 12:56 pm

I got the 2 disk set of Happy in Golashes when it came out it came with a Tshirt at that time.

I like it, I like what ive heard from Art of Anarchy had alot of potential

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:19 pm

STP are looking for another new lead singer. Chester up & quit...

Quote :
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have officially parted ways with singer Chester Bennington.

Chester said in a statement: "The last few years have been an amazing experience. I got to create and perform with one of the greatest rock bands of our generation, that had so much influence on me growing up. With the amount of time STP deserves, in addition to being in LINKIN PARK, and with the needs of my family, one of them always seems to fall short.

"Going in to this, the four of us... Robert [DeLeo, bass], Eric [Kretz, drums], Dean [DeLeo, guitar] and myself knew what we were up against. We decided in due fairness to friends, fans and the legacy of STP that it needs more than time was allowing me. And in all fairness to my bandmates in LINKIN PARK, as well as to myself and to my family, I'm going to focus solely on LINKIN PARK so I can contribute 100%.

"It's been an amazing experience and a dream come true, and I look forward to the future of both STP and LINKIN PARK."

Added the remaning members of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS: "What an amazing and beautiful few years we've all had together. It was our honor to play and see all of you recently on tour.

"We have thoroughly enjoyed our time together with Chester not only professionally, but even more so on a personal level. Sadly, it was evident that scheduling and time was working against us. Within this, there is a new beginning. There is an abundance of new music written, some of which is already recorded.

"We have had the fortune of playing with some very talented singers over the last few months and will continue to do so until each of us feels and knows when the right person arrives."

The speculation of STP's split with Bennington started when the band's original singer, Scott Weiland, told Alternative Nation that Chester was no longer with the band.

Said Weiland: "He's not in the band anymore. Chester's got a band, LINKIN PARK, where he gets paid $700,000 a night with, and with STP, the brand is kind of falling apart, which is a shame."

That sucks. I really liked the ep they did with him and was looking forward to a new album with old Chet at the helm. Oh well, guess he knows where his bread is buttered. Can't blame him for that.

In the meantime, here's the band performing with Joss Stone...

Meh. Adding horns to something that didn't originally have horns is a mortal sin if you ask me.

PostSubject: Re: Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots   Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Weiland axed from Stone Temple Pilots
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7