Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOKKEN

Go down 
+49
brokentulsa
nevermore
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
journeyman
Arjun_M
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
SpectreFate
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
DeathCult
Mujer Serene
firestarter
arttieTHE1manparty
onrypt
bassman
James B.
speed101
metalheaded
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Rex
Tall Tyrion
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Getizzyback
MetalFRO
the sentinel
7thSaviour
stepcousin
metalken
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
7thSecond
Lari
thejokeriv
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:02 am

Some news from Dokken, personally I think the songs should not be re-recorded but here it is:

Dokken are re-recording some of their most popular songs.
The Los Angeles band, led by Don Dokken, will release this as yet untitled album through Deadline/Cleopatra next Spring.
Apart from classics such as Dream Warriors and Breaking The Chains, the album will also have two new songs and two covers.
A single, Almost Over, is due early in 2010
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:06 am

Quote :
Dokken are re-recording some of their most popular songs.

This trend is starting to get a little old now. It was fun for awhile and good if the original material was hard-to-find or horribly produced, but now it's just getting old. And in Dokken's case, are the songs gonna be that much different? I'm not the biggest Dokken fan, but I like the classics. I'll stick with them.

And now I'm becoming more jaded towards the trend because it seems like it's more about cutting old members out of new royalities than "doing it for the fans".

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 am

I don't mind if they do like Journey did and include it with a new album but I don't see the need for a single album of redone work only.
Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:53 am

TheNazgul wrote:
I don't mind if they do like Journey did and include it with a new album but I don't see the need for a single album of redone work only.

You missed this...

the album will also have two new songs and two covers.
Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:00 pm

I wasn't clear. If it's with a whole album of new stuff, an album of redone stuff is ok with me. Two new songs doesn't cut it. I agree MG, it feels like cutting out past members from getting royalties.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 am

I'm a bit leary of them re-recording old classics too.

I'll still buy it though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Hell as truly frozen over:

On Sunday, February 21, guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE, DOKKEN) was interviewed on the "Turn It Up" show on the WSCA 106.1 FM radio station by host Jim Alvino. Topics discussed included the new albums by SOULS OF WE and LYNCH MOB, songwriting, recording with other artists, and the live shows that LYNCH MOB was the opener for DOKKEN. The discussion of songwriting led Lynch to reveal that he has been writing songs for a new DOKKEN album with the classic 1980s lineup.

To dig deeper into how this came together, Alvino asked if the live shows prompted this reunion.

Turn It Up: The shows that you did at the end of last year, with LYNCH MOB opening for DOKKEN, and at the end the classic lineup of DOKKEN playing together again, has that now blown up into that lineup working together again?

George Lynch: "Yes, actually it has. And that's something that isn't gonna happen for a little while. We all have our respective commitments, meaning Jeff, Mick, Don and myself are all real busy this year doing other things. But we've all made a commitment to each other to dedicate ourselves to getting back together. We've already got three songs on the table and we're gonna continue to write throughout the year and put the whole business together and probably go in the studio late fall or early winter of this year and then have a record out toward late spring of next year, and then hit the road."

The entire 27-minute interview in which Lynch discusses the new DOKKEN material as well as an update on SOULS OF WE, and the 13-minute post-interview discussion will be re-aired during "Turn It Up" on Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 p.m. EST.

To stream the show live, go to this location.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Damn. First Mustaine and Ellefson bury the hatchet, now Lynch and Dokken? The Apocalypse must be nigh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm fine with another album like "Lightning Strikes Again" with Don's present band. I'm tired of this half-assed reunion crap already! DOKKEN - Page 5 308838
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I'm fine with another album like "Lightning Strikes Again" with Don's present band. I'm tired of this half-assed reunion crap already! DOKKEN - Page 5 308838

I loved the "Lightning Strikes" album as well, but IF Don and George can put their differences aside, and capture something that's close to that of "Tooth & Nail" & "Under Lock & Key", then I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Wow, and Jeff Pilson is going to give up his lucrative gig with Foreigner, Mick Jones is even allowing Jeff Pilson to mix and produce their live CD's and albums, I am personally looking forward to any material the new Dokken put together but I will believe it when I see it.

But it makes sense to do a reunion now, with VH1 Classic, and general interest in all things metal at being at such a high now is the right time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:07 pm

In the case of Dokken and Lynch though, it seems a little, ummmm, I don't know what word I'm looking for here. Contrived maybe? Those guys have split-up and re-united more times than I care to remember already.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:33 pm

manny wrote:
Wow, and Jeff Pilson is going to give up his lucrative gig with Foreigner, Mick Jones is even allowing Jeff Pilson to mix and produce their live CD's and albums, I am personally looking forward to any material the new Dokken put together but I will believe it when I see it.

But it makes sense to do a reunion now, with VH1 Classic, and general interest in all things metal at being at such a high now is the right time.

I am willing to bet they do it during a Foreigner down time
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow Lynch and Dokken to record a new album? Sounds awesome.

But like someone else said -- I'll believe it when it happens. I won't be holding my breath either.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm not the biggest fan but the latest Dokken and Lynch Mob albums were decent. I'm sure something good will come of this as long as they can keep together through recording.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Who's retarded idea was this?

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-Re-Recorded-Remastered-Versions

Don sounds pretty bad on the old tunes. Listen to the clip of "The Hunter." BLECH! How the hell did that even make the album like that? He sounds sick!

The new song, on the other hand, sounds good:

Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Is Don kind of like Stephen Pearcy in that he doesn't sound near as good in a live setting as he does in studio?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:25 pm

metalheaded wrote:
Is Don kind of like Stephen Pearcy in that he doesn't sound near as good in a live setting as he does in studio?
He sounds his age, I guess. He voice didn't age well, but if he uses it and doesn't push it beyond its limits (as in those new clips), then he sounds fine.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:16 pm

This trend of re-recording your classic material has to stop!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:40 pm

manny wrote:
This trend of re-recording your classic material has to stop!!!!
I don't mind it. Hell, sometimes I prefer it. But make the damn things at least good, or better (Testament), or so different that it's somewhat warranted (Helloween). When the songs are re-recorded note for note, as it appears these Dokken tracks are, then what's the point? Especially when the recordings are worse!

I'd love Nevermore to re-record the two Sanctuary albums!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:48 pm

I sometimes do not mind the re recordings but even if they are superior I do not see the point, you can't re-write history, and you can't always catch lighting in a bottle twice. Plus, it will never replace the original, no matter how much better it sounds.

I also wish alot of these musicians would have used that studio time creating new music not trying to relive past glories.

On the topic of these Dokken remakes, he/they added nothing to the originals, actually as eyesore pointed out, they are not even done well!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:59 am

DOKKEN - Page 5 83628

Nothing surprising here, also no lack of information why they are not, but here is George Lynch's very short statement:

“We feel it’s important to let folks know there will be no Dokken reunion in the foreseeable future, if ever. This is Don’s decision, despite Jeff’s and my best intentions and efforts over the past few years to make this happen in good faith. My apologies to VH1, Eddie Trunk, Steve Strange and all the fans who were pulling for this to happen."

source: georgelynch.com
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:13 am

Not a big surprise here. Any time you get those two (Don and George) in the same room it's only a matter of time before somebody throws the first punch. Their "friendly" banter when they were on Eddie Trunk's show a while back seemed really forced and faked to me. You could tell they still don't have much use for one another.

Don's voice is pretty much shot to hell now too, from what I gather. So maybe it's time they put it to rest.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Not a big surprise here. Any time you get those two (Don and George) in the same room it's only a matter of time before somebody throws the first punch. Their "friendly" banter when they were on Eddie Trunk's show a while back seemed really forced and faked to me. You could tell they still don't have much use for one another.

Don's voice is pretty much shot to hell now too, from what I gather. So maybe it's time they put it to rest.

Don Dokken is getting surgery and voice training to get his voice back up to shape this year, and I agree it was very forced on Eddie Trunk's show, it seemed Don Dokken was trying very hard, you would think 50 year old men would learn to mend a few fences at this point in their lives.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Don's voice is beyond shot...Even though I enjoyed seeing them in October of 2009 at some small joint in Cincinnati, Don was completely raspy, and would point the mic into the audience during any of the high notes (this was especially notable during the song Dream Warriors).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DOKKEN - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOKKEN
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next