Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOKKEN

Go down 
+49
brokentulsa
nevermore
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
journeyman
Arjun_M
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
SpectreFate
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
DeathCult
Mujer Serene
firestarter
arttieTHE1manparty
onrypt
bassman
James B.
speed101
metalheaded
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Rex
Tall Tyrion
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Getizzyback
MetalFRO
the sentinel
7thSaviour
stepcousin
metalken
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
7thSecond
Lari
thejokeriv
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Well, it sounded like a good thing at first. Too bad. Best to let it go. We'll always have their original recordings to fall back on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:20 pm

I can't even pretend to care who's in and who's out of this band anymore. I'll stick with my orginal recordings and remember a time when George had two-tone hair.

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:09 am

Yeah ill stick to their first few albums.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:46 am

Some folks don't hear that call when it's time to call it a day. opinion

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Last night on Eddie Trunk's radio show, George Lynch had some interesting and brutally honest things to say about Dokken, the man and the band. Simply put, there will never be a full-on reunion again unless Don splits up the money equally, 25% to each of the 4 members like the "old days". Don says it's his name, his band, so he should get a bigger cut.

According to George, the Guitar Hero people approached him to use 'Mr. Scary' as a track. He said fine by him and although he wrote it himself, he was willing to take his 25% and give the other 75% to Mick, Jeff and Don. Then Don and his lawyers went in and blew the whole deal. And that kids, is why 'Mr. Scary' doesn't appear on Guitar Hero.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 pm

The exposure and the income alone should have convienced Don Dokken to agree to them allowing the song to be used in 'Guitar Hero', the current version of Dokken is not exactly filling up arenas, what a douche bag.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Yet one more example of a rock star with more ego than brains.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 pm

I loved old school Dokken.
We'd "cruise the strip" blasting Under Lock and Key.\'arry \'eadbanger
Good times!
I didn't know they had done anything new until I saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOsgqG5OOlM
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:21 pm

George Lynch confirmed on Eddie Trunk's show on XM on Monday that both Mick Brown and Jeff Pilson will be recording with him on the new Lynch Mob record, and since Oni Logan is about twice the singer Don is now, we should have the next best thing to a classic-era Dokken record later this year!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
George Lynch confirmed on Eddie Trunk's show on XM on Monday that both Mick Brown and Jeff Pilson will be recording with him on the new Lynch Mob record, and since Oni Logan is about twice the singer Don is now, we should have the next best thing to a classic-era Dokken record later this year!

Arttie

Should be a great record, Oni is a great singer.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Last night on Eddie Trunk's radio show, George Lynch had some interesting and brutally honest things to say about Dokken, the man and the band. Simply put, there will never be a full-on reunion again unless Don splits up the money equally, 25% to each of the 4 members like the "old days". Don says it's his name, his band, so he should get a bigger cut.

According to George, the Guitar Hero people approached him to use 'Mr. Scary' as a track. He said fine by him and although he wrote it himself, he was willing to take his 25% and give the other 75% to Mick, Jeff and Don. Then Don and his lawyers went in and blew the whole deal. And that kids, is why 'Mr. Scary' doesn't appear on Guitar Hero.

apparently someone forgot to tell him that when someone throws a fit, all end up losing...

firestarter
Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Still one of my fave bands, since 1984.
Back to top Go down
Mujer Serene
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mujer Serene

Number of posts : 18

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 pm

late in the conversation

I LOVE DOKKEN Very Happy
Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Adding Jeff can only help, he brings a lot.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Dokken has always been one of my favorite "hair" bands or whatever the hell you want to call it. Great guitar and musicanship all around. Don was never the best lyricist, but it's forgiveable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:26 pm

While I really really love Dokken , it's one of those bands I have been listening to since forever I have never had any interest in any of the post-Back For the Attack albums.

The first 4 is where it's at for me and the rest is just a whole different band using Dokken's name.

Don Dokken's first 'solo' effort was okay-ish. Nothing to write home about and George Lynch's absence was felt.

Meanwhile I really like the first 2 Lynch Mob albums.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:56 pm

I think Dokken's last studio record was a very solid return, and Erase the Slate was above average, but I agree with what you are saying, Alex...after BFTA, they were a very hit-and-miss band.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:02 am

I don't understand what the beef is between these two guys, but here is the latest almost thirty years running soap opera, it sounds like Don Dokken is not bad guy on this go around, frankly Jeff Pilson makes more money with Foreigner, anyway read it yourself and make up your own mind:

Rob Cavuoto of Guitar International spoke with iconic guitarist George Lynch. Portions of the interview appear below.

Guitar International: I really thought the reunion [of the classic Dokken lineup] was going to happen when you went on Eddie Trunk's "That Metal Show." I assumed, as most fans, that this was a done deal.

George Lynch: I feel like a fool because I got played again for the last smurfing time! Like an idiot I went along with it but looking back I see what he was really doing. He was blowing wind in his sails by creating the impression that there was a reunion pending. That people were going to wake up and pay attention, that his guarantees were going to go up, and people are going to show up to his shows thinking I'm in the band. If we did reunite we would all be working for him. He's a miserable guy and he will stay miserable in his own skin. I wouldn't want to have 100 million dollars and live in that guy's brain and skin. He is just a piece of smurf poo.

Guitar International: I'm not sure Don has a lot of credibility these days and think most fans realize that.

George Lynch: When the band was intact, he had to maintain a certain level of professionalism. He had to maintain his voice, his behavior and what he said. He didn't like that. He is a very lazy person. He doesn't have a good work ethic and he surrounds himself with himself. He will never be happy. What he will never get, and I told him, it's not about the money and success, though you want people to hear the music. It's about giving the fans something they would like and enjoy. It's not about you, we are just the conduits. It comes through us but it's not about us. He doesn't get it. When musicians start to take themselves too seriously that's when it gets ugly in believing all the hype. My heroes are blue-collar people that work for a living. Not assholes like him who take credit for smurf poo they don't do and expect everything handed to them on a silver platter. Have some respect for the people who are paying your bills.

On the flip side, Don Dokken has posted the following message regarding the alleged Dokken reunion:

"Thanks to all of you that can see through the smoke and mirrors. Yes, Jon [Levin, current Dokken guitarist] is an amazing guitarist and a great human being as well.

There was a lot of talk about a Dokken reunion — I tried my best to make it happen for the fans with Jon's blessing — but the bottom line was Jeff [Pilson, former Dokken bassist] said he's busy with Foreigner for the next few years, so that was that.

When I agreed to [appear on VH1 Classic's] 'The Metal Show' [with former Dokken guitarist George Lynch], we were going to announce a reunion but at the last minute Jeff asked me not to talk about it because he had not mentioned it to Mick Jones [Foreigner] yet. I totally understood, [I] just wish he would have said something before I agreed to do the show with George. His comments on the show spoke for themselves.

After all these years, I have tired of defending myself.

The band is 'rokken' and we get along great, which is paramount to me at this time in my life.

George will always have his fans, which he earned, but I will always give credit to the amazing guitarists that have come after him.

Reb Beach gave the band Dokken a great contribution on 'Erase The Slate' — it speaks volumes as to his talent. John Norum, as well, on 'Long Way Home.'

'Dysfunctional' is still one of my favorites and even though George is credited as the guitarist, he did not write any of the songs. That body of work was written by Jeff, Mick [Brown, drums], and myself. George came in after it was finished and did the solos.

I'm writing this so the truth is out there.

'Dysfunctional' sold over 400,000 copies in '95, which was amazing since grunge was at its height at the time and bands like us were considered old news! 15 years later we're still here and going strong and it's because of you, the fans, [and] our music that allows us to keep touring.

This year it will be 30 years since I recorded 'Breakin' The Chains'; wow, time flies!

Anyway, we are beginning to write yet another record and I think it's going to be very cool.

Again thanks to all that support us and for those of you that need to whine, get a life!"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm still siding with George on this one. One, I just don't like Don. And two, the last time George was on Eddie Trunk's show, he said until Don was ready to split the money 4 ways (25% each to Don, George, Jeff & Mick) like in the old days, there will be no reunion. Don wants a bigger cut than the rest of the guys and George ain't havin' it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:36 am

Mu understanding was that Don Dokken was kind of hestitant to do any kind of reunion, I am sure it is about money since Dokken is not racking it in terms of album sales, but they have made a nice living doing oldies festivals, and I am sure hiring sidemen then having a band where everything has to be split four ways is better for his wallet.

Also Jeff Pilson did not want to live Foreigner who actually still have a sizeable live following here and overseas, plus if these two men hate each other so much I have no idea why these guys would even want to attempt a reunion.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm

I just went and seen Dokken last week here in Vegas at the Sunset Station. That band were great musically, but Don Dokken's voice is SO shot. He sounded like a bad contestant on American Idol that was nixed by Simon Cowell. Needless to say, we left during their 3rd song.

The new version of Quiet Riot Were KILLER!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:48 am

More bitchin' and no rockin' from George Lynch:

George Lynch was recently interviewed by AOL's Noise Creep and, according to Metal Sludge, didn't hold anything back.

Lynch, reportedly got annoyed after Dokken posted some thoughts relating to Lynch as to why he believed there would never be a Dokken reunion. The frontman apparently also accused Lynch of getting undeserved songwriting credit.

"Absurd lies, that all this guy is about," Lynch told Noisecreep. "But it's just more of the same."

Lynch said the original friction between him and Dokken was something their publicist decided to market years ago to give the band an edge. However, the fictional feud was based on some very real differences.

"She [the publicist] played it up good," Lynch chuckled. "Having us pose back to back with revolvers and stuff like that. But there was truth to our tension. Don was the weakest link in Dokken and we always dreamed of having a different lead singer. Me and the other guys, we'd write all the stuff, then he'd just come in and try to match the scratch vocals. It was a joke. A pose. Don't get me wrong - he's talented - talented at using other people's talents and being manipulative, deceitful, and acting with absolutely no conscience."

Lynch went on to explain that despite what he thinks of his former bandmate, he wants to focus on his band and his new record, "Kill All Control," that will be released in July.

"Look, Don can go off and do all that stuff and say all that crap, but when he hits at me directly with pure lies, I'll hit back harder," he said. "I've worked so hard to establish my reputation and my integrity, and I won't let him compromise that. He stole from the energies of everyone and he still does it. He wanted the attention, he wanted to be a giant rock star and he'd step on his grandmother's grave to reach the top. That's what drives him -- fame. What drives me is the joy of playing in a band with friends I love -- and he'll never know what that means. When fans hear my new record they'll know exactly what I'm talking about."

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 pm

what a soap opera...

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:15 pm

exact33 wrote:
what a soap opera...

That's what I was thinking. Dokken were good, but not good enough to warrant all this drama. I think their last album was great. Just stick with the newest lineup.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
exact33 wrote:
what a soap opera...

That's what I was thinking. Dokken were good, but not good enough to warrant all this drama. I think their last album was great. Just stick with the newest lineup.

I guess they are getting more publicity than they could buy by engaging in this back and forth.

Sponsored content

DOKKEN - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOKKEN
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next