Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOKKEN

Go down 
+49
brokentulsa
nevermore
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
journeyman
Arjun_M
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
SpectreFate
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
DeathCult
Mujer Serene
firestarter
arttieTHE1manparty
onrypt
bassman
James B.
speed101
metalheaded
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
exact33
Metallic Blaze
Rex
Tall Tyrion
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Getizzyback
MetalFRO
the sentinel
7thSaviour
stepcousin
metalken
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
7thSecond
Lari
thejokeriv
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
I've thought about getting The Definitive Collection, but I've held off, because I was hoping the band would release their first four albums. The fact that all Dokken's albums were released under one record company (Elektra), one would think it wouldn't be difficult to get done.

Well, those 4 were on Elektra...but they've also been on CMC International, Sanctuary Music and, I believe, Rhino...I don't know if 'Dysfunctional' was on Elektra or not...

Sorry, I meant to say their first four albums. Dysfunctional was a Columbia Records album. I would love to see a deluxe edition like Def Leppard did with Hysteria (are doing with Pyromania & Adrenalize), & what Motorhead have done on at least their first 4 albums.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:04 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
I've thought about getting The Definitive Collection, but I've held off, because I was hoping the band would release their first four albums. The fact that all Dokken's albums were released under one record company (Elektra), one would think it wouldn't be difficult to get done.

Well, those 4 were on Elektra...but they've also been on CMC International, Sanctuary Music and, I believe, Rhino...I don't know if 'Dysfunctional' was on Elektra or not...

Sorry, I meant to say their first four albums. Dysfunctional was a Columbia Records album. I would love to see a deluxe edition like Def Leppard did with Hysteria (are doing with Pyromania & Adrenalize), & what Motorhead have done on at least their first 4 albums.

I do not see that happening to Dokken's catalog anytime soon, they outsold Motorhead albums but they are not as critically acclaimed and at this point in time there seems to be no demand for it. Which is too bad because I would like to see something like that take place for the Dokken catalog.
Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:21 pm

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I do not see that happening to Dokken's catalog anytime soon, they outsold Motorhead albums but they are not as critically acclaimed and at this point in time there seems to be no demand for it. Which is too bad because I would like to see something like that take place for the Dokken catalog.

At least for T&N, UL&K and BftA...
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:45 am

My favorite Dokken song, Will The Sun Rise, is on UL&K and none of the Best of, Definitive Collection etc. cd's so I would love to see it remastered. I think Shawn is right though, probably not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:57 pm

I thought I would give this thread a bump, instead of starting a new one. I will be at the Dokken concert in Cincinnati on Saturday the 10th at The Inner Circle (formally known as Annie's). I'm meeting a buddy of mine from my days when I lived in the Indianapolis, and getting there sometime during the set of the opening act. I don't know if there is anyone on this forum in that are of the country, but if you're interested in meeting up let me know.
Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:13 pm

http://www.metalmusic.com/video/dokken-in-my-dreams-live
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 pm

I love Dokken. Easily one of my favorite bands.

My favorite album is actually Don Dokken's solo album, "Up from the Ashes".
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:24 pm

I am getting more and more into dokken. Just got Under Lock and Key this evening..

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:05 am

exact33 wrote:
I am getting more and more into dokken. Just got Under Lock and Key this evening..
Be wary of Shadowlife. I actually hated it for years, then one day it sort of clicked. Not bad at all, just waaaaaaaay different.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:14 am

There is no rockin' when it comes to Dokken. DOKKEN - Page 4 Sleep
Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Ignorance.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:49 pm

I need Breaking the Chains and then ill get the Don Dokken solo cd. After that I will have to listen a little more closely..

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:53 pm

exact33 wrote:
I need Breaking the Chains and then ill get the Don Dokken solo cd. After that I will have to listen a little more closely..

Do you have "Tooth & Nail"? If you don't, then get that first. That is the "Creme de la creme" of Dokken albums.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:56 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Do you have "Tooth & Nail"? If you don't, then get that first. That is the "Creme de la creme" of Dokken albums.

I have:

tooth and nail
Under lock and key
Back for the Attack

Like them all so far.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:03 pm

exact33 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I have:

tooth and nail
Under lock and key
Back for the Attack

Like them all so far.

Great start to your Dokken catalog, as those albums clearly are the foundation to this band. You might want to check out their newest album "Lightning Strikes Again" next or that of "Dysfunctional" (which is highly underrated). On the new album you swear that it is George Lynch playing. For myself, Dokken's "Lightning Strikes Again" was the second biggest surpise of 2008, next to that of Whitesnake's "Good To Be Bad". They were both tremendous surprises, and they got a lot of spins in my C.D player!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:32 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Ignorance.

What is a Dokken fan?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:57 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Really? I much prefer Under Lock & Key and think you'll find that most other Dokken fans do as well. I would venture to say that even Back For The Attack is more highly regarded then T&N. Tooth & Nail was pretty good as well though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:35 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
exact33 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I have:

tooth and nail
Under lock and key
Back for the Attack

Like them all so far.

Great start to your Dokken catalog, as those albums clearly are the foundation to this band. You might want to check out their newest album "Lightning Strikes Again" next or that of "Dysfunctional" (which is highly underrated). On the new album you swear that it is George Lynch playing. For myself, Dokken's "Lightning Strikes Again" was the second biggest surpise of 2008, next to that of Whitesnake's "Good To Be Bad". They were both tremendous surprises, and they got a lot of spins in my C.D player!!!

thanks for the heads up. I am on the Dokken prowl now!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:05 am

Alex, make sure to pick up Don Dokken's first solo album, "Up from the Ashes"! It features John Norum of Europe on guitar and they have great chemistry! This solo album stacks up with the best of Dokken's albums.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Alex, make sure to pick up Don Dokken's first solo album, "Up from the Ashes"! It features John Norum of Europe on guitar and they have great chemistry! This solo album stacks up with the best of Dokken's albums.
I agree. That solo album can be found very cheap and is better then a lot of Dokken albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:10 pm

My fave Dokkens, more or less in order of preference:

BACK FOR THE ATTACK
UNDER LOCK & KEY
DYSFUNCTIONAL (I agree, this one is underrated as hell and is a great album!)
TOOTH & NAIL
ERASE THE SLATE

I have all of Dokken's stuff and like all of it to some extent (yes, even the dreaded SHADOWLIFE, which is an acquired taste to be sure -- I think I'm alone on that one, haha) but those five are the cream of the crop IMO.

Oh, and the semi-acoustic ONE LIVE NIGHT disc is fantastic too. I like that one far better than the BEAST IN THE EAST live album from '88. Mind you, that's coming from someone who usually doesn't care for live albums.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:22 pm

BFTA barely edges Tooth & Nail imo. And I agree that Lightning Strikes Again was a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:34 am

My fave Dokken:

1. Up from the Ashes (Don Dokken solo)
2. Tooth and Nail
3. Under Lock and Key
4. Back for the Attack
5. Breaking the Chains
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:17 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

thanks! SACD has it for $.49 so I just ordered it!

Alex

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

thanks! SACD has it for $.49 so I just ordered it!

Alex

DOKKEN - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DOKKEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOKKEN   DOKKEN - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOKKEN
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next