Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!

Go down 
+7
nevermore
arttieTHE1manparty
ultmetal
krokus
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
Wargod
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Empty
PostSubject: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Well I'm off to see Blue Oyster Cult, Dokken, & Slaughter tonight at the fair. Should be a kick as concert and great weather as well. I've been waiting for so lone to see BOC again they are one of my all time favs!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Slaughter is a great live band.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Have fun and give us a full report later!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm

BOC is awesome live, enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:39 pm

DeathCult wrote:
BOC is awesome live, enjoy Very Happy

Saw them live in their heyday back in 1975 and actually at the same place I'll be seeing them tonight!

"On Your Feet Or On Your Knees" the amazing Blue Oyster Cult!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

Well I survived the concert last night. Anyway got there early and not knowing what to expect for people. Sat in the bleachers for awhile and then the rain moved in but just for a short time and it cleared up and crystal clear blue skies.

There was a 15 min delay because of the rain and then it started around 8:15, Slaughter took the stage and played about an hour although I like Slaughter I was only familiar with their hits.

They were ok and they did get the crowd rocking.

Up next was Dokken I saw them play in 2003 A Rockfest in Cadot, WI and this was by far the best. Don Dokken got the crowd going and the started with "Into The Fire" as an opener that got the crowd ready for what was an outstanding 1 1/2 hr of great metal. They played only 1 song from their latest cd other than that it was mostly their hits. John Levin was amazing on guitar very impressive.

Definitely Dokken have not lost a thing.

Up next my all time fav BOC. I got right up front so I could see it all and after almost an hour delay because of the shitty stage crew, they could not get the mics to work and then finally.

They started out "O'd On Life" which was amazing I should have written the set list down and in all they played about 12 songs from "Godzilla" which is always a crowd pleasure to "Bucks Boogie" which BTW was fantastic.
Buck Dharma is so amazing as a guitar player and in person he is so much better.

BOC has been around since the late 60's and bands today could take alot from how they put on a show.

As a band they were amazing and wwith 3 original members still in the band they still capture the live spirit of music and captivate the crowd.
If there was a down side to this there was no encore because of the late start and quiting time which sucked. I did purchase a BOC shirt which was cool.

I had a great time and meet a friend there and we had a great time and he got wasted.
I don't drink so that made all that much better for me.

Up next Fargo Blues Fest in Aug 2 days of outdoor fun. Featured artist there are Ana Popavic/Joe Bonamassa.............

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Great you had a great time. Would love to see one of this 3 bands.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 3:08 pm

Sounds like a blast. I've seen Slaughter several times and they always put on a great show. "Revolution" is my favorite CD by them.

B.O.C. rule!

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Well I'm off to see Blue Oyster Cult, Dokken, & Slaughter tonight at the fair. Should be a kick as concert and great weather as well. I've been waiting for so lone to see BOC again they are one of my all time favs!

Wargod48
Hold up a sign that says, "HEY SLAUGHTER! RECORD A NEW ALBUM, YOU FRICKIN' TURDS!"

Thanks.

EDIT: Dammit. I'm too late. angry
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Nice Wargod!! Thanks for the report!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:56 pm

Could TOTALLY do without BOC, but the others are GREAT! Would love to hear a lot of the new Dokken stuff live.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:02 am

Hey, thanks for the review. As a fellow BÖC fanatic, it was nice to hear they are still going strong.
I saw those guys like 15 times between 1978 & 1984, and I'd love to catch them again before we're all too old.

Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! 927150

So BTW, did they play Black Blade or anything else from the Cultosaurus/ Fire of Unknown Origin era?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:10 am

Glad you had a great time,Kevin. I caught BOC live once and it was an awesome show.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:15 am

I saw BOC a few years ago in Sturgis and Bobby Rondelli was playing drums for them. Gotta say I enjoyed the Sturgis show alot better than the last time I saw BOC in the early 80's with Rainbow.

Glad you had a good time man
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:58 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Slaughter is a great live band.

Obviously, they're playing this summer, but did these guys drop off the face of the earth for awhile or was I just not paying attention? They seemed to tour a lot and do interviews and such. When was their last studio album? 2000?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 1:06 pm

I belive it was 1999. I saw them in Vegas at a sold out club. Great show.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Back To Reality came out in 1999, and Slaughter has done several summer tours as well. Mark Slaughter performed on Liberty N Justice's Soundtrack Of A Soul and Independence Day albums.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:32 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Could TOTALLY do without BOC, but the others are GREAT! Would love to hear a lot of the new Dokken stuff live.

Arttie

Actually BOC blew both of them away!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Tangento wrote:
So BTW, did they play Black Blade or anything else from the Cultosaurus/ Fire of Unknown Origin era?

I saw them last summer and Black Blade and Burning For You were both in the set list, I assume that they still would be, because they are great tunes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Up next Fargo Blues Fest in Aug 2 days of outdoor fun. Featured artist there are Ana Popavic/Joe Bonamassa............

Do you ever come to Duluth, because we have a 4 day Blues Fest event coming up pretty quick I believe?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:48 pm

It's the Bayfront Blues Fest one of the best blues fest in the country! Used to live in Duluth doubt I'll make it!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:57 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
It's the Bayfront Blues Fest one of the best blues fest in the country! Used to live in Duluth doubt I'll make it!

Wargod48

I forgot that you used to live here. Yeah it's a blues lover's cream dream that's for darn sure.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:01 pm

I only really knew "Burning For You" and "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" when I saw them several years back at a fair show. I didn't expect much, but that show made me a fan. I was shocked how much I liked the show and then the albums I tracked down after. Fire Of Unknown Origin being my favorite. I would love to see them again someday; especially on a bill like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!   Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off to see BOC/Dokken/Slaughter!
Page 1 of 1