Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New DOKKEN album on the way....

Go down 
+19
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
Psychotron
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
chewie
Getizzyback
manny
Metal Misfit
James B.
Dark Horseman
Infinite
EmoElmo
Eyesore
stepcousin
Lurideath
Tur-Thalion
Fat Freddy
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

New DOKKEN album on the way.... Empty
PostSubject: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 pm

New Dokken album will be called "Broken Bones" and is expected in June

New DOKKEN album on the way.... DSCN2979
Rock on wit'yo bad self, Don!

Quote :
BraveWords.com: How is everything going along in the studio with the making of the upcoming Dokken release?

Dokken: "Things are great. We’re working every day. The new CD is very up-tempo. We cut the drums at Tommy Lee's studio and got a killer sound, his studio is really amazing, great vibes. I might do my vocals there too."

BraveWords.com: Is there an estimated release date set yet?

Dokken: "Hopefully June. We were planning on delivering in March but after two mishaps, we had to take a few months off. We had written 18 songs so it turned out as a blessing, kind of' giving us time to decide on the best songs to put on the CD."

BraveWords.com: You mentioned the name of the new Dokken CD is Broken Bones. How did you come up with the title of the CD?

Dokken: "Last year I broke four ribs falling off a wall at home, and just when I got better which took a long time, I had a motor cycle accident. When things like this happen it reminds us that were mortal. One minute you’re enjoying a sunny day sitting on your Harley and the next thing your waking up in a hospital. It's a reality check. The CD title is a metaphor that we all have broken bones, be it from an accident, failed relationship, or a broken heart. Everybody gets wounded as we go thru life but as they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Full interview here:
http://www.bravewords.com/news/178429

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:28 pm

At first I thought that was Axl Rose
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Should be interesting to hear. Hopefully his vocals turn out decent because he sure sucks live!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:38 pm

falling off a wall? how does that even happen? Was he trying to scale a wall like Spiderman?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Looking forward to it. I've liked everything they've done. Well, I didn't like Shadowlife for a long long time, but in recent years it's gone over well. Definitely their worst, though.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:38 pm

His voice is so shot, I can't believe he's still singing.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 pm

It was the universe trying to get rid of him before he has the chance to put out another album. You can't cheat death, Don. Haven't you seen Final Destination? grim reaper
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:44 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Dude, he's not that bad. Definitely not as good as he once was, but he's not so bad that he shouldn't be singing.

Maybe you're confusing him with Mark Slaughter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:48 pm

He will never top his cameo in Far Out Man. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Dude, he's not that bad. Definitely not as good as he once was, but he's not so bad that he shouldn't be singing.

No, I was just listening to 'Dream Warriors' the other day, the re-recorded version, it's him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

No, I was just listening to 'Dream Warriors' the other day, the re-recorded version, it's him Very Happy
Oh, you can't compare like that. Haha. He's not the Don Dokken of old, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Lightning didn't sound too bad. Did they have to clean up his vox a lot?
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

Oh, you can't compare like that. Haha. He's not the Don Dokken of old, that's for sure.

He ruined it by drinking too much alcohol, tobacco contributed heavily as well. He would've aged gracefully had he been extra careful. Klaus Meine is approaching 70 yet he still sounds fantastic.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:17 pm

I haven't followed Dokken in a long time. Last one I got from them was Dysfunctional and I was very disappointed and unimpressed so I gave up on them. I'll give some samples a listen to and see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:54 pm

007 wrote:
I haven't followed Dokken in a long time. Last one I got from them was Dysfunctional and I was very disappointed and unimpressed so I gave up on them. I'll give some samples a listen to and see how it turns out.
Man, Dysfunctional is nothing like their earlier albums, but that one is excellent, in my opinion. I'd give that one another try.

If you still dislike Dysfunctional, though, skip Shadowlife, because you'll hate it. But from Erase The Slate on, I think they've been really good.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Looking forward to this one, their last album was pretty good.

stepcousin wrote:
falling off a wall? how does that even happen? Was he trying to scale a wall like Spiderman?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
007 wrote:
Man, Dysfunctional is nothing like their earlier albums, but that one is excellent, in my opinion. I'd give that one another try.

If you still dislike Dysfunctional, though, skip Shadowlife, because you'll hate it. But from Erase The Slate on, I think they've been really good.

I loved the Dysfunctional album and I still think it sounds great, and I am one of the few Dokken fans that actually liked Shadowlife.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:18 pm

manny wrote:

I loved the Dysfunctional album and I still think it sounds great, and I am one of the few Dokken fans that actually liked Shadowlife.

More power to you on Shadowlife, that album to me sounds like everybody just decided to do their own thing alone, and then they meshed it together! Sounds more like "Getalife"!

So disappointing because all the originals were in it, I just think only physically.

This new album, I assume has no Pilson or Brown?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:32 pm

I liked Lightning, so I'll be looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am

Quote :

Correct. Those 2 are working with George as "Tooth & Nail". I have more interest in that project than a new Dokken record frankly, but good for him if he wants to carry on.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
Quote :
007 wrote:

Count me in as another Dysfunctional fan. Nowadays I find myself reaching for that one more often than a lot of the "classic" Dokken CDs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 am

Dysfunctional is a strong, melodic album...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:51 am

I don't know. I remember Dysfunctional being rather boring but I was really disappointed with just about every "classic" bands releases during that period. Maybe I should give it another try and see how I feel anout it now. It seems to have quite a few fans here.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
manny wrote:

More power to you on Shadowlife, that album to me sounds like everybody just decided to do their own thing alone, and then they meshed it together! Sounds more like "Getalife"!

So disappointing because all the originals were in it, I just think only physically.

'Shadowlife' 's direction was decided by George Lynch and whoever produced the album, when the album was a new release, Don Dokken interviews to promote the album was less then pleased, and let the press know it was Lynch's idea to turn Dokken into the senior citizen's version of Tool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DOKKEN album on the way....   New DOKKEN album on the way.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DOKKEN album on the way....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next