Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dokken Dysfunctional

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Dokken Dysfunctional Empty
PostSubject: Dokken Dysfunctional   Dokken Dysfunctional Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Went to Discogs and got Erase the Slate and Dysfunctional for $16. I never had either album before. I can’t believe how much of a King’s X influence the Dysfunctional album has. No wonder George Lynch hooked up with Dug Pinnick. I really like it!

As far as Erase the Slate… it’s decent. I’m a Reb Beach fan, but the material is not very inspired.
*side note*
I was actually present for a recording session at the shared Dokken and Great White studio in Redondo Beach. I was roommates with an aspiring musician Giancarlo (at the time under the fake name “Ace”) Razz (he was mentioned in Don’s thank you list). Apparently he’s not doing too bad these days. He has Tim Gaines from Stryper playing bass with him. https://scarletrecords.it/artists/faithsedge/
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Dysfunctional   Dokken Dysfunctional Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 1:33 pm

Dysfunctional was an ok album. Like Shadowlife it didn't have as much of the classic Dokken sound that people loved. Erase The Slate on the other hand to me sounded more like classic Dokken.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Dysfunctional   Dokken Dysfunctional Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 2:32 pm

Meh. I bought Dysfunctional as a new release and was very underwhelmed by it. I held on to it for a while but could never get into it. I eventually sold it off and haven't really missed and have never even bought any of the newer Dokken releases.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Dysfunctional   Dokken Dysfunctional Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 3:17 pm

I like Dysfunctional a lot, over the years it's become one of my go-to's when I'm in a Dokken mood.

Erase the Slate is a decent return to form album, especially when compared to its predecessor, the disastrous grunge rock experiment Shadowlife...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Dysfunctional   Dokken Dysfunctional Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 6:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like Dysfunctional a lot, over the years it's become one of my go-to's when I'm in a Dokken mood.

Erase the Slate is a decent return to form album, especially when compared to its predecessor, the disastrous grunge rock experiment Shadowlife...

Dysfunctional is very good. I can tell they were listening to King’s X at the time. The vocal harmonies and style is all over it.

Check out the back of the CD. It looks a lot like the Alice In Chains Dirt album. The font and layout is uncanny. Even had the same red/yellow color scheme.

Dokken Dysfunctional Ba9d3510

Dokken Dysfunctional 7035ff10
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Dysfunctional   Dokken Dysfunctional Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 7:00 pm

Stupid album! I hate Kings X so it explains more of why I hate Dysfunctional.

But they haven'r been good since the original line-up disbanded after Back for the Attack.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Dysfunctional   Dokken Dysfunctional Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 7:11 pm

Sometimes when a album is hated, that is like a positive thing for me. It means I’ll probably like it.

I remember people bashing the Tony Martin Sabbath albums… but when I finally heard them, I thought they were great! Laughing very hard

The only exception for me is Maiden with Blaze. I just can’t get into it.

I also like Kreator’s Outcast album. I just wish Tommy threw down some solos on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dokken Dysfunctional   Dokken Dysfunctional Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dokken Dysfunctional
Page 1 of 1