Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!

Go down 
+30
rattpoison
Required Fields
Addy
journeyman
Mattallica667
SuprimuS
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
DallasBlack
kmorg
INVADERS
King D
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
Lurideath
skullsmasher
A Handful of Wayne
TheGooch
Smindas
XYZ
James B.
ultmetal
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
You obviously just hate Slipknot. Laughing

And by the way, trust me, as someone who has attended his share of KISS Conventions/Expos, "mature" is not exactly a word I would use to describe most of the attendees. You haven't lived till you've been in a gymnasium full of balding, beer bellied 40 year olds walking around in ill fitting homemade Gene Simmons costumes and badly applied makeup, carrying cardboard axe-bass guitars!! Laughing very hard

I actually don't mind Slipknot's music, i just dont like the fans. I have seen Slipknot at Ozzfest and I must say it was the most immature show i have ever been to. I much rather be at a KISS convention with an over 30's crowd then a group of Teenagers pretending to be masked serial killers.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Keep in mind, they're a group of young teenagers. I'm sure in KISS's hey-day, many of the KISS Army, who would've been similarly age, acting like a demon who could spit blood. It'd be a bit of a double standard to hold one fan base above the other, due to the fact the Slipknot fanbase haven't had the actual time period to "mature".

But yes, I can see why people in poorly made costumes and orange jumpsuits annoys you. I know it bugged me when I went to see Slayer / Slipknot a few years ago.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Smindas wrote:
Keep in mind, they're a group of young teenagers. I'm sure in KISS's hey-day, many of the KISS Army, who would've been similarly age, acting like a demon who could spit blood. It'd be a bit of a double standard to hold one fan base above the other, due to the fact the Slipknot fanbase haven't had the actual time period to "mature".

This here is basically what I been sayin' except Smindas is much gooder at speakin' than I is.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Smindas wrote:

This here is basically what I been sayin' except Smindas is much gooder at speakin' than I is.

The way I look at it is, KISS is much more mature music, when i think of KISS music even in there youthful days they seemed to attract an older crowd because it was just good old rock n roll. Slipknot's music is just going to keep attracting loads of new fans who are manipulated by the others thinking they are the worlds best metal band. I see it all over the internet already. I go to watch any music video or wonder into a metal community and all you see is Slipknot is better, Joey Jordinson is the best drummer ever.

I did understand you Freddy, i just don't see the fan base changing at all...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:21 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Smindas wrote:

The way I look at it is, KISS is much more mature music, when i think of KISS music even in there youthful days they seemed to attract an older crowd because it was just good old rock n roll. Slipknot's music is just going to keep attracting loads of new fans who are manipulated by the others thinking they are the worlds best metal band. I see it all over the internet already. I go to watch any music video or wonder into a metal community and all you see is Slipknot is better, Joey Jordinson is the best drummer ever.

I did understand you Freddy, i just don't see the fan base changing at all...

The 'maturity' of the music itself is something that's quite tricky to discuss. I've never been one of Slipknot's biggest fans, but it's clear Slipknot have attracted plenty of older fans. Afterall, there's a surprising handful of fans on this forum alone - and we basically put our pride in what is more-so considered "true metal", not "nu". Being part of this 'Slipknot generation', I also have to take issue with your opinion that the Slipknot fans are all mindless drones, unable to form their own opinions with regards to music. Now, don't get me wrong, there are a few who are drawn in by the wrong things and are indeed flat out idiots, but I really have yet to see this Slipknot based elitism at the same epidemic standards you imply. I also bet similar things happened with KISS fans, especially considering the whole KISS Army concept is somewhat based around KISS being ridiculously awesome or what have you.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Quote :
I also bet similar things happened with KISS fans, especially considering the whole KISS Army concept is somewhat based around KISS being ridiculously awesome or what have you.

Yea, I'm sure there were plenty of Bob Seger and Manfred Mann's Earth Band fans back in the early 70s who denounced KISS and their audience as "Kid Stuff," just like the old farts (like me) pick on Slipknot nowadays... Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:36 pm

When KISS first came out in 1974, they were not considered serious musicians and the industry treated them almost as a joke. It was thru touring and playing that one fans over one city at a time, when they finally made it to platinum status with 'Alive' critics and even older rock/metal fans at the time derided them for being gimmicky and for attracting so many young fans, it was not til years and years later that KISS were given any credit by critics and KISS's audience was considered to be mindless drones, of course those mindless drones grew up and I was among them. The percepation of who KISS's audience were did not gel with reality, it was critical snubbery and hippies who thought KISS had nothing to offer musicially. Of course these same critics turned on the Rolling Stones for attracting younger fans.

I am a Slipknot fan not my favorite band but I am a fan. I think as far as the audience comparison and how they are compared to KISS is fair, in regards to how the audience of both bands are viewed in regards to respective hey day . Now whether Slipknot's music holds up or if they are able to maintain their fan base only time will tell.

So far all of their albums have been successful, even more so then contempories like Korn and Limp Bizkit, who have lost fans or seen their album sells slow down.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:46 pm

manny wrote:
When KISS first came out in 1974, they were not considered serious musicians and the industry treated them almost as a joke. It was thru touring and playing that one fans over one city at a time, when they finally made it to platinum status with 'Alive' critics and even older rock/metal fans at the time derided them for being gimmicky and for attracting so many young fans, it was not til years and years later that KISS were given any credit by critics and KISS's audience was considered to be mindless drones, of course those mindless drones grew up and I was among them. The percepation of who KISS's audience were did not gel with reality, it was critical snubbery and hippies who thought KISS had nothing to offer musicially. Of course these same critics turned on the Rolling Stones for attracting younger fans.

I am a Slipknot fan not my favorite band but I am a fan. I think as far as the audience comparison and how they are compared to KISS is fair, in regards to how the audience of both bands are viewed in regards to respective hey day . Now whether Slipknot's music holds up or if they are able to maintain their fan base only time will tell.

So far all of their albums have been successful, even more so then contempories like Korn and Limp Bizkit, who have lost fans or seen their album sells slow down.

Yes, but will Sliptknot stand the test of time as KISS has? Korn and Limp Bizkit hasn't
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:52 pm

Hard to say if Slipknot will stand the test of time, so far they have managed to hang on were others have not. I guess it will depend what direction their next few albums take and if their fans will embrace any changes the band may choose to make.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:57 pm

manny wrote:
Hard to say if Slipknot will stand the test of time, so far they have managed to hang on were others have not. I guess it will depend what direction their next few albums take and if their fans will embrace any changes the band may choose to make.

Good luck to them, since they have like 52 guys in the band. They're the metal version of "Kool & The Gang", "The Commodores", or "George Clinton/Parliament". It must be tough spreading the wealth at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Tarja being booted from Nightwish. I like Annette and Nightwish's latest but when i hear Nightwish I expect to hear Tarja.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:44 pm

This thread has made me realize just how much I dislike Slipknot. 🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:51 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Tarja being booted from Nightwish. I like Annette and Nightwish's latest but when i hear Nightwish I expect to hear Tarja.

A BIG DITTO!!!!!!

I think I might be able to stomach Tuomas' bloated, overwrought songwriting if Tarja was still singing it.

As it is, I can't stand this band now.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

A BIG DITTO!!!!!!

I think I might be able to stomach Tuomas' bloated, overwrought songwriting if Tarja was still singing it.

I'm the opposite. I actually enjoy Nightwish now that she's gone. I hated Tarja's voice and all her opera sh*t.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:03 pm

Schbopo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

A BIG DITTO!!!!!!

I'm the opposite. I actually enjoy Nightwish now that she's gone. I hated Tarja's voice and all her opera sh*t.

I can understand that, but her voice is what separated them from the pack. Annette is good, but she is just another female vocalist. Tarja had her own style and uniqueness.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Schbopo wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

A BIG DITTO!!!!!!

Yeah, now Nightwish sounds like every other female-fronted, angst-ridden, goth-tinged metal band out there.

WithinEpicaWishanescence.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Laughing very hard WOW we said the same thing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:07 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Laughing very hard WOW we said the same thing

Yep. Apparently we're of one mind on this issue. Tarja distinguished Nightwish from the ever-burgeoning pack of bands doing this style of music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
the Misfits reforming & using the name without Danzig.
Pffft! American Psycho is the best Misfits album, so I have no issues with that.

Famous Monsters is decent as well.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:27 pm

Here's a bad decision:

When many of the 80s hair bands freaked out in the face of Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and tried to go the grunge/alternative route for an album or two.

Did more damage to their fan base than just putting out another formula hair metal album would've.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:46 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Here's a bad decision:

When many of the 80s hair bands freaked out in the face of Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and tried to go the grunge/alternative route for an album or two.

Did more damage to their fan base than just putting out another formula hair metal album would've.

I agree with that statement. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:24 pm

hmmmmm.....
this isnt metal but
Green Day making music
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:09 am

tohostudios wrote:
Queen recording and touring without Freddie Mercury
I don't know man. That Bad Company guy is quite good. Even though is isn't truly Queen.

Mine would be Chris Cornell releasing an album with Timbaland, what the hell was he thinking.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:11 am

SuprimuS wrote:
hmmmmm.....
this isnt metal but
Green Day making music
Hmmm. Dookie was a good album, but after that, sick
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:17 am

Mattallica667 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Queen recording and touring without Freddie Mercury
I don't know man. That Bad Company guy is quite good. Even though is isn't truly Queen.

Mine would be Chris Cornell releasing an album with Timbaland, what the hell was he thinking.
lol!

Chris Cornell leaving Soundgarden or just Soundgarden in general breaking up sucked. I liked Audioslave but even they started going downhill. Now we have Chris doing his pop thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next