Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The worst metal DVD

Go down 
+12
JDC
manny
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
James B.
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
Gilbert
thejokeriv
Lurideath
ultmetal
tul
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

The worst metal DVD Empty
PostSubject: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Since talking about the best metal DVDs in another thread, what is the worst?

Not sure if it got released on DVD now, but I vote for Kiss Exposed. The worst metal DVD 778825 That one is The worst metal DVD 288219 The worst metal DVD 78889
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 pm

It's not metal, but Yes: Live At Montreux 2003 DVD. I love Yes. The performance is decent enough but the sound quality blows. There are several other far better Yes DVDs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:31 pm

I have this Samson DVD with Bruce Dickinson and it's like a movie with footage of the band. Very dumb DVD, but I like Samson.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Iron maiden - Rasing Hell - the performance is very weak by Maiden standards, the bands looks like it is auto-pilot and Bruce is acting bored to death. Plus, the "illusions" are stupid!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Iron maiden - Rasing Hell - the performance is very weak by Maiden standards, the bands looks like it is auto-pilot and Bruce is acting bored to death. Plus, the "illusions" are stupid!

If i recall well, i used to own this one of a VHS tape. It was indeed awful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Seven Witches - Years of the Witch

Can't believe Jack Frost released this thing. His guitar sound is buried somewhere behind Rivera's muffled vocals. A potentially awesome DVD that is marred by serious sound issues.

Corrosion of Conformity - Live Volume

The slowest, most boring performance ever. Unless you are high, I can't see how anyone would gain enjoyment by watching this. Totally lifeless performance.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Can't believe Jack Frost released this thing. His guitar sound is buried somewhere behind Rivera's muffled vocals. A potentially awesome DVD that is marred by serious sound issues.

You should send that to me. The worst metal DVD Icon_biggrin

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 pm

I will.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:02 pm

I have an Ultimatum "bootleg" DVD with horrible sound Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:25 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

this, give me Maiden England instead...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I have an L.A Guns dvd that has very terrible sound issues with the concert performance part of the disc. The Tourniquet DVD is the same trip. Crappy sound. I have old VHS stuff of the five man band that sounded better and it is from a camcorder on a tripod.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:42 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Yea, that one was pretty bad. (Did I trade that one to you? If so...sorry. Haha.)

The Nuclear Assault DVD that was shot @ the same festival on the same day (LOUDER HARDER FASTER) is just as bad.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 pm

kmorg wrote:
I have an Ultimatum "bootleg" DVD with horrible sound Very Happy

Cornerstone 07? Great show, but that recording is pretty poor.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:47 pm

I think the new Pink Cream 69 DVD is awful. Nothing wrong with the performance but the freakin' constant chaotic camera changing is enough to cause seizures. I absolutely HATE that stye of editing. It's like they can't hold the same camera for more than 1.5 seconds. Plus there's some cheesey editing "FX" that haven't been seen since the days of Don Kirschner's Rock Concert.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:53 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I agree, I only keep it because I am an Iron Maiden fan but it is horrid, I also add KISS-Live In Las Vegas which is a steaming pile of crap, which I understand was not endorsed by KISS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 pm

Has anyone seen the 2001 Cornerstone DVD with Bride and Recon and Sacred Warrior? Is it any good?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Has anyone seen the 2001 Cornerstone DVD with Bride and Recon and Sacred Warrior? Is it any good?

I have it, an no, it's not very good. It's a cool collector's DVD, but not much more. Its one video camera sitting stationary at the back of the tent.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:49 pm

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I agree, I only keep it because I am an Iron Maiden fan but it is horrid, I also add KISS-Live In Las Vegas which is a steaming pile of crap, which I understand was not endorsed by KISS

I don't think it was - that one is pretty lame too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:25 pm

BTW I know KISS's 'EXPOSED' DVD is very cheesy, but maybe I am just a fanboy but I do like it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:59 pm

manny wrote:
BTW I know KISS's 'EXPOSED' DVD is very cheesy, but maybe I am just a fanboy but I do like it.

I like it too!
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:17 pm

I bought this for my wife for Christmas years as a joke gift. She and her friends used to watch it on video back in the 80's for a laugh. We just put it on the other night. I wish Kiss would put out a proper version of 'Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park' on DVD, the version Kissology isn't the same as the one we have on video. They've added some scenes, cut out some scenes and put songs from thier solo albums all throughout it. We like the original better.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

I like it too!

Same here.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 am

Quote :
Corrosion of Conformity - Live Volume

Worse thing about this for me was I not thinking actually bought the cd too. I enjoy the latter day C.O.C. but man was this ever dreadful. I don't know if you could intentionally have a more lifeless performance. Even can't miss songs like Vote With A Bullet are boring. No idea how you pull that off much less release it for people to buy.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Metal Retardation is the worst I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:12 pm

tul wrote:
Since talking about the best metal DVDs in another thread, what is the worst?

Not sure if it got released on DVD now, but I vote for Kiss Exposed. The worst metal DVD 778825 That one is The worst metal DVD 288219 The worst metal DVD 78889

Heavy Metal Parking Lot, I know some of you generation Xs would hate me for labelling this as the worst DVD. IMO it is the worst because the quality is bad, Judas Priest the band itself doesnt get interviewed it only runs for half an hour, You dont even at least get to see Priest live (WTF?) and you only get to see drunken fans embarassing themselves in front of the camera. I bought it 2 years ago and after I watched it once I exchanged it the next day for Fight War of Worlds CD/DVD combo.

Least with that Metallica DVD forgot the name of it even though you do have to appreciate it more if you are stoned or drunk because of the semi retarded fans which is the equivalent of HMP but however it was interviewing MetallicA when James hetfield had the redkneck mullet whilst they were on tour in 1994 least the interviewer interviewed MetallicA, had footage of metallicA doing Rapid Fire with Rob Halford, the interviwer interviews other bands like Anthrax, Slayer, FNM and maybe few others. Also it runs for 90 mins unlike 30 mins for heavy metal parking lot

Last edited by fingers on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst metal DVD   The worst metal DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst metal DVD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: