Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst metal singer?

Go down 
+14
scottmitchell74
TrogDawn
Required Fields
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
mc666
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Smindas
caniplaywithmadness?
kmorg
rattpoison
Troublezone
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Worst metal singer? Empty
PostSubject: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:51 am

Mandy Lion of WW3.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:34 am

A bit harsh Mandy's a great singer
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:58 am

Usually i wouldn't be so blunt but i can't stand his singing and i know based on other post's on this site people are pretty straight forward about opinions. And he's a total ripoff of the Undertaker looks wise.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 4:01 am

Great singer? He's not even mediocre.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 4:05 am

Mandy Lion had his own look going well before anyone had heard of the Undertaker so while appearance may be similar i don't think it was a ripoff. World War III were a pretty good band.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:36 am

The dood in Sacred Steel!

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:00 am

gene adams on iced earths debut! his clean voice isn't too bad but that annoying screech he does ruins that album for me

plus any grindcore or black metal vocalist of your choice Worst metal singer? 19976
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 am

Haha, I love Gene Adam's "singing", but I can't deny it's quite poor.

What do I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on the icy plain!?

That's metal, right there.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:57 am

I never heard the first Iced Earth record so i don't know what Gene Adams sounds like. The first singer i heard from them is John Greely.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:40 am

WWIII's first album was a pretty killer (and overlooked) disc... I heard the second one (released just a few years ago) was awful though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:10 am

any metalcore vocalist
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:37 pm

kmorg wrote:
The dood in Sacred Steel!
amen, he's just plumb awful! sick

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:59 pm

I'm genuinely having a hard time coming up with one person in particular. I could generalize and say all metal-core screamers or death growlers, but if I don't like the vocalist, I don't buy the cd. If hard pressed, I would say Phil Anselmo on the later Pantera cd's, but I thought he was really good on CFH and VDoP.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:11 pm

I'm probably going to be killed for this because I know Tourniquet have a lot of fans around here, but I thought their original singer (Guy Ritter? I can't remember his name off the top of my head) was one of the worst I'd ever heard. I remember buying STOP THE BLEEDING after reading a ton of rave reviews on it but even though I thought the musicianship was amazing, I couldn't get thru more than two songs cuz that guy's voice just GRATED on me... I was like "good grief, this guy can't decide if he wants to be King Diamond or Udo Dirkschneider!" I was actually happy when the instrumental track came on cuz until then I found myself wishing that someone would stick a rag down his throat and shut him up so I could just listen to the band!!

Another guy of a more recent vintage that I can't stand is Dave Padden, who currently sings for Annihilator... that ALL FOR YOU album was all but unlistenable to me due to that guy's caterwauling
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:35 pm

I think Udo is one of my least favorites, but I like some Accept songs though despite him. I think he sounds good on BttW though.

Padden is technicaslly a good singer I think, pitchwise. He has a slightly "modern", "emo", or "metalcore" quality to his voice that is really annoying IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:22 pm

Scott Waters

Just messing with you Wink
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:28 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Scott Waters

🤘

I love Udo. He's technically not a good singer, but he has a charisma, style and an attitude that work perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Scott Waters

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:41 pm

Lord I woundn't personally throw Mandy Lion in a thread like this, but hey everyone has an opinion.

my votes goes for the Jack Ass who sings with Dragonforce and (although I have defended this guy in the past, the new album sicken's me) ...... Dave Padden of Annihilator.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Scott Waters

🤘

I love Udo. He's technically not a good singer, but he has a charisma, style and an attitude that work perfectly.
Scott and Udo both have that "love 'em or hate 'em" style. Personally, I love 'em both! 🤘

Let's see, there was a singer on the Evil Lives Sabbath tribute in a band called FOREVER SAY DIE who was horrible. He was so flat on the song they played that it was embarassing. It's hard to believe they let that by for the release.

Another metal singer I have a hard time listening to is Lee Dorrian from CATHEDRAL. I know his style is really campy and partially humorous - and I do like some of the stuff he does sometimes - but the guy can't seem to carry a tune even with a handle. Just check out the cover version of Sabbath's "Shock Wave" and hear how horribly out of tune he is with the original melody. I'd proably like CATHEDRAL a lot more but for Lee's vocals. Death metal growlers should probably stick with what they do best and not try to migrate over to more melodic forms of singing. In fact, the only person I've heard so far who can switch from death growling to melodic singing very well is Ian Arkley of MY SILENT WAKE.

Bruce Dickinson sometimes grates on my nerves as well though - even though I love his vox most of the time. Sometimes, he seems to overuse vibrato to the point that he sounds out of key.

Can't think of any more right now...
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 3:59 pm

I love the Dragonforce guy!! I love Guy Ritter!!

Worst?? That's tough because if it's terrible I don't listen to it. Of stuff I own I'd say the worst might be the singer for Lordi....but it works for those songs so I like the vocals....does that make sense??
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:03 pm

Well, consider this a warning because I was just gonna post this disc on the trade thread; but I have a disc by a band called "Magic Kingdom"; which is pretty good power metal riffwise, but the singer flat out ruins it. I don't know what they are thinking. Awful.
Another guy that couldn't be bad because many people worship his voice; but I just don't get it is Graham Bonnett. So may people think Bonnett has one of the BEST voices in metal, but I just don't care for his style personally. Mike Vescera and Rob Rock also sung in a similar style at times, and I didn't care for that either. Probably has more to do with my ears than thier voices, I'll admit.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:08 pm

I used to love Mike Patton's voice but now he barely sings and screams like a fool. I really liked Faith No More's Real Thing record.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:09 pm

troublezone wrote:
I used to love Mike Patton's voice but now he barely sings and screams like a fool. I really liked Faith No More's Real Thing record.

Yea, he's quite an odd ball. The Real Thing was the only FNM record I liked, I remember buying the follow up "Angel Dust" and kinda goin' "WTF is this crap?"
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:15 pm

That guy who sings on 99% of the bands that get played on headbanger's ball sucks!

His black metal cousin sucks too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst metal singer?   Worst metal singer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst metal singer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next