Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!

Go down 
+30
rattpoison
Required Fields
Addy
journeyman
Mattallica667
SuprimuS
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
DallasBlack
kmorg
INVADERS
King D
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
Lurideath
skullsmasher
A Handful of Wayne
TheGooch
Smindas
XYZ
James B.
ultmetal
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:36 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
detuned wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
It just didn't make any sense then, and it doesn't now.

"Our records aren't selling well enough...let's switch to the secular market...oops, now we're selling even less...let's switch back"

I refuse to believe any of that. The record company was pressuring them, that's for sure. They never liked them being a christian band.

That could very well be, but the record company wouldn't pressure them unless the sales were an issue. I doubt anyone at Enigma complained when "To Hell With The Devil" sold like hotcakes and you saw "Free" on MTV every 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:39 am

Very true. I think it was in their book, but I read that Enigma didn't even know they were a christian band until after they were signed.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:45 am

I find it hard to believe that Enigma would pressure them to change their style when they had two gold albums in a row, and videos on rotation on MTV. I am sure this was their own decision and trying to pursue the multi platinum Bon Jovi and Def Leppard crowd, not to mention the legion of Keel fans left heart broken after Keel disbanded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:47 am

manny wrote:
I find it hard to believe that Enigma would pressure them to change their style when they had two gold albums in a row, and videos on rotation on MTV. I am sure this was their own decision and trying to pursue the multi platinum Bon Jovi and Def Leppard crowd, not to mention the legion of Keel fans left heart broken after Keel disbanded.

Actually, it's a pretty well known fact that ENIGMA was pressuring them. They even took the the bible verse off the logo and changed the logo without telling the band. The band saw it when we all saw it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 am

Yet Enigma also released Trouble's Run To The Light, which has a very "heavenly" cover and overtly Christian lyrics. I'm sure Enigma knew that Stryper was a christian band...how could they miss it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:57 am

detuned wrote:
Yet Enigma also released Trouble's Run To The Light, which has a very "heavenly" cover and overtly Christian lyrics. I'm sure Enigma knew that Stryper was a christian band...how could they miss it?

For that I don't know. From what i remember they watched them and signed them on the spot, not knowing what they were singing about.

Of course they realeased a Trouble record and signed Barren Cross.

AFTER Stryper made them sone money. AFTER.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:58 am

I believe the first demo they sent in was without christian lyrics,then they changed the lyrics after they were signed.The record company was confused by the change but said the music was what mattered in the end.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:22 pm

detuned wrote:

If you wanna get technical, Trouble were signed directly to Metal Blade Records, not Enigma... Enigma were distributing Metal Blade's catalog to stores at the time...

Sorry, I'm just being nit-picky. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
manny wrote:

Actually, it's a pretty well known fact that ENIGMA was pressuring them. They even took the the bible verse off the logo and changed the logo without telling the band. The band saw it when we all saw it.

If that is true than ENIGMA was run by a bunch of morons, they were successful band and why help kill a band that already had a very sizeable secular audience without having to compromise their Christian lyrics? Why the sudden change in lyrics and image? If this is how ENIGMA made some of their business decisions no wonder the label went under.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Quote :
If that is true than ENIGMA was run by a bunch of morons,

Quote :
If this is how ENIGMA made some of their business decisions no wonder the label went under.

there you go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

If you wanna get technical, Trouble were signed directly to Metal Blade Records, not Enigma... Enigma were distributing Metal Blade's catalog to stores at the time...

Sorry, I'm just being nit-picky. Laughing

If you want to get super nit-picky, Capitol was actually doing the distribution for Enigma.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:41 pm

detuned wrote:

If you want to get super nit-picky, Capitol was actually doing the distribution for Enigma.

Very Happy

Touche'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

Very Happy

Touche'.

Trouble'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7