Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!

Go down 
+30
rattpoison
Required Fields
Addy
journeyman
Mattallica667
SuprimuS
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
DallasBlack
kmorg
INVADERS
King D
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
Lurideath
skullsmasher
A Handful of Wayne
TheGooch
Smindas
XYZ
James B.
ultmetal
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:19 am

Quote :
Chris Cornell leaving Soundgarden or just
Soundgarden in general breaking up sucked.

It was bound to happen! Finally, we have agreed on something! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:55 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
When KISS first came out in 1974, they were not considered serious musicians and the industry treated them almost as a joke. It was thru touring and playing that one fans over one city at a time, when they finally made it to platinum status with 'Alive' critics and even older rock/metal fans at the time derided them for being gimmicky and for attracting so many young fans, it was not til years and years later that KISS were given any credit by critics and KISS's audience was considered to be mindless drones, of course those mindless drones grew up and I was among them. The percepation of who KISS's audience were did not gel with reality, it was critical snubbery and hippies who thought KISS had nothing to offer musicially. Of course these same critics turned on the Rolling Stones for attracting younger fans.

I am a Slipknot fan not my favorite band but I am a fan. I think as far as the audience comparison and how they are compared to KISS is fair, in regards to how the audience of both bands are viewed in regards to respective hey day . Now whether Slipknot's music holds up or if they are able to maintain their fan base only time will tell.

So far all of their albums have been successful, even more so then contempories like Korn and Limp Bizkit, who have lost fans or seen their album sells slow down.

Yes, but will Sliptknot stand the test of time as KISS has? Korn and Limp Bizkit hasn't

Uhhh... Korn is doing very well still actually,
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:25 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
When KISS first came out in 1974, they were not considered serious musicians and the industry treated them almost as a joke. It was thru touring and playing that one fans over one city at a time, when they finally made it to platinum status with 'Alive' critics and even older rock/metal fans at the time derided them for being gimmicky and for attracting so many young fans, it was not til years and years later that KISS were given any credit by critics and KISS's audience was considered to be mindless drones, of course those mindless drones grew up and I was among them. The percepation of who KISS's audience were did not gel with reality, it was critical snubbery and hippies who thought KISS had nothing to offer musicially. Of course these same critics turned on the Rolling Stones for attracting younger fans.

I am a Slipknot fan not my favorite band but I am a fan. I think as far as the audience comparison and how they are compared to KISS is fair, in regards to how the audience of both bands are viewed in regards to respective hey day . Now whether Slipknot's music holds up or if they are able to maintain their fan base only time will tell.

So far all of their albums have been successful, even more so then contempories like Korn and Limp Bizkit, who have lost fans or seen their album sells slow down.

Yes, but will Sliptknot stand the test of time as KISS has? Korn and Limp Bizkit hasn't

Except half the band left and their last record wasn't received very well.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:48 am

As much as it pains most of us (myself included), I believe they are still raking it in.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:50 am

Smindas wrote:
As much as it pains most of us (myself included), I believe they are still raking it in.

KORN is a household name, they will always benefit from that.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:12 pm

manny wrote:
As far as 'Dynasty' and 'Unmasked', KISS are their own harshest critics when comes to those albums, if you read their book 'Behind the Mask' they are not very fond of those albums but much to Paul and Gene's credit they put the blame solely at their feet and not Vini Ponica.

Speaking of Vini they hired him to make Peter Criss more confident , since he produced his solo album and ironically he thought Peter Criss's drumming was not good enough for a KISS album.
I agree. Dynasty and Unmasked were the band's attempt to keep up with what was going on at the time. Vini Ponica actually did a good job with the production, it was the songs and direction the band took that was the problem. The cool thing was that the band wasn't afraid to try a different approach. Yeah they failed, but so what.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:43 pm

One of the biggest blunders is the original Van Halen getting together to present an award at the grammys with the "welcome back" bit on MTV and then go on and do the whole VH 3 thing. What a let down.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:34 pm

How about bands from overseas not getting enough exposure in the USA or vice versa. There are tons of metal bands i love that I will never get a chance to see because they arent widely known in the world. Also it hurts the distribution of there music as they arent available in the states.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:36 pm

How about letting "Nu Metal" exist
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:40 pm

Addy wrote:
How about letting "Nu Metal" exist

I think when Nu Metal came onto the scene it was huge and really became this love affair with teenagers. We had Ozzfest which was pretty much a Nu Metal festival. Granted there are some awesome cds to come out of this era I must say. I do believe though that Nu Metal should of def not been as big as it became.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:57 pm

xyz wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Except half the band left and their last record wasn't received very well.

Well if we're gonna make that the standard.

Megadeth hasn't stood the test of time
Anthrax hasn't stood the test of time
Led Zeppelin hasn't stood the test of time
Black Sabbath hasn't stood the test of time
Deep Purple hasn't stood the test of time
Pink Floyd hasn't stoof the test of time

Just because you don't like it does not mean its not gonna stand the test of time.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 pm

journeyman wrote:
One of the biggest blunders is the original Van Halen getting together to present an award at the grammys with the "welcome back" bit on MTV and then go on and do the whole VH 3 thing. What a let down.

No doubt. fainting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:37 am

Overkill fires Bobby Gustafson.

Even though they have remained a great band over the years...there is a pure rawness that hasn't been recaptured since he left. Once Horrorscope came around they were a much more polished group...not lacking in power...but "something" was lost in that transition...an attitude that Bobby's over-the-top, scalding leads provided. There was a sense of recklessness in those early Overkill records, they were great fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 am

Alice Cooper decides to do a "relevant" album for the time and produces "Trash".

As it stands now, that is the worst album I have heard in the hard rock/metal genre. EVER! There is not a single song I like on it. Alice thought he'd be "cool" and invite contemporaries to write and perform songs with him. It was horrible. Horrible. Horrible. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

I hope when I revisit "Along Came A Spider" I don't feel the same way I feel for "Trash".
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:26 pm

I am huge Alice Cooper fan but I have to agree with Spec, 'Trash' is just horrible. I was never curious to hear what Bon Jovi would have sounded like if it was fronted by Alice.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:43 pm

detuned wrote:

Even though they have remained a great band over the years...there is a pure rawness that hasn't been recaptured since he left. Once Horrorscope came around they were a much more polished group...not lacking in power...but "something" was lost in that transition...an attitude that Bobby's over-the-top, scalding leads provided. There was a sense of recklessness in those early Overkill records, they were great fun.

I like Bobby but my fav guitarist for Overkill is Sebastian Marino. His leads were amazing. I think its also odd that my fav discs from Overkill are the ones right after Bobby leaves Overkill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:58 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

I like Bobby but my fav guitarist for Overkill is Sebastian Marino. His leads were amazing. I think its also odd that my fav discs from Overkill are the ones right after Bobby leaves Overkill.

I can understand that view, but technical ability of guitarists doesn't impress me, it's feel and attitude. That's why I prefer Bobby to anybody they've had since.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:56 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Alice Cooper decides to do a "relevant" album for the time and produces "Trash".

As it stands now, that is the worst album I have heard in the hard rock/metal genre. EVER! There is not a single song I like on it. Alice thought he'd be "cool" and invite contemporaries to write and perform songs with him. It was horrible. Horrible. Horrible. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

I hope when I revisit "Along Came A Spider" I don't feel the same way I feel for "Trash".

I'm not much of a Coop fan but I feel the same way about "TRASH." It's basically a Desmond Child album with Alice singing on it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:02 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Gant & Cannavino played on the discs after Gustafson. Marino didn't come in until 3 albums after.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:13 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Gant & Cannavino played on the discs after Gustafson. Marino didn't come in until 3 albums after.

What I was saying(I must of worded it wrong) is that i really started liking Overkill when Horrorscope came out. Horrorscope, I Hear Black, The Killing Kind, FTUAB, and Necroshine are all some of my fav Overkill discs. FTUAB and Necroshine being my 2 favs followed by Horrorscope, The Killing Kind and I Hear Black
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Mattallica667 wrote:
SuprimuS wrote:
hmmmmm.....
this isnt metal but
Green Day making music
Hmmm. Dookie was a good album, but after that, sick

That album title makes me think of the scene from the Hulk Hogan movie No Holds Barred.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:41 pm

Laughing very hard Thanks for that now heres my tear jerker.. This is still the funniest video I ever seen

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:05 am

spectrefate wrote:

Alice's solo career has had quite a few missteps but Trash was the worst by far.

I know we've talked about this before but i think the Cult really dropped the ball with Sonic Temple and the hiring of Bob Rock to produce the record. I blame both parties equally for that disappointment of a record.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:22 am

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :
Black Sabbath hiring Ice T to produce " Forbidden".

I agree, although it wasn't Ice T, it was Ernie C that produced it. Ice T did a guest appearance. The album was horrible!

Judas Priest writing and recording Nostradamus.

Anthrax continuing as a band.

Will you guys stop picking on Ice T he is one of the only good sophisticated Rappers in the genre and he had a great metal/punk band called Body Count which Ruled in the past and he has also earned his respect within the metal community which explains why he was able to collaborate with respectable metal bands like Slayer, Motorhead and Black Sabbath and he is a diehard metalhead as well his favourite song is angel of death by Slayer and is a huge fan of Dio. Like cmon he doesn't even rap on the songs because like every other true metalhead he believes that mixing rap and metal is immoral and has criticised amateurish rap metal bands like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit in the past thats why he sings instead of rapping.

Also heres a move that was 1000 times worse than Black Sabbath collaborating with Ice T. MetallicA collaborating with that irritating amateurish rapper Ja Rule that was completely blasphemous even worse than releasing St Anger

I agree totally about Judas priest writing Nostradamas that album was almost as bad as Demolition.

Dimebag forming Damage Plan with his brother

My Sister's Machine the best and most underrated grunge band breaking up. A sad tragic day indeed hopefully they'll reunite someday

Kirk Hammet wearing a Trivium T shirt

Mr Bungle and Faith No More breaking up I recently spoke with Danny Leifetz the drummer from Mr Bungle and he said there is no chance of a reunion

Fates Warning turning to pop rock

Artch breaking up

Trivium forming as band

Kanye west collaborating with u2 on their latest album

Metal bands who mix emo and rap with metal a nasty combination
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:35 pm

I for one dont mind Trivium just another band people seem to hate because they got a little popular. They have some killer songs imo..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next