Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!

Go down 
+30
rattpoison
Required Fields
Addy
journeyman
Mattallica667
SuprimuS
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
DallasBlack
kmorg
INVADERS
King D
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
Lurideath
skullsmasher
A Handful of Wayne
TheGooch
Smindas
XYZ
James B.
ultmetal
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:29 pm

I agree, i dont mind Trivium's music, but somtimes people go way over board and give them alot more credit than there worth.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 pm

SuprimuS wrote:
I agree, i dont mind Trivium's music, but somtimes people go way over board and give them alot more credit than there worth.

exactly, they are one of those love em hate em bands. If you love em they are the best thing ever if you hate em well they stink and should be thrown away. I am in the middle I find some songs killer and the rest filler.
Back to top Go down
Moderus
Metal novice
Metal novice
Moderus

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Fear Factory firing Dino Cazares and allowing Christian to play the guitar. Not letting Byron Stroud actually record on an album. Burton C. Bell thinking Ascension Of The Watchers was/is a good idea.

A lot of bands (Metallica, Korn, SOAD, ect) releasing subpar album mixes and thinking it makes the music sound better.

Any band that my little sister listens to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Tom Warrior switching from Guitar to Bass on Cold Lake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:53 pm

detuned wrote:

I thought Kurt Kobe Bryant or something played bass on that? scratch
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:23 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Trivium just another band people seem to hate because they got a little popular

Ah..... thats not the reason why I hate them. ACDC are doing well in the charts and I certainly don't hate them I still think they RULE. Trivium are a total disgrace to thrash metal in every way possible comparing them to the sub genre is like comparing Kevin Federline or Vanilla Ice to rap/hip hop. First of all the riffs are totally unoriginal its just a collage of riffs taken from MetallicA, Megadeth, Slayer and few other thrash metal bands. Secondly they mix emo and metalcore with thrash metal which is like mixing dog poo and cat piss with gold. Listen to the singer everytime he has a clean voice in a cringe making sortta way sounds like James Hetfield singing in a emo way. Hopefully they'll end up getting ridiculed in every sadistic way possible and end up a fad like Limp Bizkit

Last edited by fingers on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

I thought Kurt Kobe Bryant or something played bass on that? scratch

I used to have the VHS concert from that tour, Warrior played bass and there were 2 guitarists. Once Martin Ain came back he switched back to guitar.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:41 am

fingers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Ah..... thats not the reason why I hate them. ACDC are doing well in the charts and I certainly don't hate them I still think they RULE. Trivium are a total disgrace to thrash metal in every way possible comparing them to the sub genre is like comparing Kevin Federline or Vanilla Ice to rap/hip hop. First of all the riffs are totally unoriginal its just a collage of riffs taken from MetallicA, Megadeth, Slayer and few other thrash metal bands. Secondly they mix emo and metalcore with thrash metal which is like mixing dog poo and cat piss with gold. Listen to the singer everytime he has a clean voice in a cringe making sortta way sounds like James Hetfield singing in a emo way. Hopefully they'll end up getting ridiculed in every sadistic way possible and end up a fad like Limp Bizkit

Trivium has some killer guitar work and hooks thats why i like em. I dont love them but disliking a band because they play the music they love is unfair. There riffs sound nothing like Metallica or Megadeth to me. As far as using Ac/Dc as an example thats a bad choice. When has Ac/dc not been popular? What I was saying is people tend to dislike a band that becomes more popular with releases. You always here people say I liked the band better when no one knew them..
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
fingers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Trivium has some killer guitar work and hooks thats why i like em. I dont love them but disliking a band because they play the music they love is unfair. There riffs sound nothing like Metallica or Megadeth to me. As far as using Ac/Dc as an example thats a bad choice. When has Ac/dc not been popular? What I was saying is people tend to dislike a band that becomes more popular with releases. You always here people say I liked the band better when no one knew them..

even its disrespecting thrash metal by mixing it with emo and metalcore? No
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:53 am

fingers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
fingers wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

even its disrespecting thrash metal by mixing it with emo and metalcore? No

Sorry I just dont look at things that way. Bands play what they want, if people think its uncool to mix styles in music then the jokes on them. Yes Trivium has some metalcore in them but the mixture sounds killer at times. As for the Emo i dont hear it, and that term is way over used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:27 am

Stryper doing Against The law. bad idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:55 am

http://www.heartofmetal.net/let-the-music-do-the-talking-f8/umwhat-happened-to-chris-cornell-t8492.htm
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:46 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:

Nope. Great idea. It's their best album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

not sure about "the best", but it certainly holds up with the rest of their albums.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:48 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

not sure about "the best", but it certainly holds up with the rest of their albums.

I agree. Some of my favorite Stryper songs are on that album. Caught in the Middle, Against the Law, Lady, Rock the Hell Out of You and the cover, Shining Star are all great IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:00 pm

It's nowhere near their best album.

But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

I agree. Some of my favorite Stryper songs are on that album. Caught in the Middle, Against the Law, Lady, Rock the Hell Out of You and the cover, Shining Star are all great IMO.

Love that album as well. Two Time Woman is my favorite song but the whole album is a solid release.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:00 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:

Nah,Stryper doing Reborn.Now thats a bad idea
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:20 am

thrasher73 wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

Nah - I like that one too!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 am

thrasher73 wrote:

As the game show host in "RoboCop" says, "I'll buy that for a dollar."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

As the game show host in "RoboCop" says, "I'll buy that for a dollar."

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

thrasher73 wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

I disagree. i like reborn. i also like ATL.

ATL had a few very good songs on it. The title track, Two Time woman, Rock the people, All For One and RTHOOY.

The change in direction was the problem. They pissed off their hardcore fan base. They could've just said jeses a little less, instead of every interview being about how they were no longer singing about God. It just didn't make any sense then, and it doesn't now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:15 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
It just didn't make any sense then, and it doesn't now.

"Our records aren't selling well enough...let's switch to the secular market...oops, now we're selling even less...let's switch back"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:25 am

detuned wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
It just didn't make any sense then, and it doesn't now.

"Our records aren't selling well enough...let's switch to the secular market...oops, now we're selling even less...let's switch back"

I refuse to believe any of that. The record company was pressuring them, that's for sure. They never liked them being a christian band.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:29 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:

The change in direction was the problem. They pissed off their hardcore fan base. T It just didn't make any sense then, and it doesn't now.

sounds like spinal tap lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!   Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Metal Decisions Ever Thread!!
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next