Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla - Forever More

Go down 
+17
DeathCult
black halo
James B.
sam
Metal Misfit
akeldama
Selvmord
the sentinel
spiritoradio
Todd Jaymz
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
I have heard the entire cd and it is actually pretty good.
How? I've heard there are no promos.

I went over to somebody's house and they played it for me
Sometimes it is really kewl to have friends.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:15 am

This is a band that I don't need to hear any advance tunes. I'm getting this without question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:56 pm

That's so true and there are not many bands like that. I recently picked up their new concert vid and it's pretty good. Jeff's vocals are a little thin but overall a good video to own.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:02 am

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

Kinda seems like I was being a smart @$$, but actually it was merely answering your question w'out giving up that I am very good friends with one of the band members. Knew him back before even City Kid started. Laterz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:50 am

James B. wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

Kinda seems like I was being a smart @$$, but actually it was merely answering your question w'out giving up that I am very good friends with one of the band members. Knew him back before even City Kid started. Laterz
To be honest, I just didn't believe you. lol!
Back to top Go down
black halo
Metal novice
Metal novice
black halo

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:28 pm

I got "Forevermore" on friday. It's very solid just like every thing this band has ever put out. They always deliver the goods. The song "Breaking Free" is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Coppin' it next week when I get PAID. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 pm

I got this over the weekend and it's pretty great. It's been awhile since I've gone out and picked up a cd on the 1st week of release, but it's Tesla and this did not disappoint one bit. It's got some rockin' tunes, some acoustic moments, and the band sounds great with the new guy. Don't take this as a criticism of the band, but they've pretty much stuck to their formula/sound and they do it well. If you've liked their past efforts, you're gonna like this one too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I got this over the weekend and it's pretty great. It's been awhile since I've gone out and picked up a cd on the 1st week of release, but it's Tesla and this did not disappoint one bit. It's got some rockin' tunes, some acoustic moments, and the band sounds great with the new guy. Don't take this as a criticism of the band, but they've pretty much stuck to their formula/sound and they do it well. If you've liked their past efforts, you're gonna like this one too.
Dave Rude is a great addition to the band, for sure. And it's an excellent album. I picked it up Saturday and it rocks! Definitely not complete 80s Tesla, but they've modernized their sound without completely abandoning their 80s sound. It's still there right alongside the modern sound. I love it.

Can't wait for that box set.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Quote :
Can't wait for that box set.

Still no release date on that is there? Last reports were "early 2009". Anyone have updated news or info?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Solid release with no filler in my book.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:09 pm

I didn't even know it was already out. That's why it sucks to live in a small assed hick town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:43 pm

akeldama wrote:
I didn't even know it was already out. That's why it sucks to live in a small assed hick town.
That's why you should visit this forum more often. =)
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
akeldama wrote:
That's why you should visit this forum more often. =)

Dude, I visit every day almost, it just slipped under the radar, i guess. fainting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:26 pm

I too live in a small assed hick town, that's why I come here. You guys save me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 pm

The last thing I remember hearing from Tesla was "Love Song" insane
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:01 pm

DeathCult wrote:
thinking
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:19 pm

I grabbed it last week and love it. Musically, another solid effort as always and lyrically, I think a step up from the 80's Tesla stuff.I agree with the statements of them updating and modernizing their sound without selling out. I have been a fan since 1986, and if these guys keep going like this, I will be a fan until 2086! I am psyched for the box set. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
thinking

Basically, Im trying to say Im out of touch with thier material, that particular song turned me off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:05 pm

Changes was always my favorite. Is the new stuff anything like that song? I absolutely hated Reel to Reel (not a fan of 70's rock) and haven't heard any of their own stuff since back in the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:53 am

7thSecond wrote:
Changes was always my favorite. Is the new stuff anything like that song? I absolutely hated Reel to Reel (not a fan of 70's rock) and haven't heard any of their own stuff since back in the day.
Since when? You heard Bust A Nut?

Awesome album! What about Psychotic Supper?

Some of the best rock solos I've heard right there!

New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmT-aQ6EOz0 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:12 am

Download: MY WAY

That's the bonus cut. Very cool tune, too. 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
Download: MY WAY

That's the bonus cut. Very cool tune, too. 🤘

Where did that come from? Japanese/Euro release?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:25 am

7thSecond wrote:

No, not at all. Their sound is now closer to modern acts like 3 Doors Down or Candlebox. I am not saying that in a bad way, just that that is who I was reminded of when I heard this new album last week. Hope this helps. Peace.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:35 pm

the sentinel wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

No, not at all. Their sound is now closer to modern acts like 3 Doors Down or Candlebox. I am not saying that in a bad way, just that that is who I was reminded of when I heard this new album last week. Hope this helps. Peace.

I don't get that comparrison at all. While I can't say I'm all that familiar with either of those bands, they are a million miles away from what I think Tesla sounds like. I know it doesn't help much at all, but Tesla sounds like Tesla to me. If you were a fan that followed their progression from Mechanical Resonance to this latest release, I can't see not liking this new one. However, if you're looking for The Great Radio Controversy Part II, you might be dissappointed. They grown and progessed over time, but still retain their trademark sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla - Forever More
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next