Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Tesla Song

Go down 
+6
Eyesore
the sentinel
mikeinfla
corplhicks
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 10:38 pm

http://loudwire.com/tesla-new-song-taste-like/
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 11:01 pm

I liked that track a lot for about half the running time...

Then the overdubbed, "synthetic" vocals kicked in and it reminded me of latter-day Def Leppard.

It's still a pretty good song but I will definitely have to hear other songs before I buy anything new from this Tesla lineup.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 11:09 pm

No.

Modern Day Cowboy. Heaven's Trail. Don't De-Rock Me. Edison's Medicine. 2 Late for Love.

THOSE sound like Tesla.

This does not. It STILL does not.

It's not a bad song. But it's not Tesla.

Anyone else here Joe Elliott singing this?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 pm

corplhicks wrote:
No.

Modern Day Cowboy. Heaven's Trail. Don't De-Rock Me. Edison's Medicine. 2 Late for Love.

THOSE sound like Tesla.

Yep!  Exactly!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 am

Hmmmm... I like it! Still wanna hear more but I dig this tune.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 8:59 am

corplhicks wrote:
No.

THOSE sound like Tesla.

Shay, I agree 1000 percent with ya. This is not the Tesla of old. They have spent a lot of time with Def Leppard and have Phil Collen producing, so it's sorta inevitable they will sound like them. In my opinion, too bad; but I will always have a good thought for these guys and wish them well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 9:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
No.

THOSE sound like Tesla.

Yep!  Exactly!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of either new song. It's Tesla doing modern Def Leppard tracks, which doesn't quite work for me. Neither band have ever been very similar in what they do, so allowing Phil Collen to influence this album so much just doesn't make sense to me. =(
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 am

I'm guessing the let Collen have a lot of influence because Leppard's last album did better then the last Tesla one. The songs aren't bad but i'm hoping for better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 1:48 pm

I hear the Def Lep influence, but I'm not fussed by it. Song's pretty ok by me.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 4:46 am

I guess, in this day and age of successful comebacks and return to form (re: Accept), what I really want are the barnburners and the dark grit that Tesla had going. Remember how Edison's Medicine just tore it up on the radio every. damn. time? Or how Song and Emotion maintained a delicate balance between a eulogy and a power-strut? Or the threat of Cumin' Atcha Live with its classic vibe and the dual-guitar attack? I remember sampling their last album and finding nothing of the sort. That's the stuff I miss.

And I really don't think it's Jeff's voice getting mellow. The music is simply lackluster.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Have you listened to the last couple of albums? They have some good songs but I don't know if they can match those early albums. They don't have the same fire.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 1:43 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Have you listened to the last couple of albums? They have some good songs but I don't know if they can match those early albums. They don't have the same fire.

Yes, and exactly; I've given them hopeful listens and always feel like a nap in the middle.

Again, none of the songs are bad at all, they're just of a different identity. Tesla Lite, I suppose?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 6:34 pm

I also think the production kind of neutralizes the songs. I bet live they rock.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:07 pm

It definitely has a Def Leppard influence.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 11:27 am

Frankie has told me on multiple occasions that it is a wonderful thing he has The Frank Hannon Band and I'll leave it at that.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 2:02 pm

Nice name drop. lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Nice name drop. lol!

Wish I knew him back when Tesla was big, but I didn't. My cousin is one of Jeff Keith's ex-wives. The song "What A Shame" is about her. She was a dancer at the titty bar Jeff DJ'd at and you can guess the rest.
I was invited to ride dirt bikes with Jeff and that ended up with me running into Frankie and we became friends. Before moving to Montana in 2010, I played a dozen or so shows with Frankie around the foothills of Northern California. He is as down to earth as a man could be and has talent beyond measure.

Frankie F'n Hannon

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 3:17 pm

That's cool. What a change to go from Cali to Montana.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
That's cool. What a change to go from Cali to Montana.

In California, I had to deal with 100 @$$holes per square mile. Now it's just 1 @$$hole per 100 square miles. Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Quote :
I also think the production kind of neutralizes the songs. I bet live they rock.

When I saw them last week they opened with "Take Me Alive." It's hard to say anything about that one since the studio version hasn't been released yet. They also played "Shock," and it sounded great live, though I like the studio version too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:16 am

James B. wrote:
Frankie has told me on multiple occasions that it is a wonderful thing he has The Frank Hannon Band and I'll leave it at that.  

His solo stuff has gotten mellow as well. The earlier solo stuff he was doing rocked. Not anymore. Now it's more country than rock.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

His solo stuff has gotten mellow as well. The earlier solo stuff he was doing rocked. Not anymore. Now it's more country than rock.

Yeah this sounds really country

This sounds like an old 80's Tesla song

As does this...

I'll give you this one...it's him and his wife's brother paying homage to their father.  Dickie Betts

This is what was meant by my comment.  He actually enjoys playing covers of the stuff he grew up on.  He can't do this in Tesla.

Yet you are correct, there is some mellower stuff as well.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Sunrise In Texas and The Price sound really good, could hear those easily being Tesla songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Tesla Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Tesla Song   New Tesla Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tesla Song
Page 1 of 1