Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla

Go down 
+5
James B.
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
arttieTHE1manparty
ultmetal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 8:18 am

Saw Tesla last night and they ROCKED! If anyone gets a chance to see them on the Reel to Reel tour, DO IT! You won't be disappointed. They played some of the usual TESLA fare including one of my favorites "Freedom Slaves", but they played a ton of KILLER covers. They opened up with UFO's "Rock Bottom" and just annihilated! Frank Hannon just tore it up on the guitar. Other covers they played were Hand Me Down World, Thank You, Day of the Eagle, Honky Tonk Woman, Walk Away, I Just Wanna Make Love to You and a smokin' cover of Peter Frampton's "Do you Feel Like We Do". New guitarist Dave Rude was quite the presence on stage as well. He sort of looked like a young Jimmy Page on stage but had the stage presence of Slash.

Also picked up Disc 2 of the Reel to Reel collection, so now I have the complete 3 disc collection (w/ the bonus disc from Best Buy).

On Saturday Frank Hannon and Dave Rude put on a guitar clinic at Music Go Round in Albuquerque. It was a blast as well. Got to meet them both and had them sign my Reel to Reel CD. Cool guys.

Great show!

Last edited by on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 4:23 pm

They played "Freedome Slaves?" KILLER!! That's one of my favorites as well. Love that song. Did they play "Don't De-Rock Me?" The soloing in that song is ridiculous! I'd really love to hear them play that one live!

I highly recommend Guitarz From Marz from The Frank Hannon Band. It's outstanding! Check out samples HERE!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:15 pm

LAst I saw they won't even be coming close to me, unless their schedule has changed.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:22 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
LAst I saw they won't even be coming close to me, unless their schedule has changed.

Arttie
They're not coming near me either. I think the closest (last time I checked) was Maryland, and that's way too far. I think they're doing Europe after this tour and then another US tour in the Fall. So hopefully they hit some of the places they missed this time out. I can't imagine them not doing a Boston show.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 8:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

Arttie
They're not coming near me either. I think the closest (last time I checked) was Maryland, and that's way too far. I think they're doing Europe after this tour and then another US tour in the Fall. So hopefully they hit some of the places they missed this time out. I can't imagine them not doing a Boston show.

Same here. The closest they are coming is Allentown PA, which is a pretty good hike from Philly. It's not out of the question far, but I've seen them twice in Philadelphia before. I guess they're skipping us this time 'round.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 9:01 pm

I read somewhere on-line that Disc 2 will be available through the band's web site, after the tour is over.

Administrator
ultmetal

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 8:54 am

People have lost their minds!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tesla-Real-to-Reel-cd-Volume-2-not-sold-in-stores_W0QQitemZ200119068538QQihZ010QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/TESLA-Reel-to-Reel-Disc-2-Not-Sold-In-Stores-cd_W0QQitemZ280125350071QQihZ018QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tesla-Reel-To-Reel-Disc-2-Bonus-Guitar-Pick-NEW_W0QQitemZ330136023766QQihZ014QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are 10-20 copies on Ebay and none of them are cheaper than $50. Most are up in the $70 - $80 range. Ouch!

This one is over $100!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tesla-Real-To-Reel-Digipak-BONUS-REEL-2-ALL-3_W0QQitemZ330135211705QQihZ014QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have all three discs and my CD is autographed by Frank Hannon and Dave Rude.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:39 am

That is insane!! People have more money than brains. Can't these people wait 4-5 months for the band to sell it on the website?
Back to top Go down

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 3:04 pm

Retarded! Ult, sell yours on eBay and just buy it when they inevitably release it for everyone. That's what I would do.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 11:22 pm

I thought about that, I really did, but the anal collector in me won't let it go, especially since I had it signed on Saturday.

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:36 am

ultmetal wrote:
I thought about that, I really did, but the anal collector in me won't let it go, especially since I had it signed on Saturday.
An autograph would get you $50 more! Haha. I'd probably have a hard time selling an autographed version, too, but not a regular version. Burn it now, sell for $150, buy it for $10 in a few months. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 1:15 am

Reel 2 will be released on 9/25 to retail outlets. Awesome. I wonder how they'll present it, though? Just a CD, or a separate package?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 10:51 pm

I sort of figured that it was nothing but a scam to get people to go to the show. All those people that paid $100+ for the CD on-line will be crying.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Reel 2 will be released on 9/25 to retail outlets. Awesome. I wonder how they'll present it, though? Just a CD, or a separate package?

Where did you hear this? I've been searching for an official release date and I'm coming up empty. The only thing I've found was on Best Buy's site and they had very little info. Just date (9/25) & price ($9.99). Nobody else seems to be promoting it (not even the band's website), which makes me wonder how Best Buy knows.
Back to top Go down

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 12:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Where did you hear this? I've been searching for an official release date and I'm coming up empty. The only thing I've found was on Best Buy's site and they had very little info. Just date (9/25) & price ($9.99). Nobody else seems to be promoting it (not even the band's website), which makes me wonder how Best Buy knows.
I've seen it on a few sites.

And I wouldn't called it a scam, Ult, but I think it was fairly obvious to be a marketing promotion. The band is just too good to thier fans in general to release something so limited, especially when they didn't tour everywhere. Had they made people pay for a ticket and the CD, then I'd be a lot less forgiving.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:50 am

Yup, marketing promotion is probably a better word than scam. It worked for me. I went.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:51 am

I picked up disc 2 last night in Best Buy for $9.99. Judging by the few they had in stock, I'd guess that it will be a fairly short run, so if you're looking for disc 2, get it quick before they're gone and you pay a premium on ebay.

"Marketing promotion" is more like it. "Scam" is when the band/record company releases the "super-deluxe, ultra-limited double-disc edition with extra tracks and dvd" next year.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 12:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

"Marketing promotion" is more like it. "Scam" is when the band/record company releases the "super-deluxe, ultra-limited double-disc edition with extra tracks and dvd" next year.

Otherwise known as the "Roadrunner Records Business Model" Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 pm

Tesla always had the intention of releasing disc two commercially. It was held back to do something for the fans who attended the shows. Something they really care about, their fans. They are not selling big enough places anymore that it made any difference on attendance by saying folks bought a ticket to get a free cd. Trust me, it cost them money to give them away for free. It may seem strange in the music industry, but that is how it went down. If they were into marketing ploys, we'd have a "reel 2 real unplugged" or something like that. I have a disc of about 12 more cover songs they did that are just as great as any they released commercially. Like I said, they do alot for their fans and often more than not, alot more for their friends.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Still trying to get the "lay of the land" here.

Can someone tell me why this thread was archived?

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:00 pm

Until tonite no one had posted in it since September.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:19 pm

Was unaware of any "by-laws" regarding what thread is suitable for responding to. I am by no means trying to be sarcastic, intention was merely to state something I happen to know something about. The fun thing about being new to a message board is going back and checking stuff out. Besides discovering whether or not a subject has or hasn't been discussed before, something might just happen to be discovered that interests an individual. Sorry if it is old news or non relevant in anothers world, it happens to have some merit to me.
Back to top Go down

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:27 pm

There aren't any by-laws. I was just answering the other guy as to why I thought it was archived. I encourage people to talk about anything. Smile

(except Ozzy and Nightwish)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:37 pm

Quote :
There aren't any by-laws. I was just answering the other guy as to why I thought it was archived. I encourage people to talk about anything

sweet, guess I was kinda / sorta trippin' ?
Back to top Go down

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:00 am

James B. wrote:

sweet, guess I was kinda / sorta trippin' ?

You're fine. I don't blame ya. Alot of other boards are strict about stuff. Here its all about the community. Enjoy yourself. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tesla Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next