Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla - Forever More

Go down 
+17
DeathCult
black halo
James B.
sam
Metal Misfit
akeldama
Selvmord
the sentinel
spiritoradio
Todd Jaymz
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Tesla - Forever More Empty
PostSubject: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 1:42 am

Awesome!

Quote :

TESLA has set a June 5 release date for its "covers" album, entitled "Real to Reel". The two-disc set will contain 25 tracks, and will only be available at the band's live shows. Songs that are expected to appear on the CD include:

AEROSMITH - Seasons Of Wither
ALICE COOPER - Is It My Body
BACHMANN TURNER OVERDRIVE - Not Fragile
BAD COMPANY - Shooting Star
BLACK SABBATH - War Pigs
ERIC CLAPTON/DEREK AND THE DOMINOES - Bell Bottom Blues
JAMES GANG - Walk Away
LED ZEPPELIN - Thank You
LYNYRD SKYNYRD - Saturday Night Special
MONTROSE - Make It Last
PETER FRAMPTON - Do You (Feel Like We Do)
ROBIN TROWER - Day Of The Eagle
SLY & THE FAMILY STONE - I Want To Take You Higher
TEMPTATIONS - Ball Of Confusion
THE BEATLES - I've Got A Feeling
THE ROLLING STONES - Honky Tonk Woman
THE ROLLING STONES - Street Fighting Man
THIN LIZZY - Bad Reputation
TRAFFIC - Dear Mr. Fantasy
UFO - Rock Bottom
URIAH HEEP - Stealin'
ZZ TOP - Beer Drinkers, Hell Raisers

In a January 2007 interview with ZRock, TESLA vocalist Jeff Keith stated about upcoming collection, "We're going to call it 'Real 2 Reel' because we did it on two-inch tape, which nobody hardly ever does anymore. We wanted that warmth of the two-inch tape. That way it's real. Because with ProTools, let's face it — you can make anybody sound like anything. When it comes to tape, you're recording whatever you're laying down, so you've go to feel it. We kept it real-like-live. We would do two or three takes and go in and pick the best take, maybe fix a little part here and there. Of course all my vocals were scratch — and then when I would go in to do the vocals, I would do the same thing. Sing through it like three takes and pick the best one."

Some very different choices there. I can't wait to hear their version of "Seasons of Wither!" They've already done a great version of "Draw The Line" in the past. And "War Pigs?" That'll be interesting.

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 6:24 am

That is quite a selection. It looks really interesting.I'd like to get it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 6:38 am

They're definately not just into metal i see.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 8:14 am

Sounds cool, but it will only be available at their live gigs? That kinda sucks. I rarely go to concerts anymore, I'll have to find out if anyone I know is going to a Tesla show and can hook me up
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 8:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sounds cool, but it will only be available at their live gigs? That kinda sucks. I rarely go to concerts anymore, I'll have to find out if anyone I know is going to a Tesla show and can hook me up

I agree. That does suck!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

A later post at Blabbermouth stated that the double-disc version will only be available at their shows. A single disc with 13 songs will be sold in stores. No mention of what songs would appear on the single disc version.

While it stinks that you need to buy a ticket just to get the double version, you can't go wrong with a Tesla show. I've seen 'em multiple times and they always give an outstanding performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 1:54 pm

I don't go to many shows these days, either, but I'd definitely get to see a Tesla show.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:02 pm

These guys are a phenomenal band, but I'm not even remotely interested in this album. They need to write another album of originals!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Lurideath wrote:
These guys are a phenomenal band, but I'm not even remotely interested in this album. They need to write another album of originals!
It's coming after this release.

Here's their version of "Thank You."

THANK YOU (Real Audio)
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 8:29 pm

The double version will end up on eBay...don't worry! I'm stoked about this, by the way. LOVE Tesla!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 1:06 pm

According to MelodicRock.com, the double-disc version will initially be sold at Tesla shows, then eventually available directly from the band's website. In the meantime, as Artie stated above, I'm sure it will pop up on eBay. Looking forward to it. Great band, cool choice of tunes to cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 1:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

A later post at Blabbermouth stated that
the double-disc version will only be available at their shows. A single
disc with 13 songs will be sold in stores. No mention of what songs
would appear on the single disc version.

While it stinks that
you need to buy a ticket just to get the double version, you can't go
wrong with a Tesla show. I've seen 'em multiple times and they always
give an outstanding performance.

Sounds like Sharon Osbourne is Tesla's new manager.

I always enjoy cover albums so I'll be checking this out. Plus
Tesla are still a great band. Into The Now suprised the hell out
of me when I heard it. Wasn't expecting it to be that good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 1:50 pm

painkiller2142 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

A later post at Blabbermouth stated that
the double-disc version will only be available at their shows. A single
disc with 13 songs will be sold in stores. No mention of what songs
would appear on the single disc version.

While it stinks that
you need to buy a ticket just to get the double version, you can't go
wrong with a Tesla show. I've seen 'em multiple times and they always
give an outstanding performance.
Sounds like Sharon Osbourne is Tesla's new manager.

I always enjoy cover albums so I'll be checking this out. Plus
Tesla are still a great band. Into The Now suprised the hell out
of me when I heard it. Wasn't expecting it to be that good.
After hearing Sofa King/Bar 7, Moon Dog Mane, Soulmotor, and the Frank Hannon Band—all post-break-up side projects—I had faith Into The Now would kick ass, because those side projects are awesome!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 10:57 pm

Into The Now was a GREAT disc, I think.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 6:13 pm

From Blabbermouth...

Here's the complete track listing of "Reel One" (sold at retail):

01. Space Truckin' (DEEP PURPLE)
02. Walk Away (JAMES GANG)
03. Hand Me Down World (GUESS WHO)
04. Bad Reputation (THIN LIZZY)
05. Thank You (LED ZEPPELIN)
06. I've Got A Feeling (BEATLES)
07. Day Of The Eagle (ROBIN TROWER)
08. Ball Of Confusion (TEMPTATIONS)
09. Rock Bottom (UFO)
10. Stealin' (URIAH HEEP)
11. Bell Bottom Blues (ERIC CLAPTON)
12. Honky Tonk Women (ROLLING STONES)
13. Dear Mr. Fantasy (TRAFFIC)

Here's the complete track listing of "Reel Two" (available with concert ticket purchase only):

01. All The Young Dudes (MOTT THE HOOPLE)
02. Make It Last (MONTROSE)
03. Shooting Star (BAD COMPANY)
04. Not Fragile (BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE)
05. Street Fighting Man (ROLLING STONES)
06. Is It My Body (ALICE COOPER)
07. I Want To Take You Higher (SLY & THE FAMILY STONE)
08. Do You Feel Like We Do (PETER FRAMPTON)
09. Beer Drinkers And Hellraisers (ZZ TOP)
10. Seasons Of Wither (AEROSMITH)
11. Saturday Night Special (LYNYRD SKYNYRD)
12. War Pigs (BLACK SABBATH)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 9:25 pm

People are saying their version of "War Pigs" is awesome. Weird. But I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfUCJbQSX6U

Sounds pretty awesome to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 9:58 pm

http://www.teslarealtoreel.com/player-pop.html

More samples! Great stuff. The soloing in "Rock Bottom" is outstanding.

EDIT:

More songs here: http://www.myspace.com/teslatheband. And it appears that Tommy Skeoch is out of the band for good, as they've announced Dave Rude as a permanent member. Tommy left a few years back due to wanting to get treatment for addiction. Not sure how that worked out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 8:55 pm

Dude, the samples sound AWESOME!! This is gonna be a great cd. Those guys are so good. Too bad about Tommy. That dude's been a mess for awhile now. Hope he gets the help he needs. Where did this "Dave Rude" come from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 9:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dude, the samples sound AWESOME!! This is gonna be a great cd. Those guys are so good. Too bad about Tommy. That dude's been a mess for awhile now. Hope he gets the help he needs. Where did this "Dave Rude" come from?
"Ball Of Confusion" wouldn't play for me yesterday. But today it did. WOW! What an awesome tune!

And I have no idea who Dave Rude is.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 9:48 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
"Ball Of Confusion" wouldn't play for me yesterday. But today it did. WOW! What an awesome tune!

And I have no idea who Dave Rude is.

I had the same problem with "Walk Away". It wouldn't play. "Ball of Confusion" worked though.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:02 pm

I just sent a emial to my person at Sanctuary Music Group, I just might be able to get my hands on this. I let you guys know! Burns all around haha-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:42 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
I just sent a emial to my person at Sanctuary Music Group, I just might be able to get my hands on this. I let you guys know! Burns all around haha-TJ
Yeah, that'll teach a band for wanting to make a living!
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:50 pm

I think you may be confused, the label will send sampler cds for promos. As a Metal radio person I work and promote 350 to 400 new albums a year for the bands and there labels. I don't think burning a few promo copies to spread around to get people to buy the double cd is a bad thing-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
I think you may be confused, the label will send sampler cds for promos. As a Metal radio person I work and promote 350 to 400 new albums a year for the bands and there labels. I don't think burning a few promo copies to spread around to get people to buy the double cd is a bad thing-TJ
It's not. I misunderstood. You came off like one of those people that loves to download and doesn't care that it's killing music. I hate those people. Haha.

My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm

Eyesore, I guess I should have made my reply more clear haha. I just found out that Sanctuary USA is closing their doors in june. I guess the USA branch is dead in the water, we'll see what happens in the weeks to come. Who knows I still may be able to get a few promo samplers, I have alot of respect for all of the bands I work at Metal radio. Btw my 12 to 15 hours a week I put in to have a Metal show are free. I don't see a dime, it's all for the love of the music, take care-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla - Forever More
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next