Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla - Forever More

Go down 
+17
DeathCult
black halo
James B.
sam
Metal Misfit
akeldama
Selvmord
the sentinel
spiritoradio
Todd Jaymz
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Download: MY WAY

That's the bonus cut. Very cool tune, too. 🤘

Where did that come from? Japanese/Euro release?
Euro, I think. I downloaded it. I didn't buy the import. My days of spending $35 on a CD are over.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 pm

I like a couple songs but most of the new stuff is just not that good. I wish they could recapture some of that great sound they had in the 80's but bands get "tired". I still like them though and their past albums are still great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Hey Sentinel...who is this?

Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 283-14

I like her....um, hat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
Changes was always my favorite. Is the new stuff anything like that song? I absolutely hated Reel to Reel (not a fan of 70's rock) and haven't heard any of their own stuff since back in the day.

No, not at all. Their sound is now closer to modern acts like 3 Doors Down or Candlebox. I am not saying that in a bad way, just that that is who I was reminded of when I heard this new album last week. Hope this helps. Peace.

I don't get that comparrison at all. While I can't say I'm all that familiar with either of those bands, they are a million miles away from what I think Tesla sounds like. I know it doesn't help much at all, but Tesla sounds like Tesla to me. If you were a fan that followed their progression from Mechanical Resonance to this latest release, I can't see not liking this new one. However, if you're looking for The Great Radio Controversy Part II, you might be dissappointed. They grown and progessed over time, but still retain their trademark sound.
Yeah, they're nothing like 3 Doors Down or Candlebox. It's the same Tesla of old, just with some thicker riffs. The 80s hooks and solos are all still there.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:29 pm

It a good album, it doesn't top Psychotic Supper though. But then again, it doesn't have to.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:40 pm

I hear a modern edge and it's called growth and maturity. They have done what they always do...release something real and honest. It isn't 1989 anymore and it never will be again. They made it relevant to the times (music) and it is very personal (lyrics) Nothing wrong with neither, I suppose ? The important thing is you can listen to any tune on the cd and know who it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:01 pm

If you guys want something that touches more on the earlier Tesla stuff, check out Frank's solo albums. They're killer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
If you guys want something that touches more on the earlier Tesla stuff, check out Frank's solo albums. They're killer.

Will do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Check these:

DIAMONDS IN THE SKY
RE-EVOLUTION
CHAIN REACTION (Instrumental)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Hey Eye

do ya have any Frankie Hannon's Kaleidoscope ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 pm

James B. wrote:
Hey Eye

What is that? I have Bar 7, Moon Dog Mane, and the Frank Hannon Band EP and full-length. Never heard of Kaleidoscope.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
Hey Eye

What is that? I have Bar 7, Moon Dog Mane, and the Frank Hannon Band EP and full-length. Never heard of Kaleidoscope.

It is a project of his that always plays local gigs

there are boots running round someplace on the net, can't recall exactly where. Remember seeing shows available when looking for some "guitarz from marz" shows
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
Changes was always my favorite. Is the new stuff anything like that song? I absolutely hated Reel to Reel (not a fan of 70's rock) and haven't heard any of their own stuff since back in the day.

No, not at all. Their sound is now closer to modern acts like 3 Doors Down or Candlebox. I am not saying that in a bad way, just that that is who I was reminded of when I heard this new album last week. Hope this helps. Peace.

I don't get that comparrison at all. While I can't say I'm all that familiar with either of those bands, they are a million miles away from what I think Tesla sounds like. I know it doesn't help much at all, but Tesla sounds like Tesla to me. If you were a fan that followed their progression from Mechanical Resonance to this latest release, I can't see not liking this new one. However, if you're looking for The Great Radio Controversy Part II, you might be dissappointed. They grown and progessed over time, but still retain their trademark sound.
Yeah, they're nothing like 3 Doors Down or Candlebox. It's the same Tesla of old, just with some thicker riffs. The 80s hooks and solos are all still there.

I guess I just explained it wrong. My bad. I was trying to convey the point that it is more modern sounding without just saying "it's more modern sounding." Ha. I defer to eyesore on this one. Sorry, 7th second. I think you will like the new album anyway. Peace.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hey Sentinel...who is this? I wish I knew.

Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 283-14

I like her....um, hat.

I was on Amazon looking for some cd's the other day and there was a pop up for some costume site and she was on the front page. And since Ghostbusters is my favorite movie and girls with big "boots" are my favorite type of girl, I figured Halloween's on it's way, so...hello new avatar!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:03 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I guess I just explained it wrong. My bad. I was trying to convey the point that it is more modern sounding without just saying "it's more modern sounding." Ha. I defer to eyesore on this one. Sorry, 7th second. I think you will like the new album anyway. Peace.
Hey, we all agree they're more modern sounding. It mainly comes from the riffs, though I think there's still far more of the early Tesla in the mix.

Did you listen to the bonus track I uploaded? That's got a nice old school vibe.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Jury is still out, but this may be equal to Into the Now, even if it is a bit more stripped down.

A couple of these songs would be huge hits on radio if they weren't by an "80s band". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:48 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

A couple of these songs would be huge hits on radio if they weren't by an "80s band". Rolling Eyes

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:25 am

sam wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

lol!
Where's the funny?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:26 pm

i believe the reel to reel came out in the uk last year as a one disc edition. then you could get the second disc free with classic rock magazine
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
sam wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

lol!
Where's the funny?

I found it funny about the "80's band" because I know some people who when asked about a band go: aren't they Old?

no, their from the 80's.

response: God, their old. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Hey, we all agree they're more modern sounding. It mainly comes from the riffs, though I think there's still far more of the early Tesla in the mix.

Did you listen to the bonus track I uploaded? That's got a nice old school vibe.

Yes, I did. Good stuff! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:07 pm

I digging this new disc more and more. Even though it's all new material, there is something so familiar and comforting about it. Like an old pair of comfy jeans.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:31 pm

I heard the samples on Melodicrock.com and thanks to Manny (for the Vinyl) I'm now a big fan. I would have never given them a chance otherwise. This new one is on my "want" list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:07 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I heard the samples on Melodicrock.com and thanks to Manny (for the Vinyl) I'm now a big fan. I would have never given them a chance otherwise. This new one is on my "want" list.
The band? You just getting into them?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Quote :
The band? You just getting into them?

That's correct. When I finally dove into Metal in the late 80's it was heavier and or thrashier stuff. I dismissed Tesla as just another ghey hair band. My mistake!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla - Forever More
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next