Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla - Forever More

Go down 
+17
DeathCult
black halo
James B.
sam
Metal Misfit
akeldama
Selvmord
the sentinel
spiritoradio
Todd Jaymz
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Wow! That soon, huh? Nice!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Apparently they have a "new" 2-cd collection coming out as well, containing all the hits remastered, along with a few b-sides and unreleased tracks. No word on the rumored Box Set, though. Bummer
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:35 pm

That is excellent to hear. Thanks for the heads up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Apparently they have a "new" 2-cd collection coming out as well, containing all the hits remastered, along with a few b-sides and unreleased tracks. No word on the rumored Box Set, though. Bummer
Yeah, I saw that a while back. It's awesome that they've included a bunch of b-sides. Some of them are killer!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yeah, I saw that a while back. It's awesome that they've included a bunch of b-sides. Some of them are killer!

I'm sure they are (some I heard), but for a band like Tesla, I'd rather have those rare b-sides and un-released tracks as part of a box set. I'd gladly purchase that over another re-hashed Greatest Hits collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm sure they are (some I heard), but for a band like Tesla, I'd rather have those rare b-sides and un-released tracks as part of a box set. I'd gladly purchase that over another re-hashed Greatest Hits collection.
They have a lot of b-sides. There's only a few on this greatest hits thing, and I think them including some b-sides makes it a better value. It's likely that they had no say in the release anyway, so it's cool they're including some rare stuff.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Can't wait for that new album! Tesla NEVER let's me down.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
They have a lot of b-sides. There's only a few on this greatest hits thing, and I think them including some b-sides makes it a better value. It's likely that they had no say in the release anyway, so it's cool they're including some rare stuff.

You say better value, I say marketing gimmick that's bending the true fans over and rogering them with a knobby-headed dildo with no lube or kiss. Eh, tomatoes, to-ma-toes I suppose. I'll still wait for the box set.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:26 pm

I think that bands should release more "unreleased" material. I Have been whining to my buddies about this for a while now. If a band is as big as Kiss, Priest, Aerosmith, then they have to have tons of material to put on all the greatest hits comps and live albums. I am all for this.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:31 pm

One of my favorite bands, looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:09 pm

I have heard the boxed set is not a rumor, but a fact. The band has said it will come out the first part of next year...

"TESLA drummer Troy Lucketta contacted BW&BK directly today (July 31st) to announce that the band has finished recording their new album and will start mixing it tomorrow with an October release date in mind. he also confirmed that the song 'Dear Pvt. Ledbetter' premiered on the live DVD Comin' Atcha Live will be on the new CD, "but it is completely different... it's slower and moodier." They've also altered the song's bridge.

Finally, Lucketta revealed that the band's career retrospective box set is nearing completion. A whopping 40 UNRELEASED songs have been mixed and mastered and are ready to go. A release is planned for "the first quarter of 2009."

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Yeah, it's not a rumor. It's just been talked about for a few years now. I can't wait. I think it's going to kick ass!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:16 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I have heard the boxed set is not a rumor, but a fact. The band has said it will come out the first part of next year...

"TESLA drummer Troy Lucketta contacted BW&BK directly today (July 31st) to announce that the band has finished recording their new album and will start mixing it tomorrow with an October release date in mind. he also confirmed that the song 'Dear Pvt. Ledbetter' premiered on the live DVD Comin' Atcha Live will be on the new CD, "but it is completely different... it's slower and moodier." They've also altered the song's bridge.

Finally, Lucketta revealed that the band's career retrospective box set is nearing completion. A whopping 40 UNRELEASED songs have been mixed and mastered and are ready to go. A release is planned for "the first quarter of 2009."

Arttie

That's awesome news. I kinda knew it was more than a rumor at this point, but I'm glad to see something a little more "official".
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:36 pm

In further Tesla news, the new DVD out 'Cumin' Atcha Live 2008' is out
now and a new compilation is due out from the band's original record
label August 26. The 2CD set Gold will feature the following songs:
CD1: Cumin' Atcha Live, Ez Come Ez Go, Modern Day Cowboy, Gettin'
Better, Rock Me To The Top, Little Suzi, Hang Tough, Heaven's Trail (No
Way Out), Lazy Days, Crazy Nights, The Way It Is, Love Song, Love In
Vain+, I Ain't Superstitious++, Rock The Nation++, Signs Live, Paradise
Live, Children's Heritage++, Cotton Fields ++.
CD2: Edison's Medicine, Call It What You Want, Song & Emotion, What
You Give, Mama's Fool, Try So Hard, A Lot To Lose, The Ocean, Last
Action Hero, Steppin' Over, Into The Now, Heaven Nine Eleven, Caught In
A Dream, Thank You.
+ previously unreleased / ++ non-lp single b-side
WebLinks: www.teslatheband.com/home.aspx / www.myspace.com/teslatheband.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 am

http://www.myspace.com/teslatheband

New single. I dig it. More like the last album, but still a great rock tune. I love this band! The MySpace mix is a bit messed up, though. I'm sure an album version will be much smoother.

Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 L_1cef2f9a4c6d0d68716b34d04687d9a4

Dig that artwork, too, but maybe a bit too metal for these guys. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 am

Cool cover, cool tune, great band.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:36 am

I am definately ready for this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Good song, definitely picking this one up.

Eyesore wrote:

Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 L_1cef2f9a4c6d0d68716b34d04687d9a4

Dig that artwork, too, but maybe a bit too metal for these guys. Haha.

Razz That's the first thing that popped into my mind too. The album's title sounds like like metal band name as well: Forevermore... Perhaps they can play a double bill with Nevermore!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:20 am

Two new songs:

BREAKIN FREE
SO WHAT

These guys have done such a great job of modernizing their sound yet still sounding like the band they were in the 80s and 90s. And they're still writing awesome songs!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Two new songs:

BREAKIN FREE
SO WHAT

These guys have done such a great job of modernizing their sound yet still sounding like the band they were in the 80s and 90s. And they're still writing awesome songs!

Wow, this album is gonna be just as good (if not better) than Into the Now and that album was great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Sounds really cool. I agree with Eyesore they have updated their sound without selling out.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:25 pm

execellent band 🤘 , can't wait for the new one
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12623

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:02 am

I have heard the entire cd and it is actually pretty good. Frankie really kicks on guitar. It has modern sounding stuff and other stuff that touch's the late 80's sound. They have figured out thier new toys in the studio and the production is stellar ! Hope they do good with it !
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:39 am

Great band, live and on record. Never been disappointed....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 am

James B. wrote:
I have heard the entire cd and it is actually pretty good.
How? I've heard there are no promos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla - Forever More
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next