Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla - Forever More

Go down 
+17
DeathCult
black halo
James B.
sam
Metal Misfit
akeldama
Selvmord
the sentinel
spiritoradio
Todd Jaymz
arttieTHE1manparty
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 9:45 pm

I don't think Tesla are signed to Sanctuary anymore... I am not 100 percent sure but I believe I read on Blabbermouth earlier this week that the covers CD will be released on the band's own label, distributed by Rykodisc.

Sucks about Sanctuary closing their US offices, though!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 11:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't think Tesla are signed to Sanctuary anymore... I am not 100 percent sure but I believe I read on Blabbermouth earlier this week that the covers CD will be released on the band's own label, distributed by Rykodisc.

Sucks about Sanctuary closing their US offices, though!!

You're correct. They did say that. Tesla Electric Records, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 4:37 pm

Picked this up yesterday. Outstanding!! Now I can't wait to get my hands on "Reel 2"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 pm

I got a message from Best Buy yesterday telling me the CD is backordered. Awesome. It was supposed to arrive yesterday, according the their site. Now I have to wait 1 to 2 weeks. All I know is that they'd better now forget the damn extra CD! Haha.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 12:21 am

Awesome cd. The whole getting Real To Reel 2 at the concert sucks, because their not coming anywhere near me. How am I going to get it? What a predicament.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 8:12 am

I picked up the disc yesterday. Sounds good so far. I too think that not including the second disc sucks!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 10:03 am

BTW, picked up my copy at Best Buy and it came with a 'bonus disc' of material. "War Pigs", "Shine Away", "Modern Day Cowboy" and "Paradise".

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 10:50 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Awesome cd. The whole getting Real To Reel 2 at the concert sucks, because their not coming anywhere near me. How am I going to get it? What a predicament.

I believe the band said they will make it available for sale on their website after the tour is over. I wouldn't hold my breath for it, but I'm sure it will pop up eventually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
BTW, picked up my copy at Best Buy and it came with a 'bonus disc' of material. "War Pigs", "Shine Away", "Modern Day Cowboy" and "Paradise".
I just got my copy in the mail today, no bonus disc. Though it was supposed to be included with the pre-order. I sent an e-mail off, wonder if I'll hear anything back. Lame. "Shine Away" is one of my top 5 Tesla tunes. How's the acoustic version?

Anyway, I've listened to this thing twice now, and I must say it's one of the best covers albums I've heard. Everything sounds so natural. Nothing sounds forced or out of place. These could be Tesla tunes. Is that Jeff Keith singing that falsetto stuff in "Space Truckin'"? Haha. I definitely didn't expect that! And "Ball Of Confusion" is a brilliant tune. I don't know the original, but this version gave me goose bumps!

EDIT: Read the booklet, Ken! I guess Jeff does sing that high! Nice.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 3:10 pm

Unfortunately Tesla are playing here on Father's Day. While I am a father, going to a concert instead of going to see my Father probably isn't going to happen. Bummer! Guess I'll be purchasing disc 2 on Ebay or something. Darn!

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 3:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Unfortunately Tesla are playing here on Father's Day. While I am a father, going to a concert instead of going to see my Father probably isn't going to happen. Bummer! Guess I'll be purchasing disc 2 on Ebay or something. Darn!
Buy a ticket, show up and pick up your disc on the way to dinner and then leave. Simple. The tickets are cheap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 3:57 pm

OK, I just flipped through the booklet. Tesla will most definitely release Reel II to the general public at some point. Probably toward the end of the year. It makes no sense for the band to create a 2CD package like this, and only make disc 2 available at shows, when they're not touring everywhere. That's just unfair, and Tesla is definately not that kind of band.

They went through all that trouble of creating a slot for disc 2, and they included the tracklisting for it on the back of the CD, and wrote about all those songs in the liner notes, only to release it in very limited quantities? No way. It doesn't make sense. We'll all get a copy sooner or later, and not through eBay.

I really wanna hear "Seasons Of Wither," too.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:20 pm

That was my thought EXACTLY, Eyesore. No way they would go to that trouble on the packaging if they weren't going to put that other disc out at some time.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 5:37 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
That was my thought EXACTLY, Eyesore. No way they would go to that trouble on the packaging if they weren't going to put that other disc out at some time.

Arttie
Right. This is likely just a simple marketing ploy to get people out to a show. It's not about money, since the disc is free with a ticket. They just want people to show up.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:42 pm

Did anyone have to return there discs back to Best Buy or whichever store you bought from? I had to bring mine back four times before I received one with no scratches or skips. What a pain. They think it was just the batch that came with the bonus discs, because the one that I finally got was one that did not have a bonus disc, but I told them I wanted the bonus disc, since I originally bought one with a bonus disc, and they they were cool about it. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:59 pm

I got an e-mail from Best Buy saying my question went to the "research team," they'd get back to me in 5 to 10 days. Are you kidding me?!?! I want that damn bonus disc!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:44 am

Time to accept it, folks; the digital age isn't going away. And that makes me sad.

Quote :
TESLA has just released a new seven-track iTunes digital-download exclusive EP called "A Peace of Time". According to the group, the EP is a "seven-song taste of music that was recorded live in the studio and features recordings of TESLA's own songs in a different fashion as well as a few covers that we love. Set to be released for the holiday season, there is a recording of the Christmas classic 'Silent Night' and alternate recordings of TESLA classics."

"A Peace of Time" track listing:

01. I Love You (CLIMAX BLUES BAND)
02. Everything I Own (BREAD)
03. Signs (FIVE MAN ELECTRICAL BAND)
04. The Way It Is
05. What You Give
06. I'd Love To Change The World (TEN YEARS AFTER)
07. Silent Night (acoustic solo)

Track by track description:

I Love You (Climax Blues Band) - This track was the first song that Tesla recorded in the studio together when reuniting in 2000 after the 5 year break-up. JK asked the band to record this song to be played at his wedding.

Everything I Own (Bread) - Another beautiful love song, this song really showcases JK's vocal ability and Tesla's ability to "own" a classic cover. Transposed using a capo and teslafied during the guitar solo, this track captures Tesla chemistry.

Signs - This is a very raunchy version of our top 10 hit recorded "live" in the studio with a little more grit and attitude than the 5 man "acoustic" version.

The Way It Is - We recorded this version in the studio after coming home from the Canadian "acoustic" tour. It is a stripped down version and we opted to sing it a bit lower to make it more soulful and played the guitar parts with a softer touch.

What You Give - Not much to say about this track except it is one of our favorite songs we've written and our fans seem to love it as much if not more today than ever. This recording is a Hybrid version of acoustic and electric complete with the guitar solo being played acoustically and the twangy country licks complementing JK's soulful lyrics.

I'd Love To Change The World (Ten Years After) - A Great song! This track was originally considered for the "Real To Reel" set list but somehow got left behind. This is a "live" demo version recorded in the studio and we wanted to convey a fierce "Guitar" battle between Frank and Tommy. There is a lot of aggression in the music and JK put some serious vibes in the vocals.

Silent Night (Acoustic Solo) - This recording is an acoustic arrangement put together by Frank Hannon as a bonus track for the EP's release in December for Christmas. The melody is beautiful and is reminiscent of Tesla's "Love Song" intro with classical guitar lines and finger picking. To add to the arrangement, there are Dobro slide parts and a Mandolin outro added to enhance the holiday spirit. Enjoy!

Samples: http://www.teslatheband.com/sound/player.htm
Avantasia just released an iTunes exclusive track; Charlotte Martin has released a bunch of iTunes exclusive crap; and there's a bunch of other bands I can't recall at the moment that have done the same thing, and I've just ignored it, hoping for real releases. Ain't happening!

Anyway, these samples sound cool. Anyone wanna start a club called A Round of iTunes or something? Like when some exclusive crap is released on iTunes, one person buys a round of MP3s and shares them with everyone in the group. So on and so on. Haha. Can you share iTunes MP3s?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:52 am

I find it a little odd that a band like Tesla, who for better or worse, seem to enjoy their retro-roots so much, would embrace this "new-fangled technology". But I guess it's just a sign of the times and a band's gotta make money somehow.

That being said, the cynic in me has to ask. What are the odds that this will show up in a regular cd-format in a few months as a limited-edition special ep or as a part of that in-the-works box set?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I find it a little odd that a band like Tesla, who for better or worse, seem to enjoy their retro-roots so much, would embrace this "new-fangled technology". But I guess it's just a sign of the times and a band's gotta make money somehow.

That being said, the cynic in me has to ask. What are the odds that this will show up in a regular cd-format in a few months as a limited-edition special ep or as a part of that in-the-works box set?
I think a lot of bands are just doing it as a gift to fans. Let's be honest here, this won't make a band money. If I see it on a torrent site, I'm downloading it.

It would be cool if they released it as an EP, but I don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think a lot of bands are just doing it as a gift to fans. Let's be honest here, this won't make a band money. If I see it on a torrent site, I'm downloading it.

It would be cool if they released it as an EP, but I don't see it happening.

I'm all for a band to make a buck these days, especially Tesla. I was just commenting on the fact that it's Tesla doing it. Good for them for embracing new technology and getting music to their fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm all for a band to make a buck these days, especially Tesla. I was just commenting on the fact that it's Tesla doing it. Good for them for embracing new technology and getting music to their fans.
I think this sort of thing is going to happen more and more and more. I won't lie, I've comtemplated going digital myself. Can't imagine I ever would, but it's crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think this sort of thing is going to happen more and more and more. I won't lie, I've comtemplated going digital myself. Can't imagine I ever would, but it's crossed my mind.

Yup, that's progress for ya. I myself can't imagine going digital. I enjoy having a product to hold. But I understand that a dying record industry has to find new ways of cutting costs to show a profit, even if that means no artwork, jewelcases, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 5:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yup, that's progress for ya. I myself can't imagine going digital. I enjoy having a product to hold. But I understand that a dying record industry has to find new ways of cutting costs to show a profit, even if that means no artwork, jewelcases, etc.
See, I don't have a stereo anymore. I've been working in IT since 1995, so I'm all over the computer crap. I work on a computer, listen to music on a computer, watch movies on a computer, and watch cable TV through my damn computer! Recently I've been setting up playlists, creating data CDRs for my truck, and I've managed to have like 70GB of music on my PC. So that's how I started thinking about transferring everything to my PC, or a couple external drives.

It's just all so convenient. But the collector in me is still stubborn.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
See, I don't have a stereo anymore. I've been working in IT since 1995, so I'm all over the computer crap. I work on a computer, listen to music on a computer, watch movies on a computer, and watch cable TV through my damn computer! Recently I've been setting up playlists, creating data CDRs for my truck, and I've managed to have like 70GB of music on my PC. So that's how I started thinking about transferring everything to my PC, or a couple external drives.

It's just all so convenient. But the collector in me is still stubborn.

I'm pretty much just the opposite. Got my sweet stereo set-up in the basement, digital cable, big TV. I almost never listen to music through my computer, mainly because of the crappy speakers. I enjoy picking out cd's for the week that I listen to on the way to work and then popping them into my work boom-box, sometimes listening with the big ol' comfy headphones. The only music I have stored on my computer is a few cd's that I've ripped to put on an mp3 player, my one "modern" vice. Going all digital doesn't interest me. Guess I'm old-fashioned that way.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:59 pm

New album news...

Multi-platinum rockers TESLA are looking well into the future with their seventh studio album, "Forever More", set for release October 7 on Tesla Electric Company Recordings (in partnership with Ryko Distribution).

"I Wanna Live", the new album's first single, is being serviced to radio stations nationwide on August 18. The band's world tour will kick off October 1 in Salt Lake City with more dates announced in the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Forever More   Tesla - Forever More - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla - Forever More
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next